Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2003, 01:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

DevotedFanOfMattThanks for explaining that. The Leyla Character also appeared in a season nine episode, I can't remember the name of that one.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, at least there is an explanation for the character. I can't say that I liked the way they made her because, like I said before, the only thing appealing about the character were her lines. I wish they'd gotten someone who was simply made me more interested.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

ITA with what most of you people said about the last seasons of the series. I liked the Mulder disappearance storyline and it was really scary, the torture scenes and all (I had nightmares because of it) but I agree with you that I didn't like the character assassination of Scully and the Mulder's dying of a neurological disease and didn't bother to tell anyone crap surrounding it.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also hate, wait- hate what they did with Scully in the final 2 years. Scully had always been strong. She was the antithesis of Mulder.
Actually,I don't totally agree on that point.I'm getting reruns of S1 and I was surprised to see Scully letting her emotions,about cases,her father's death,etc...drive her.The pilot shows it very well,when she thinks she's got weird marks on her back,and Mulder tells her it's just mosquito bites,she then runs into his arms.Even Mulder is surprised.That's why I don't see her as the antithesis of Mulder,not on that point.

But I'll admit that she cried too much in S9.Not in S8 coz she thought for half of the season Mulder could be dead plus she was carrying their child.Her pregnancy may have affected her on that level.
But(yeah,a lot of "but"...),she had never experienced work,the X-Files without Mulder and since they were "officially" together from the end of S8 up to the day Mulder left,that may have touched her more than we could think considering how strong she was supposed to be.

I don't know,what I'm trying to say is that showing her missing Mulder wasn't really a character assassination but more of a way to show the audience he was not forgotten and that she had "allowed herself" to be in love with him.Does that make any sense...at all?LOL

As for the real topic of this thread...I didn't like the adoption storyline and the Mulder dying and not telling anyone stuff either.Ridiculous.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't much like Scully's excessive crying in S8, but I've been trying to justify it in my mind by saying that she was pregnant and it was just the hormones.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I caught some of the episode Per Manum the other day, and what was going on is this ep. Firstly was this just bad continuation but I've never understoood the elevator scene with Mulder and Scully when Scully tells Mulder she is barren. I'm sure Mulder already new this from the episode Emily. I wish they had included the dates as to when the flashback scenes took place, so we knew what season these scenes were taking place in.

Not to mention how Scully seems to trust everyone without question in this episode [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
There was some nice Scully and Mulder moments in this ep but in the end what was the point of these flashback scenes when in the end the in vitro doesn't take. They just used it to drag on the Who's the daddy? storyline.

Anyway rant over [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ice Queen follower:
<STRONG>The thing I didn't like the most is how they made Scully out to be in the last two seasons, making her give up William, making her think he'd be safe. He could have been safe with her. And it also disalloud Mulder to see his son.
</STRONG>
Yeah, I think that was the biggest mistake in the X-Files history. It was just so stupid. I think he would have been saver with Scully.

Old 03-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess this is a place where I can ask this question. I've been watching the re-runs and I'm a little lost about Mulder missing. Can someone explain how he dissapears and how he gets back? The name of the episodes when he first 'returns' cause I'm really, really lost. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks a lot. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 03-28-2004, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Where is everyone? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 03-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Miranda Leigh:
<STRONG>I guess this is a place where I can ask this question. I've been watching the re-runs and I'm a little lost about Mulder missing. Can someone explain how he dissapears and how he gets back? The name of the episodes when he first 'returns' cause I'm really, really lost. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks a lot. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I'm here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I'll just give you a basic rundown.

The episode where Mulder dissapears is the final episode in season seven called "Reqiuem", basically he is abducted by aliens. The episode
where he returns is entitled "This is not Happening" which is a season eight episode, he is returned dead
[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] and then in the next episode "Deadalive" I don't remember the specifics but it fastforwards three months and they realise he was buried alive.

Ahh I just realised something is that what you wanted to know, or did you want to know when he "dissapears" in season nine?
Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies:
<STRONG> The episode where he returns is entitled "This is not Happening"</STRONG>
Ironically, that was also the title of seasons 8 and 9 [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics:
<STRONG>

Ironically, that was also the title of seasons 8 and 9 [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So true.

I've always loved the name of the season nine premiere episode for similar reasons "Nothing Important Happened Today" that pretty much sums up that episode and the season [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't really like the last 2 seasons. I watched a lot of the s8 eps and I tried to like them and look past the fact that one of the 2 main characters WAS GONE!, but it just didn't work. And I was so happy when he came back and I was so excited to see Mulder an Scully together again, but it never felt the same. Oh well. And I think the only ep I watched from s9 was the finale.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't like the whole thing with the super soldiers. Just those two words put together sound ridiculous. It sounds even worse when you hear the characters on the X-Files say them and somehow manage to keep a straight face. Quite honestly, I think I would sound like a fool if I were trying to describe these beings and I used the phrase "Super Soldiers" to define them. Couldn't they use something a little less embarrassing like "Beings with Supernatural Strength" or anything else the like. I always felt like laughing whenever I heard those two words roll off of their tongues.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was just watching the episode Requiem and the Truth about season seven documentary and was reminded again of how the show should of ended there.
Then we wouldn't of had to of put up with Super Soldiers (I can't say those words with a straight face), the William adoption, weeping Scully and so on and the most important thing being I think we would of already had our second movie and probably would of been on to our third.