Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

I definitely agree that it should have ended after S7. It seemed like everything got too disjointed in the last two seasons, like they were trying to make everything fit together, and everything had to tie in with mythology or have some kind of double meaning, and it got a little ridiculous.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I thought it would be good to bump this back up. I got the urge after trying to watch "The Truth" the other night. It reminded me again of how badly the show had deteriated in the final two seasons. The show deserved a better farewell than it got.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

There was some good and bad brought on by those two last seasons.

The addition of Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish were very good ideas, so was the Mulder abduction storyline to cover for the partial loss of DD.

However, there were a few problems: the way 1013 handled and resolved the Mulder storyline, the way they wrote Monica Reyes' character, the MOTW that were just too 'out there' and two-dimensional to be memorable and scary, Scully crying too much, the Super Soldiers , killing Krycek, killing TLG, putting William for adoption, etc.

Yep, I'll get back to you when I finish watching the series.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Total Fan

I watch the X-Files now......all the re-runs on TNT and SCi-FI. I didn't really watch the show very often before that. I lost track of it. When did the show end and how many seasons were there? My biggest question is......how did the show end?? I've been wondering for such a long time.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oookay, the show went on for nine seasons and ended in May 2002 (same year I graduated high school, the end of an era for me). The show ended with Mulder being on trial for the murder of an agent (who was in fact an alien replica called a "Super Soldier" )in an underground governement facility. The trial was an excuse for CC to summarise the mythology in a neat package. And then after the trial at the end of which Mulder was of course found guilty, Mulder escapes from prison with the help of Scully, Skinner, Doggett, etc., even Kersh! Mulder and Scully then go to Roswell, New Mexico, to find Mulder's informant who sent him to the governement facility to find the truth. Who is the informant? CSM who was supposedly dead after the season 7 finale. And what is this supposed truth that Mulder has been searching for throughout all the series? That the final alien invasion is set to December 22th, 2012. So, in the end, Mulder and Scully are on the run as fugitives, this time we make sure that CSM is dead by launching missiles at his refuge in the NM pueblos and we don't know the fate of Skinner, Doggett, Reyes & Gibson Praise back at the FBI. Voila. Now does that finale make any sense? That's what I'll have to figure out when I finish rewatching the entires series on DVD from the beginning to the end.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel
Oookay, the show went on for nine seasons and ended in May 2002 (same year I graduated high school, the end of an era for me). The show ended with Mulder being on trial for the murder of an agent (who was in fact an alien replica called a "Super Soldier" )in an underground governement facility. The trial was an excuse for CC to summarise the mythology in a neat package. And then after the trial at the end of which Mulder was of course found guilty, Mulder escapes from prison with the help of Scully, Skinner, Doggett, etc., even Kersh! Mulder and Scully then go to Roswell, New Mexico, to find Mulder's informant who sent him to the governement facility to find the truth. Who is the informant? CSM who was supposedly dead after the season 7 finale. And what is this supposed truth that Mulder has been searching for throughout all the series? That the final alien invasion is set to December 22th, 2012. So, in the end, Mulder and Scully are on the run as fugitives, this time we make sure that CSM is dead by launching missiles at his refuge in the NM pueblos and we don't know the fate of Skinner, Doggett, Reyes & Gibson Praise back at the FBI. Voila. Now does that finale make any sense? That's what I'll have to figure out when I finish rewatching the entires series on DVD from the beginning to the end.

Wow.......thanks so much for the response. I had no clue that there were 9 seasons of that show. Amazing really. Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do. Most of the episodes I have been watching are from like 1999 and 2000. I have only seen a couple episodes with Agent Doggett. The finale, from what you wrote, makes no sense to me. Guess I just need to watch the last few seasons.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

The finale actually has very little to do with the last few seasons. All you really need to know going into the finale is that Mulder has been living on the run away from Scully since after the birth of William. Scully gave William up for adoption a couple episodes before because she felt she couldn't keep him safe. Other than that, CC spoon feeds all the mythology to you and leaves big questions and logic holes like only he can.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jenn-
The finale actually has very little to do with the last few seasons. All you really need to know going into the finale is that Mulder has been living on the run away from Scully since after the birth of William. Scully gave William up for adoption a couple episodes before because she felt she couldn't keep him safe. Other than that, CC spoon feeds all the mythology to you and leaves big questions and logic holes like only he can.

Oh okay. I've actually seen the episode where Scully gives birth but never saw anything after that. I had no idea she even gave it up for adoption. Thanks for the info! Oh.......which season was that??
Old 04-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

season 9
Old 03-23-2008, 08:02 AM
Elite Fan

I want to believe that Diana Fowley didn't happen
Old 06-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

^
I want to believe that Mulder's brain cancer didn't happen. Good that if you just ignore 2 episodes it really didn't. Oh and also the supersoldiers, they made the show seem like cliche bad scifi tv.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

Love this thread

I want to believe that... Diana didn't appear (though it was fun but sad to watch Scully question her relationship to Mulder) and that Mulder didn't disappear in season 9.

And the super soldiers!! Yeah, totally agree on that one. Bad, bad bad.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I had never seen this thread before Well, honestly, I don't like ranting too much, it makes me feel bitter, and I watch the show for fun But it's interesting to read people's thoughts anyway

I was reading the first post and, even though I haven't seen Closure and the episode before that, it surprised me when people told me what it was about, cause I too thought that his search for what happened to his sister was what kept the going on, so I thought if he found the truth, what was left for the show to tell?

I haven't seen seasons 8 and 9, just clips of it at Erock Studio. I liked what I've seen so far

I actually don't see Scully's crying as an "assassination of the character" as I've seen people describing it. She was just going through a very vulnerable moment. People cry, there's nothing wrong with that, I don't think it's any sign of weakness whatsoever. Strong people are not only the ones who fight the tears, strong people are the ones who are not afraid of letting them flow and showing their real feelings. That's my opinion, at least Besides, Gillian does the crying thing so well, it amazes me every time I see it

Now the adoption thing, yeah, I don't understand it either, because, how would he be safer without her??
Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I got another one, I want to believe that Skinner did not kill Krycek in the worst death scene ever on the show. Lame ending to such a great character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
Love this thread

I want to believe that... Diana didn't appear (though it was fun but sad to watch Scully question her relationship to Mulder) and that Mulder didn't disappear in season 9.

And the super soldiers!! Yeah, totally agree on that one. Bad, bad bad.
Oh, if Mulder hadn't disappeared I would've at least had a reason to watch until the end (well atleast watch more than like 3 episodes that year).
Old 11-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, despite my love for this show, there were some things I want to believe never happened.

- the episodes and seasons that take place in the southern desert and bright sunshine (the move to L.A. Really took some of the moody atmosphere away)
- CSM dying in a firebomb only to come back to life in season 10 which seems illogical!
- Reyes becoming disloyal and going to the dark side
- Mulder disappearing for seasons 8-9
- Scully was a tad more emotional that I was used to for her character in season 9
- the 2nd movie
- The Field Where I Died where Mulder says Scully was destined to be his best friend only in their past and future lives (not soulmates ?)
- Lone Gunman dying
- AD Kersh (wanted to shake him, such a grouchy jerk!)
- that the original series ended with Mulder and Scully not respected and seen as fugitives from the law

Okay, I guess that's all I can think of right now,