prayers for his family. rest in peace don
Old 07-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Supreme Fan

I saw that yesterday. It's so sad

R.I.P.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
That's sad to hear, he really did have an important role on the show and his scene in One Breath is still one of my favorite scenes from the show.
RIP

Yeah he may not have been in many episodes, only Beyond the Sea and One Breath, but they were two excellent episodes both featuring some memorable scenes that he was a part pf

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 07-07-2008, 10:46 AM
New Fan

One of my favorite shows of all time was Twin Peaks. He had some great, memorable scenes, and just an awesome character. He (and that show) will be greatly missed. With his passing, it's just another reason we'll probably never see that show properly concluded.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

So sad, I didn't know he passed.

darylbeth
Old 07-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

Wow Cordy it's been a long, long, long time since I saw you here.

How have you been doing? Going by your sig it seems that congratulations are in order.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM
Elite Fan

Rest In Peace : Kim Manners

Kim Manners who directed a lot of the episodes of X-files and currently was working on Supernatural a few days ago.

Thoughts and prayers with his family

From e-online

Quote:
Kim Manners, the veteran TV producer-director who helmed dozens of episodes of The X-Files and Supermatural, died Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles from lung cancer. He was 59.

Hailing from a showbiz family, Manners first broke into the TV business in the 1970s as a production manager and director on Charlie's Angels. He went on to work on such series as Star Trek: The Next Generation, 21 Jump Street and Baywatch until he got the call for The X-Files.

It was on Chris Carter's hit sci-fi mystery series where Manners made his mark, scoring four Emmy nominations for his work. All told he directed 52 episodes of The X-Files.

"Kim had a blazing intensity that inspired everyone—writers, producers, actors and crew...as long as he'd been a director, he never lost his passion for his work. Every time he got a script, he gave it his all," X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz writes on his blog.

"Kim was an incredible force of life. It is hard for me to believe or accept that he is gone."

After The X-Files ended, Manners helped launch Supernatural in 2005, directing many of its most memorable episodes, including the season finales.

"Everyone at Supernatural is walking around in a daze, shocked and absolutely devastated," Supernatural mastermind Eric Kripke said in a statement. "Kim was a brilliant director; more than that, he was a mentor and friend."
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

From Frank Spotnitz's blog

Big Light: FOR KIM
Quote:
In lieu of flowers, Kim's family requests that donations be made to The American Cancer Society in memory of him (http://www.cancer. org).
Any correspondence for the Manners family may be mailed to:
Holly Ollis
Warner Bros. Television
4000 Warner Blvd.
Bldg 140, Rm 115
Burbank, CA 91522
Some X-Files fans are also collecting donations for the American Cancer Society at this website Inspired By Gillian - kick it in the ass.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

Oh that's a real shame. And he died on my birthday as well.

He directed so many great X-Files episodes - Humbug, War of the Coprophages, Home. Leonard Betts, Dreamland, Monday, Closure etc as well as being involved as a producer with so many other classics. So he really did have a huge impact and influence over how great the show was

Rest in Peace.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Rest in Peace Kim He done some of my favourite episodes. Will be very sorely missed. Thoughts with family and friends.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Only just found out about this. I wasnt even aware he was sick

RIP Kim, you directed some fantastic episodes both on The X-Files and on SPN

You will be missed!

G x
Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 AM
New Fan

William B Davis appearance & lecture in Vancouver!

Hi fellow X-Files fans! The Smoking Man himself, William B Davis will be giving a lecture titled 'Skepticism and The X-Files' and signing books and photos on the 27th of November in Vancouver, BC! The Vancouver branch of the Centre For Inquiry will be hosting him at the Conference Centre of the Vancouver Public Library.

If you're in the lower mainland please try to make it and tell your friends!

Event Webpage
William B Davis Official Website
Old 11-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

How cool. Thanks for letting us know. I wish I could attend.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
How cool. Thanks for letting us know. I wish I could attend.
No problem Even though you you can't attend, I'd really appreciate you helping us spread the word about it! Please post the Facebook event to your profile! Thanks!

Skepticism and The X-Files | Facebook