Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Master Fan

Hm, I wonder how much credibility there is to this article.

'The X-Files' Season 11 News & Update: Confirmed - Filming Begins In 2017, Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny Replaced By Younger Actors? : Trending News : Gamenguide
Old 10-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Loyal Fan

What do you mean exactly, Miros? The first half is pure speculation and the 2nd part is what we know yet. Not more not less.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Did they say Spring of next year? Not summer?

That means as soon as I know they are here, I'll be stalking that farmhouse before and after work every 2 days a week I go there to see if I can catch a glimpse of them filming at that M&S farmhouse in the daytime! But I can't guarantee a spy photo if I do miraculously catch them there!! Its a drive by only type road!!!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

Sandra, I was referring to them being replaced as the leads by younger actors. But I think we all know that TXF is not TXF without Mulder and Scully.

Leanne the pics you once posted... were you driving when you took them?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

No, Miros, there is this narrow little place you can pull over a car. But its really close to the road, where cars would pass you and you cant really get out to leave your car, I took that pic through my car window. And I couldn't zoom in, so if they were filming and I saw them and I got to somehow pull over, any photo I take with my ipad would show probably nothing!!! The house is set so far back!!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

I guess that means you have to carry around a camera in your car then!
Old 10-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, my big clunky DSLR might be put to use again, lol. But the question is, if I did miraculously see they were filming before I go start work, how the heck would I ever get any work done, knowing they were literally down the street and I wasn't watching the whole time, But anyway, I seem to have luck stumbling upon filming shoots around here so fingers are crossed for those 2 days a week I can drive past, hahah.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
there is a very high possibility that the network might shift gears and cast new, younger actors. The young talents will be needed to play the younger David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in case "The X-Files" season 11 will focus on the back story of the lead characters.
Replacing them with younger actors for flashbacks wouldn't exactly work when we all already know what younger Mulder and Scully looked like in their 20's It's going to be impossible to have backstory with younger actors when we saw David and Gillian as Mulder and Scully throughout the 90's pretty much.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Can you imagine an X-Files spin off prequel show called "X-Files: Sr. High" following Mulder and Scully in their late teen years? No thanks,
Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

The article kinds of debunk itself "The speculations that younger actors will be cast to replace David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson is shot down because David Duchovny's upcoming series "Aquarious," has been cancelled. Gillian Anderson's TV series, "The Fall," is also scheduled to end. With the original lead actors having more time on their hands, it looks like "The X-Files" season 11 is going to keep the original Dana and Fox after all.
As of writing, Fox has yet to release the schedule for "The X-Files" season 11 air date. Stay tuned to GamenGuide for more "The X-Files" season 11 news & update! "
Is jut clickbait, IMO. Like said above we already know what they looked like as young investigators so unless the new cast is willing to undergo plastic surgery to look like them is not going to work.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

They just speculated in the beginning of the article and then they corrected it later on. It just doesn't make sense, the relation between Aquarius and a flashback younger version of the agents. If he had continued Aquarius they wouldn't be able to beginn in spring. That's all. It's not a good article, no facts, just speculations or copy.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

maybe it'll be answered one day!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Happy Birthday, Chris Carter!!
if he wasn't born we wouldn't have Mulder, Scully or the X-Files!
(and none of us would be here gabbing about it for 16 years!)

E.T.A. it's also creepy "Phyllis Paddock's" birthday too from "Die Hand Die Verletzt"

Last edited by reason to believe; 10-13-2016 at 05:55 PM
Old 10-21-2016, 03:45 AM
Elite Fan

I read on twitter that negotiations are going well, and FOX are hoping for ten episodes
Old 10-21-2016, 03:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Wonderful news!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread