Old 05-23-2019, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:06 PM
Elite Fan

There was a more NSFW one but I can’t find it
Old 05-24-2019, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I know certain one like that! So against type, I was shocked when I saw it when that magazine cover came out
Old 05-25-2019, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
There was a more NSFW one but I can’t find it
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/when-m...s-to-outlander This article has a picture of that cover

Quote:
The first time Mulder and Scully hooked up, it wasn’t in an episode of The X-Files. Instead, Rolling Stone magazine has the honor of depicting the first time they fell into bed together.

Picture it: 1996. The X-Files is one of the buzziest TV shows on air and the third season is almost over. Part of the appeal was the mix of monster-of-the-week stories and episodes devoted to the overarching alien conspiracy, which combined horror elements with a paranoid thriller. It was a show that could be scary, thoughtful, and even hilarious at times, but rarely was it romantic. The other decisive factor was the central relationship, which crackled with the kind of intensity that can't be manufactured.

Romance was never on showrunner Chris Carter’s agenda, but there was no denying the burning chemistry between the leads. This 1996 profile gave viewers the fantasy some had been craving without having to commit to this storyline. Mulder and Scully’s “profoundly sexy yet chaste partnership” was preserved, but they could also frolic naked in bed on the cover of one of the biggest magazines in the U.S.

David Duchovny stared directly into the reader's eyes with a knowing look, as a naked Gillian Anderson appeared to slumber on his shoulder. One shot put a smoking Anderson in a dominating position, gazing at the camera as her co-star nuzzled on one side with Carter on the other. Another captured the pair laughing because Duchovny’s dog Blue jumped on the bed. This latter shot is super steamy and incredibly natural, fueling those IRL romance rumors while also allowing fans to indulge in shipping fantasies.

Quote:
This is also the interview in which Carter said he was “adamant about not putting them in a romantic situation,” while also admitting to lurking in chat rooms:

“Do chat types want romance between Mulder and Scully? They do and they don’t. They want elements of it without them jumping into the sack. There are these 'relationshipers' [sic] who kind of dominate the online chats. I’m a little dismayed because I don’t want to do a show about fuzzy warm Mulder and Scully. Never.”

Welcome to the birth of the now ubiquitous word “shipping,” and I’m amazed he thinks people didn’t want them to bang — or that them getting together would’ve made the show “fuzzy warm.” Enter Rolling Stone, who not only gave fans a shot of Mulder and Scully in bed but made sure it was nothing like that cutesy description.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that article description of the photos! They really did fuel that fantasy fire!

The threesome with Chris Carter was kinda weird though
Old 05-27-2019, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I wonder whose idea that was
Old 05-27-2019, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

*cough*Gillan?*cough*
Old 05-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe I could see David suggesting it too though, they both have a great sense of humour
Old 05-27-2019, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. They also acted like Mulder and Scully too. Once when they were both at the red carpet for the Emmy’s, they were getting interviewed by Joan Rivers who called Gillan another name and got their season number wrong and after that they both sort of clammed up during her interview, with barely one word answers like how Mulder and Scully would talk and not accept nonsense like that.

ETA: found the clip Gillian clearly doesn’t like Joan and Joan tells DD he looks great, he looks like a person () I love how GA doesn’t hide her contempt

Last edited by reason to believe; 05-27-2019 at 08:43 PM
Old 05-28-2019, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

Wow that’s awkward

I wonder if it’s over poltical BS
Old 05-28-2019, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is weird, Gillian seems really cold and giving pointedly short answers from the beginning. It seems like she was upset at being called Marian Anderson lol, she does seem to respond to that when she says that *I think* I’m up for best actress, that could be her way of saying that Joan should really know this stuff before she’s interviewing the nominees?

Joan does come off as quite unprepared and lame as an interviewer, it was rude to not get Gillian’s name correct when she was was one of the nominees, maybe Gillian was unimpressed because she was getting the vibe that Joan didn’t really respect sci-fi being up for awards?

at Joan telling David that you look great, you look like a person