Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, I too thought that Scully's curiosity (not to say interest) in Padgett was a bit out of character. On the other hand though, have you noticed how in the first images of Padgett's daydream, it looks like Scully is embracing Mulder until we clearly see Padgett's face? Doesn't Padgett look a wee bit similar to season six Mulder from the back? Am I the only one who saw that? Or did I just see what I wanted to see?

Old 09-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

You're right. I never noticed that before, it does look like Mulder. Maybe it was deliberate, I'm not sure.
I've alway's enjoyed the episode Milagro, though in a few of the scenes I found it hard to watch as you said her curiosity for Padgett but overall I liked how the episode played out from the writers view.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

I like Milagro overall, but I did think Scully was a bit out of character, especially going into Padgett's apartment alone, after he had admitted to having followed her for months. Just a little judgement lapse on her part. I mean, wouldn't you have been freaked out after that? No matter how curious I was, I would have been equally terrified to be alone with that guy.

Yeah, I noticed how Padgett looked like Mulder from behind too. He even had the hedgehog hair.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

An episode that I never really appreciated except for the opening and closing scenes is "The Unnatural". I watched this all the way through for the first time in ages not so long ago and I really enjoyed it. Of course it's not a typical X-File, but that is its charm.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I still haven't watched that ep all the way through since it aired. Every time I watch my tape I watch the scene with Mulder and Scully in the basement then fast forward to the end.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies
An episode that I never really appreciated except for the opening and closing scenes is "The Unnatural". I watched this all the way through for the first time in ages not so long ago and I really enjoyed it. Of course it's not a typical X-File, but that is its charm.
Did you know that the episode had some worthy content in philosophy? I was so thrilled when we watched it during one of my classes! It was about the first (and only) time that I, too, had watched it all the way through.
Old 09-29-2004, 03:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathangel
Did you know that the episode had some worthy content in philosophy?
No I didn't. You'll have to point it out to me, because I didn't pay enough attention That's so cool that you got to watch the episode in class. That reminds how I read somewhere that there was a university that offered a course on X-Files mythology, now that would be a course that woukd be worth getting out of bed in the morning.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That reminds how I read somewhere that there was a university that offered a course on X-Files mythology, now that would be a course that woukd be worth getting out of bed in the morning
Dude. That would be effing awesome.

I don't think I've ever watched The Unnatural from beginning to end either. It couldn't hold my interest.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:53 AM
New Fan

You're missing a whimsical gem of an episode if you only watch the beginning and end. DD is a wonderful storyteller.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed "Triangle." The soundtrack alone is fabulous. And I love when the Scullys cross each other in the hallway on board the ship and they do a double take. And well, of course, the ending with the kiss and the "I love you." Such a great episode!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Season Six is the only season I have on DVD (does anyone know why they're so RIDICULOUSLY expensive?). It's probably one of my favorite seasons because there are just so many interesting episodes from that season.

Milagro is just one of my most favorite episodes of all time. It's so creepy and it really makes you think. Kim Manners does a commentary on this episode on the DVD and it's really interesting to get a different view of the episode.

Another reason I bought this season was because I just ADORE How the Ghosts Stole Christmas. Every Christmas Eve since it aired I have watched it, and last year I lost my tape!! So I bought it on DVD. Can't get rid of tradition!!

Arcadia, Monday, Field Trip, Rain King, Three of a Kind... this season is CHOCK FULL of interesting episodes and GREAT moments for our Moose and Squirrel!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JediLaurenMichelle
Season Six is the only season I have on DVD (does anyone know why they're so RIDICULOUSLY expensive?).
That's one thing I've never been able to understand. XF was one of the first television shows to come out on DVD all those years ago when DVDs were quite expensive. But the price has never come down for the earlier seasons and the newer seasons have the same price. I only have season 5 on DVD and I got it at half.com for about $60. I've been taping the episodes off TNT so I have seasons 1-6 on tape now (for the most part) because I just can't afford to spend $150 on DVDs.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's really strange that the DVDs haven't come down in price in the US. In Australia recently they were all (minus season 9) reduced quite substantially to around A$50 which is about $40 US.

Season six is one of my favourite seasons, it's definitely the box set I have watched the most.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Wow...$40 . That's really cheep.
Season 6 is also the only season I own on DVD.
I really love season 6, there are so many good episodes. And one of my al time favourite eppies: Dreamland!! I just sooo adore this episode.
But I don't really like Arcadia, I man I love the shipper moments, and there are some really funny scenes but it's a horrible story. I mean hello? It's the X-Files!! That monster was so unreal and the explanation for it's existance was also crappy. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but I was really disappointed with the XF when I saw that eppy.

Old 02-09-2005, 02:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -CherryPixie-
Wow...$40 . That's really cheep.
Season 6 is also the only season I own on DVD.
I really love season 6, there are so many good episodes. And one of my al time favourite eppies: Dreamland!! I just sooo adore this episode.
But I don't really like Arcadia, I man I love the shipper moments, and there are some really funny scenes but it's a horrible story. I mean hello? It's the X-Files!! That monster was so unreal and the explanation for it's existance was also crappy. I hope I'm not offending anyone, but I was really disappointed with the XF when I saw that eppy.

I know what you mean about Arcadia. I love the shipper moments but the actual X-File is lame. It's almost like the episode was written just as a vehicle to show Mulder and Scully as a "married couple".

It's so strange because my younger brother loves Arcadia and yet he is always making fun of my obsession with the show. He's alway's harping on about how the show is not that good. What would he know!