Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Awwww...the pizzaboy of our hearts.
Haha...Mulder REALLY likes that guy!

Old 06-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that screen capture is full of win! I never noticed that when I watched the scene. Officially love that!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I knew you would love that! Mulder isn't a guy who can hide feelings easily. You can always see it in his face.
Would also be a good topic for a future elimination game: Jealousy. There are more scenes in the series you might think of. Thousands only in the 1st episode of S10.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jealousy would be a good idea for a survivor, lol. It's funny how even when there was no reason to act jealous in the 1st season, somehow they still did. I'd love to hear them try to explain it! I guess there is such a thing as protective jealousy?
Old 06-21-2016, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
Don’t remind me.

Is this a M/S moment or a GA/DD moment?

Just occurred to me, was that an accident or did she do that on purpose to him?
Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

You mean the nose thing? That wasn't an accident, she wanted to play with him.
At the end of S8 you can really feel and see the ineptitude of Mulder in showing Scully that he wants to be with her. He acts quite shy in this, like the pizzaboy joke, for he still doesn't know which role Scully wants for him in her life. Of course he is the father of the child, but he still doesn't know how much she wants him to take part. For Scully it's a clear thing but they don't communicate in the right way till William is born. They are playing instead...although sweet to see.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still wonder why at that point they couldn't make themselves clear about what they truly wanted from the other. I can't imagine still being like that after 8 years of what they went through together and not be clear by then, especially with the child.

Mulder was freshly traumatized though during that time. He probably didn't know what to think about anything. When Scully was traumatized they weren't that close together for the relationship to be a big issue.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
I still wonder why at that point they couldn't make themselves clear about what they truly wanted from the other. I can't imagine still being like that after 8 years of what they went through together and not be clear by then, especially with the child.

Mulder was freshly traumatized though during that time. He probably didn't know what to think about anything. When Scully was traumatized they weren't that close together for the relationship to be a big issue.
IMO Scully missed to communicate in a right way. Mulder’s view: He had sex with her (at least once), after that nobody did a further step. Scully asked him to be the sperm donor for her child. She didn’t defined their relationship, she just asked him for a sperm donor. Mulder died and woke up months later. No X Files anymore, Scully pregnant, too many secrets and unknown confusing developments. He can’t find his place…He wants to be with Scully, he gives little hints (pizzaboy joke) etc. but she doesn’t react clearly. I can totally understand why he didn’t do the first step. He doesn’t know what she wants: Does she want him to act concerning the baby as a father or is he just a sperm donor? Does she want him to be part of the family or just a friend as he was before? He knows that Scully must do the first step, because she has to choose the life at his side out of a free will. She must decide for it will be a hard and dangerous life, he would never persuade her to do so.
And Scully is afraid of this life although she will bear it for Mulder…

She was in the same position as she is now again. Does she want this life although it means more suffering? Does she want him, not only as partner but also as a lover? Of course she does
Old 06-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

I don’t remember the pizza guy! Definitely looking forward to it though!

A jealousy survivor would be awesome! Love that idea!
Old 06-23-2016, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dana Scully is more complicated than she wants to believe she is, lol
Old 06-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Dana Scully is more complicated than she wants to believe she is, lol
Oh yes she is! And that's exactly what Mulder fascinates about her.
Quote "Theef": You always keep me guessing."

She is his most difficult X File...and he will propably never solve it. But he keeps trying
Old 06-24-2016, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like there's a metaphor for women in general in there somewhere but I can't quite find it.

(A play off one of my fave Mulder quotes about Michael Jackson.)
Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Oh yes she is! And that's exactly what Mulder fascinates about her.
Quote "Theef": You always keep me guessing."

She is his most difficult X File...and he will propably never solve it. But he keeps trying
Love this, Sandra!
Old 06-25-2016, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my favorite M&S compilations. It's not a shippy kind, but the best example of their amusing banter between each other and is exactly why I watched it as a teen and still enjoy it now!

Mulderisms & Scullyisms

https://youtu.be/T0sVps-bRsA
Old 06-26-2016, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link