Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Extreme Fan

I for one hate prequels. They're something that should only be done when another sequel just can't be made, in my opinion. My wish for the next X-Files movie would be about the next alien invasion in 2012 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. A stand alone movie would be cool though.
Buffyverse 1997 - Now & Forever
"I have promises to keep... and miles to go before I sleep."
Old 04-13-2003, 04:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jei:
...and I'm not even going to start on the LoneGun Men or the Starlight children Samantha is now apart of)
Omg.So I'm not the only one totally pissed of by that "excuse" of a plot.Ha!So happy now.

WTH was that?!
I mean,they just said to us: Hey,you people,ignore seasons 2,3 and 4.Ignore Sam's adult clone. They did NOT happened,ok?!I know that you think they were cool and stuff,but we like pretty shinny lights,so we decided that Sam should be one.Deal with it!

Really,I hate that storyline with all my heart.
Sam was the anchor of that show.She and all fans deserved better. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Still haven't heard any updates on the movie although I am sure it will happen...

anyone picking up the 7th Season DVD on the 13th to add to there collection.

Can we start a DVD thread on here for kicks?
Old 05-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey Gleebo, what a surprise seeing you over here. You getting ready for the last two eppies of BTVS? I'll miss that show almost as much as I miss TXF, and only slightly more than I miss ST:TNG.

I sure hope they are serious about continuing with the movie franchise. There are still too many unanswered questions that fans of the show have. And I'm still waiting for my M/S ending...dangit, they just belong together.

I have to actually stock up on the rest of my X-Files DVDs...only have the first three seasons. So many shows to buy DVDs for...mainly The X-Files and BTVS. Though I wish TXF DVDs only cost $50 like the BTVS DVDs do *sigh* So much money, but it for a good cause.

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst2000:
<STRONG>Hey Gleebo, what a surprise seeing you over here. You getting ready for the last two eppies of BTVS? I'll miss that show almost as much as I miss TXF, and only slightly more than I miss ST:TNG.

I sure hope they are serious about continuing with the movie franchise. There are still too many unanswered questions that fans of the show have. And I'm still waiting for my M/S ending...dangit, they just belong together.

I have to actually stock up on the rest of my X-Files DVDs...only have the first three seasons. So many shows to buy DVDs for...mainly The X-Files and BTVS. Though I wish TXF DVDs only cost $50 like the BTVS DVDs do *sigh* So much money, but it for a good cause.</STRONG>
Yeah Im gonna miss BtVS, probably even more than the Files. I loved the Files but they got 9 years. I wanted at least that out of Buffy. Everyone complains that the show went downhill in it's later seasons but I thought that S7 and S8 were my favorites.

I have all 6 seasons on DVD and am shelling out the cash for S7 tomorrow.

Ill see you around. Ill be on the Buffy threads after I see the episode on Saturday night.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:21 PM
New Fan

First let me say that The X-Files used to be my favorite show of all time but the way they ended it annoyed me. The last 2 seasons basically nothing was accomplished. The series fanalie accomplished nothing. I wanted it to end the way Buffy ended.

I hope they do make another movie but there are some things I don't want to see. I don't want to see a prequel or a stand alone movie. That would be completely pointless to me. If they are going to make another movie they need to start the collinization of the alliens and start the war. I want some resolution, not more pointless BS. I did love the show, was just disappointed with the way it ended.
3. Smallville
Old 05-28-2003, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I always liked X-files, but I was one of few that like the series finale, to me it did what Carter said it would, answers question that we knew already, and keep other question unknown so they could produce a movie. I hate to disagree but in my opinion Buffy lies on the same game play as X-files, since Buffy left unanswered question, and ended very badly, that is my opinion. I hope the next moive is a contiuntion of the series finale, but whatever comes out I'll be happy with, since it is still X-files, and as long as DD and GA are in it, then I'm happy.

