Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhh... Season 6 was always my favorite... just seeing all these pics and reading the quotes

Thanks so much for posting this!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

The S6 picspam. Now I feel like wasting the day marathoning the season .
Old 10-16-2009, 06:16 PM
New Fan

Season 6 is a definite favourite. Very strong season; most seasons have at least 3 or 4 episodes I skip on rewatching, but I don't think 6 has any (Milagro is a little weak, but not unwatchably so). Really great season, with some fantastic episodes (Drive, Arcadia, Monday, Field Trip etc).
Old 10-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I'm curious, in what sense do you think Milagro is a little weak?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:33 AM
New Fan

I just find it a bit slow, that's all.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Ahh, I see. I can understand that, though I think the writing makes up for it.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just saw this really short summary of "The Ghosts that Stole Christmas" and it kind of shows how bizarre the X-Files is, really.

Quote:
Abandon your plans for Christmas Eve. Go to a haunted house with your coworker. Try to kill him for trying to kill you. Go to his apartment after. Exchange gifts.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Naturally...
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 05-31-2018, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just watched

The Beginning
Drive
Triangle
Dreamland
Dreamland II

The change from Canada to LA is stark. Every episode set in the desert.
The Beginning was the movie epilogue with a bit of Gibson and Diana thrown in. Diana recovered quickly from being shot.Then again was it a set up? They are building up to the end of the Syndicate and running out of reasons to keep them. I happen to like the Gibson character as it brought some clever interaction with all the main characters. How many times does he catch Scully lying to him?

Drive is one the best X Files. The end is brutal and uncompromising in that Crump had hope which was then swiftly and coldly removed. Mulders compassion for the underdog is brought to the fore. Echoes of F. Emasculata from s2 and a nod to Speed of course. The twist being its a sound not a disease. Clever writing. Bryan Cranston was so believable. Brilliant teaser filming it like the OJ car chase. Classic. 10/10

Triangle is marmite. You either love it or hate it. The camera work is outstanding and very clever and original. Scully panicking through the FBI offices is superbly written and shot. It shows her vulnerable side where she would normally be calmer yet she knows Mulder is in real danger. Spender would have a field day at an industrial tribunal the way he is treated by his colleagues. Skinners 'Toto' line made me lol.

Dreamland should be good. Two parters usually are. There's something too silly about it which i think is down to how easily it was resolved. It should have been an all time classic which some outstanding sfx which stand up today. The ideas of people being fused into rocks had not been used before and yet ultimately its difficult to put my finger on why it wasn't a classic for me. Its like it was a great idea which had so many routes to go down apart from the strong ending needed.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, when they moved to film in CA, from BC, the atmosphere definitely felt too bright and sunny and no forests anymore..l what’s so spooky about sunshine and deserts?

I liked all those episodes mentioned. Drive was suspenseful just wondering if they would make it and the guy would avoid the fate. And realistic ending!

I liked Dreamland, it was funny but also kind of sad, Scully was so confused by “Mulder” at first! And poor Mulder trying to interact positively with the kids, but doing it wrong, insulting the teenager about her nose

I loved the end of Triangle, homage to the end of the Wizard of Oz, the theme music in piano, and Mulder saying he loved Scully and her not taking him seriously cause he sounded drugged out.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ghosts that stole Christmas

I don't show my hole to anyone......

What a beautifully made masterpiece of comedy and sharp drama. Better than i remembered. I see what they mean about too many Hollywood actors in guest roles but who cares.

It couldn't be taken too seriously as an x file as we knew what was going to happen it was just interesting to see how they got out of it.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Hunt (View Post)
I don't show my hole to anyone......

And I know what you mean, first time around I wasn’t crazy about The Ghosts That Stole Christmas, I remember not being keen on how so many early season 6 episodes were comedy episodes that never really happened by the end of the episode, the change in format was a bit much for me at the time But when I go back and rewatch it now, the way that it deconstructs Mulder and Scully’s relationship is really clever and funny. CC wrote some terrific episodes back in the day
Old 06-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One of my favorite lines in that episodes is about them finding the bodies under the floorboards and Scully points out that the female corpse is wearing her outfit and Mulder is like "how embarrassing"

I really love their gift exchange at the end too
Old 06-05-2018, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was another very funny moment