Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anyway. S2. This is the season when they dared to dream and started to really build the mythology. The scene where Skinner asks CSM 'do you believe them? ' to which he utters 'Course I do. ' ICONIC!!!!!!

Hang on was that s1?
Old 05-27-2018, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm, can’t remember that scene.

Season 2 was great. Although I didn’t enjoy the interlude when Scully was abducted.

My favorite episode is Irresistible, although it’s so creepy in a realistic way, I hardly watch it. Donny Pfaster was such a creep and since I worked in prison with guys like him, it’s even more creepy to me now! I loved how Scully fought him to escape, including hiding in the closet and spraying him with a chemical! And that first hug between Mulder and Scully

Also Humbug, the first Darrin Morgan episode and the X-Files was funnier than the usual!

Many good episodes!
Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'll look it up. I think it was csm's first line in the series
Old 05-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

It was s1 right at the end of tooms
Old 05-31-2018, 12:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Humbug shouldn't be an x file because its too silly but in another way its more x file than any other ep. Again goes with the 'no fear' attitude. Watching it again after 20 years really shows how its stood the test of time. Great comedy moments but relevant and thats the key. The funeral scene made me lol. The monster gets eaten by a man. End of review........nuff said
Old 06-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember when it first aired, watching it with my brothers and we were all laughing but also confused cause we never laughed much before in an X-Files so it was strange.

Mulder and Scully getting caught exhuming a potato and trying to explain why
Old 06-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

That said, its so sharp and edgy, it wouldn't have been made in s1, they wouldn't have had the guts
Old 06-06-2018, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t really like Mulder’s hair in the latter half of season two, it was too closed shaved and spiky at the top.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Blood

'That's why we like you Mulder......'

Good clever storyline. Scully hardly used in the field now. You see pregnant actresses in soap operas all the time these days and they cover the bump, different camera angles, etc but it wasn't as common in these times. They dealt with it well but looking back it looks a little obvious. Good job the material is so good. Not sure what else they could have done to be fair..

This is the one where people see the words on the screen to make them kill. A very good idea and one copied since but a first at this point. Some good, original deaths as well.

You do feel sorry for the main killer but he is a little slimy so not too much.

Good ep
8/10
Old 06-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Confession: I haven't seen "Blood" since it first aired in 1994 (or '95) I was bored cause it didn't have Scully in it and I prefer both of them in any episodes that work for me!
Old 06-11-2018, 02:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sleepless

Repeated a number of times on BBC i seem to remember when at the height of popularity in the UK. Clever plot, good teaser with the Doctor dying in the hotel room when he imagines a fire in the room. Some powerful shocking imagery in some cases, X Files liked to remind us of Vietnam occasionally. The villain gets the sympathy vote and you even feel sorry for the man killed by firing squad. Scully winding right down now and Krycek makes his debut in the show. He could turn out to be a trusted friend......
Classic Mulder telling him literally nothing, kind of how he treated Scully for half an episode until i suppose she paased the test which Alex failed. Mr X basically knows everything and just needs Mulder to find out the solution for himself and uses Mulder to do his dirty work, he only gets involved if its for his benefit.
I really think they should have left the revelation of Krycek being in CSM's employ until at least the next episode, he is basically introduced but then betrays Mulder by the end. It could have been anyone else who made him come to the conclusion that Scully is becoming a problem that needed sorting.
So of course, they sorted it. Every problem.......
8/10
Old 06-13-2018, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that was quite an opening with the “fire that technically wasn’t”!
Old 06-14-2018, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about Krycek, it could have been a fun little plot arc if the show had spend a couple of episodes on Mulder and Krycek bonding, only to then reveal that Krycek was really working with CSM, instead they basically told the audience that he was a bad guy right away
Old 06-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Duane Barry / Ascension
Summary : CSM spots a flawless opportunity to get rid of Scully by using a multiple abductee to hold Mulder hostage, be caught, escape and find Scully's house and take her to the top of a mountain to be abducted.

The Spooky Crusader
This is the scenario Fox has been waiting for. Its almost as though he's done all his FBI training for this moment and it seems all set up for him to be abducted, but unfortunately he wasn't pregnant. We see his hostage situation slills again in later episodes and he really pulls out all the stops to show Duane he believes him, which totally throws DB making him the ideal person to take on the case, unfortunately Krycek is there to stay one step behind him to make sure he fails and may ultimately get the blame. DD did all his own stunts on the cable car, these scenes still stand up today and are truly gripping.

The World's Worst Debunker
Dayna looks like she's going to get off scot-free with everything going. I think she would have if she hadn't looked out of the window. I had to recheck this. He finds her house because Mulder gives her the implant from DB and she puts it through a bar code. It was still all set up to be Mulder bring abducted but i dont really see how CGB could have left all this to chance.

Overall
I think this was the first 2 parter correct me if I'm wrong. The story deserves its own movie with a bit more Scully involvement. Skinner is starting to become more relevant and an ally. One of Krycek's best stories as he really shows how cold his decisions are especially when he kills the cable car operator. Very funny when he is asked to make coffee. Great use of Nick Cave's Red Right Hand 20 years before Peaky Blinders. Best line "who took her? " THEM!!!!!!" very descriptive Duane.....
Can't blame him though. Could he not have lived for another story? Not with Alex on the scene.

S2 is still churning out the reason for the series being a success at this stage and this story totally defines The X Files and if you show this to someone who has not watched the series I'd be surprised if they never watch it again.

10/10 its that good I'm sure I've missed something.

I did forget.......any episode with Mr X adds to it. He survived for 2 complete seasons and it was a shame when he was killed off.

Last edited by X Fool; 06-21-2018 at 09:32 AM Reason: Forgot something
Old 06-25-2018, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 2 was quite exciting as a first time watcher! I liked wondering what the heck the implant on Scully's neck was supposed to be about!