Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

But Audio?!?
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't know if I'll listen tbh, audio books and adaptions just aren't my thing, but at least it shows that there's still interest in doing something with the show I guess
Old 04-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, I think its pretty cool! It sounds like how they used to do old time radio shows in the 30's and 40's. So it will be stories with DD and GA speaking their own character's parts?

I listen to audio books on my commute so it sounds kind of fun to me, but the only problem is its on some "Audible" service, I don't think I get or want to pay for, I'm in Canada, so sometimes those things aren't available outside the USA.

But that sounds like a fun alternative while we are waiting for the actual TV series to get started!

I'm glad DD and GA are still willing to return to their characters like this after all this time since the series ended!!
Old 04-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

This must mean that S11 won't happen for a while....they probably fill the void until then.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
This must mean that S11 won't happen for a while....they probably fill the void until then.
That is my guess they are still negotiating and want to have something for the fans meanwhile. I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement with Fox news about the new date this week.

Now I do wounder if GA signed for this right away since she did said that she thought season 11 was not going to happen maybe she though that is why they wanted to try audiobooks?

Now odd question do we want an animated X-Files series? That could be another way to have the characters come back with less budget money and maybe get some resolutions. Is not unheard of.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromedastargazer (View Post)
Now odd question do we want an animated X-Files series? That could be another way to have the characters come back with less budget money and maybe get some resolutions. Is not unheard of.
Interesting! I'd say yes. But only if S11 is going to happen....don't care when.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for posting that
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't mind an animated series of X-Files, but it's hard to think it would be as "scary" as the actual epsiodes were. The closest thing to animated X-Files so far was a video game where DD and GA did their voices for M&S. And you can watch play-throughs on YouTube of that game.

I like this, I didn't realize it was the entire cast ensemble doing the audio book series. That's like actual X-Files almost without the visual component. Wonder how far along this project is? When is the release dates I wonder?

I still want episodes though... taking long to arrange!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
I wouldn't mind an animated series of X-Files, but it's hard to think it would be as "scary" as the actual epsiodes were. The closest thing to animated X-Files so far was a video game where DD and GA did their voices for M&S. And you can watch play-throughs on YouTube of that game.

I like this, I didn't realize it was the entire cast ensemble doing the audio book series. That's like actual X-Files almost without the visual component. Wonder how far along this project is? When is the release dates I wonder?

I think with the right animation it can work. Batman and Superman had episodes that were scary and the animated movies can also convey a lot.

I also want episodes I hope this is just because GA couldn't accommodate flashbacks for the new series and this is a way for them to focus on the fill in the blanks in the radio and do the TV series only in the present. Hope I'm right
Old 04-11-2017, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Not sure I'm loving it.....having a grumpy day I guess.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^

Well, maybe cause it feels like it's going to take longer to have a tv season 11 made, if they are making these?
Old 04-12-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
When is the release dates I wonder?

They're out in July apparently. And I shouldn't think they will affect season 11 that much, from what I understand audio is very quick and easy for the actors to do, they basically can record it all in one afternoon? Of course they could definely be a sign that the tv series will take longer to put together than they hoped for, and so the audio episodes are there to fill in for it in the meantime?
Old 04-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
They're out in July apparently. And I shouldn't think they will affect season 11 that much, from what I understand audio is very quick and easy for the actors to do, they basically can record it all in one afternoon? Of course they could definely be a sign that the tv series will take longer to put together than they hoped for, and so the audio episodes are there to fill in for it in the meantime?
Record in one afternoon?! That would be crazy. Well, I have really no idea how long it takes to do that, but they have a script, like a movie, and must act together with their voices. For me it sounds more complicated. I think they will deal with the events that lead to their break up. And I read several times now that it won't replace a S11. I think that it will take a bit longer to produce that season and so they keep the label XFiles alive with the audio production. They don't want to loose audience during the wait and they want to keep the sucess.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well maybe that was a slight exaggeration, it probably takes longer than one afternoon But I don't think that it's like a script read through where they all act it out together, usually everyone records their lines separately don't they? That shouldn't take the actors all that long to do I wouldn't think, especially in comparison to making an episode of the show