Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 02:55 PM
New Fan

Anyway. S2. This is the season when they dared to dream and started to really build the mythology. The scene where Skinner asks CSM 'do you believe them? ' to which he utters 'Course I do. ' ICONIC!!!!!!

Hang on was that s1?
Andy Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Space Traveler

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Hmmm, can’t remember that scene.

Season 2 was great. Although I didn’t enjoy the interlude when Scully was abducted.

My favorite episode is Irresistible, although it’s so creepy in a realistic way, I hardly watch it. Donny Pfaster was such a creep and since I worked in prison with guys like him, it’s even more creepy to me now! I loved how Scully fought him to escape, including hiding in the closet and spraying him with a chemical! And that first hug between Mulder and Scully

Also Humbug, the first Darrin Morgan episode and the X-Files was funnier than the usual!

Many good episodes!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 AM
New Fan

I'll look it up. I think it was csm's first line in the series
Old 05-28-2018, 12:51 PM
New Fan

It was s1 right at the end of tooms
Old 05-31-2018, 12:31 AM
New Fan

Humbug shouldn't be an x file because its too silly but in another way its more x file than any other ep. Again goes with the 'no fear' attitude. Watching it again after 20 years really shows how its stood the test of time. Great comedy moments but relevant and thats the key. The funeral scene made me lol. The monster gets eaten by a man. End of review........nuff said
Old 06-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Space Traveler

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I remember when it first aired, watching it with my brothers and we were all laughing but also confused cause we never laughed much before in an X-Files so it was strange.

Mulder and Scully getting caught exhuming a potato and trying to explain why
Old 06-02-2018, 09:02 AM
New Fan

That said, its so sharp and edgy, it wouldn't have been made in s1, they wouldn't have had the guts
Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Space Traveler

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I didn’t really like Mulder’s hair in the latter half of season two, it was too closed shaved and spiky at the top.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:15 PM
New Fan

Blood

'That's why we like you Mulder......'

Good clever storyline. Scully hardly used in the field now. You see pregnant actresses in soap operas all the time these days and they cover the bump, different camera angles, etc but it wasn't as common in these times. They dealt with it well but looking back it looks a little obvious. Good job the material is so good. Not sure what else they could have done to be fair..

This is the one where people see the words on the screen to make them kill. A very good idea and one copied since but a first at this point. Some good, original deaths as well.

You do feel sorry for the main killer but he is a little slimy so not too much.

Good ep
8/10
Old 06-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Space Traveler

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Confession: I haven't seen "Blood" since it first aired in 1994 (or '95) I was bored cause it didn't have Scully in it and I prefer both of them in any episodes that work for me!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM
New Fan

Sleepless

Repeated a number of times on BBC i seem to remember when at the height of popularity in the UK. Clever plot, good teaser with the Doctor dying in the hotel room when he imagines a fire in the room. Some powerful shocking imagery in some cases, X Files liked to remind us of Vietnam occasionally. The villain gets the sympathy vote and you even feel sorry for the man killed by firing squad. Scully winding right down now and Krycek makes his debut in the show. He could turn out to be a trusted friend......
Classic Mulder telling him literally nothing, kind of how he treated Scully for half an episode until i suppose she paased the test which Alex failed. Mr X basically knows everything and just needs Mulder to find out the solution for himself and uses Mulder to do his dirty work, he only gets involved if its for his benefit.
I really think they should have left the revelation of Krycek being in CSM's employ until at least the next episode, he is basically introduced but then betrays Mulder by the end. It could have been anyone else who made him come to the conclusion that Scully is becoming a problem that needed sorting.
So of course, they sorted it. Every problem.......
8/10
Old 06-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Space Traveler

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Yeah, that was quite an opening with the “fire that technically wasn’t”!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about Krycek, it could have been a fun little plot arc if the show had spend a couple of episodes on Mulder and Krycek bonding, only to then reveal that Krycek was really working with CSM, instead they basically told the audience that he was a bad guy right away