Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

heres some quotes I found from Aubrey

Quote:
Mulder: Well that's a pretty extreme hunch.
Scully: I seem to recall you having some pretty extreme hunches.
Mulder: I never have!
Mulder: Well, I'd like to know why this policewoman would suddenly drive her car into a field the size of Rhode Island and for no rhyme or reason dig up the bones of a man who's been missing for fifty years. I mean, unless there was a neon sign saying "Dig Here" --
Scully: I guess that's why we're going to Aubrey.
Mulder: Yes, and also I've always been intrigued by women named B.J.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Did anyone else like Firewalker ? It kinda reminded me of season 1's Ice . And plus, I recently discovered that Bradley Whitford guest starred in that.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel
Did anyone else like Firewalker ? It kinda reminded me of season 1's Ice . And plus, I recently discovered that Bradley Whitford guest starred in that.
Yeah..thats the one with the volcano right? and a life form kills off the scientists to prevent being found.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, and do you watch The West Wing? If so, then, you'll understand my swooning over Bradley Whitford.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, and do you watch The West Wing? If so, then, you'll understand my swooning over Bradley Whitford.
I watched a few episodes of it....but I understand your swooning.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

I have always been a big fan of the second season. My favourite episodes of season 2 would have to be Little Green Men, The Host, the Duane Barry/ Scully abduction story, Red Museum, Aubrey, Die Hand die Verletzt, Colony and End Game, Dod Kalm, Humbug, Our Town (very creepy episode). Just about every single episode then

I'd say my least favourite episode would have to be Irresistible, not because of it's quality so much but Donny Pfaster just really freaked me out

For me it was also great to have Krycek introduced in the second season. He is the only character to beat out Angel's Lindsey McDonald as my favourite villain I love to hate.

I'll always have a soft spot for Little Green Men as that was the first bit of an X-Files episode I ever saw though quite understandably I had no idea what was going on and would not bother too much with it for another couple of years
Old 04-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would say Irresistible was one of my favourite episodes of the entire show but I totally understand how Donnie Phaster could creep you out. Totally understand he has the same effect on me.

Krychek is also a character I love to hate, he was a great addition to the show.

re Firewalker I think the episode is pretty good but I find the makeup/special effects really bad. The spores or whatever that shoot OUT of their throats looked to comical for my liking.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

I understand if your mind was in the gutter whenever you looked at the spores coming out of people's throats... I couldn't help thinking the same thing too...

Another ep from this season in which I thought the make-up looked cheesy was 'Dod Kalm'.

I mean, look at this for God's sake! But that's part of my fond memories of the series.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

yes I find that episode hard to watch because of how bad the makeup is but you're right it's fun to watch at the same time.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

You know what I also realised watching the movie yesterday? That the guy who plays the sheriff in 'Our Town', plays the chief fireman at the beginning of Fight the Future. I just realised this yesterday, even though it's the xth time I've watched the movie.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

The make-up was very bad. But I definately enjoyed watching it.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You know what I also realised watching the movie yesterday? That the guy who plays the sheriff in 'Our Town', plays the chief fireman at the beginning of Fight the Future. I just realised this yesterday, even though it's the xth time I've watched the movie.
I think there are quite a few times where this is repeated with a number of actors. I know the actress that play's Penny Northern in Memento Mori was in a season two episode as another character also the guy that plays Darius Michaud sp? in the movie is in Aubrey in season 2 then in season nine episode trust no 1.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, and I've taken note of some of those characters that have twin brothers or sisters in other episodes.

Oh, and that guy who plays Darius Michaud in the movie, a detective in Aubrey and a weird perv in Trustno1 is the excellent Terry O'Quinn who plays Locke in the series Lost.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies
I think season two was the season where the show really started to test the waters in relation to how many different directions they could take the show.

My favourite episodes of the season would have to be the Duane Barry, Ascension, One Breath three parter.

Other episodes that really stand out are "Irresistible" - Donnie Pfaster is nightmare worthy, the End Game/ Colony double with Scully on the phone with Mulder and then opening the door to Mulder, The Host and Darin Morgans first episode Humbug.
ITA I think that season 1 was like a presentation of the characters and what the show could do. In season 2, everything really started.

I reaaly like Duane Barry, Ascension and One breath too. Not only because I'm a huge shipper (I have no life, I have to keep my self busy ), but because it really was about the characters of the show. Their relation ship, the impact on the work and the search for the truth. That way their work become really personnal, it's not just a job.

I really like irresistible too; it 's a really creepy and scary episode. Donnie Pfaster us really scary, the actor is brillant.

I would hate to miss another boat
Old 06-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

I also think that, in the first three seasons, but especially in the second season, the X-Files covered a lot of diverse subjects in the paranormal area and the episodes were fascinating to watch just for their stories too.