Bones R Us
Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Simprano:
<STRONG>I always liked X-files, but I was one of few that like the series finale, to me it did what Carter said it would, answers question that we knew already, and keep other question unknown so they could produce a movie. I hate to disagree but in my opinion Buffy lies on the same game play as X-files, since Buffy left unanswered question, and ended very badly, that is my opinion. I hope the next moive is a contiuntion of the series finale, but whatever comes out I'll be happy with, since it is still X-files, and as long as DD and GA are in it, then I'm happy.</STRONG>
How do you think Buffy ended badly? Sure there are unanswered questions (ie, what happened to them, where did they go, etc.) but it was a great resolution to end the show. If they want to do spin-offs, a possible movie they can. The X-Files did the same thing in the series fanalie, but the last 2 seasons of the show really did nothing for me (even though there were some really good episodes). I watched the show from the pilot episode and loved it, but was very unhappy with the last 2 sesons. Just because I felt nothing was accomplished. The series fanalie did a good job of what you said, but not nearly good enough for how great the show was in seasons 1-7. That show deserved more then that.
3. Smallville
Old 05-28-2003, 10:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I wasn't saying that your opinion was wrong. I personally think both Buffy and X-files had great endings, I also didn't hate the last two season of X-files for the reason that it added new characters, which was good. Both were great, I just personally thought X-files was better, but that because X-files is my favorite show, then Buffy, anyhow I didn't like what they did to Spike.

Bones R Us
Old 05-29-2003, 11:08 AM
New Fan

I didn't hate the last 2 seasons of the x-files, just was disappointed with it. I felt they even could have kept going with the new characters they introduced, but needed to include the mythology of the show more into it to keep it going. It was sorta like ER, they got rid of most of the cast and got back to doing medicine. Its now good again. That's where I was really disappointed with the x-files, I felt they opened so many doors they didn't explore and uncover most of they needed to by the end of the show. Hopefully they will with the new x-files movie if they ever make it. I'm hoping thats what they'll do.
3. Smallville
Old 05-29-2003, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jazz:
<STRONG>Oh gosh, I miss the X-Files. Darn the DVD sets for being so expensive here!

I love the idea of a movie but since nothing has been set in stone, I'm not holding my breath. However, I do think it's a good idea. If Star Trek can do it, I think X-Files could. Besides, we shippers were robbed of a love scene. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
So true about the love scene! The big question is: how did they hook up together in the first place? I mean, some say it happened at the end of All Things, others say it was during Requiem. You're right: we, shippers, were robbed of the one moment we had been waiting for to scream: "Hot damn! They finally did it!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Have you guys seen this:

X-Files 2 In The Works?

Dark Horizons reported a rumor that a second X-Files movie might start by the end of the year. The site based its report on comments made by Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) on the British talk show Parkinson.

Anderson reportedly told the show that she and David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) have signed on, as have Robert Patrick (John Doggett) and Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes). She added that the film might be a prequel set before the events of the TV series.

The cast will also include Brian Thompson as the alien bounty hunter and Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner, the site reported.

I've found it here: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-r...7/10.00.rumors
Old 06-02-2003, 11:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by will_witch:
<STRONG>Have you guys seen this:

X-Files 2 In The Works?

Dark Horizons reported a rumor that a second X-Files movie might start by the end of the year. The site based its report on comments made by Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully) on the British talk show Parkinson.

Anderson reportedly told the show that she and David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) have signed on, as have Robert Patrick (John Doggett) and Annabeth Gish (Monica Reyes). She added that the film might be a prequel set before the events of the TV series.

The cast will also include Brian Thompson as the alien bounty hunter and Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner, the site reported.

I've found it here: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-r...7/10.00.rumors</STRONG>
Thanks for the link. Sounds pretty good to me, though I still don't like the idea of the prequel. Depends on how its done I guess, but I want stuff to advance, no go backwards.
3. Smallville
Old 06-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

ooo ooo ooo [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Thank you for sharing that information!
Old 06-05-2003, 04:19 PM
Jei
Obsessed Fan

Well that's kinda cool that they'd do something pre show. However, even though our cast still looks great, I'm not sure they all could pass for their pre-show selves. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Either way, I can't wait for them to hurry up and make the darn thing!
Sayin' Ah tol' ya so is beneath mah dignity, so instead, ah'll just say... nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah." - Rogue (Gambit #5)