Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

X-Files *Season Six* Appreciation thread ~ Baseball, Rebel aliens and "I love you"...

Here’s the place to discuss all the amazing and not so amazing episodes of Season Six. What had you rolling on the floor with laughter, what scared you so much you had to hide your face from the TV and what made you run to your computer to discuss with fellow X-Philes

Episode List:

6X01The Beginning
6X02 Drive
6X03 Triangle
6X04 Dreamland
6X05 Dreamland II
6X06 Terms Of Endearment
6X07 Rain King
6X08 How The Ghosts Stole Christmas
6X09 Tithonus
6X10 SR 819
6X11 Two Fathers
6X12 One Son
6X13 Arcadia
6X14 Agua Mala
6X15 Monday
6X16 Alpha
6X17 Trevor
6X18 Milagro
6X19 Three Of A Kind
6X20 The Unnatural
6X21 Field Trip
6X22 Biogenesis
Old 09-05-2004, 08:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm a huge fan of Season Six, it ranks as probably my second favourite season out of the nine. This season often gets a lot of flack, you often hear the term "X-Files Lite" in reference to this season. While I kind of agree with it, especially when this is the first season to be filmed in the warmer climate of L.A. I feel that it was a welcome change and this season contains some of my favorite episodes of the whole show.

How can you not love Triangle, Dreamland 1 & 11, HTGSC, Monday and Milagro.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Season Six is probably my favorite season, despite people's animosity towards it.

My favorite episodes are The Beginning (broody Mulder in that blue polo shirt... Yes, I am extremely shallow), Triangle, Dreamland I & II, Rain King, HTGSC, and Alpha.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Animosity?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl
Animosity?
There's quite a few (or there was) fans out there, that don't like Season Six because they think there are two many humorous and lighthearted episodes that aren't true X-Files such as Rain King, Dreamland, The Unnatural and Arcadia.

I also love The Rain King, but a lot of people seem to hate it, which I don't understand, I think it's just a fun, cute episode. I think it's a pretty good shipper episode as well. I love this quote from Scully:

Scully: "Well, it seems to me that the best relationships — the ones that last — are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is... suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies
There's quite a few (or there was) fans out there, that don't like Season Six because they think there are two many humorous and lighthearted episodes that aren't true X-Files such as Rain King, Dreamland, The Unnatural and Arcadia.
It's not really my case, although I think that this is the season when the show started its downfall and believe me when I tell you that it wasn't because of the humorous episodes (although I went like when I saw Rain King but I can't complain about the other episodes). The mythology, instead of being clarified, got deeper into its confusion with the end of the Consortium, the alien rebels and Mulder's condition at the end of the season. That's my big beef with season six, although it had some good moments like Mulder's long due "I love you", Mulder and Scully going undercover as a married couple, Scully's speech to Sheila in Rain King.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

You're right Cathangel I should of also mentioned that the season is also not liked because of the confusion with the mythology. I totally agree with this aspect. Killing off the consortium in Two Fathers/One Son was a big error. As it really affected the later seasons Mythology (Super Soldiers anyone) and it all just got too confusing.

As for favourite moments of Season Six I can't go past from Triangle Mulder: "I love you."Scully: "Oh, brother..."and also the long one take shot of Scully trying to get information to save Mulder which includes her Kissing Skinner and calling Spender a "Weasel".

I also love "I'd kiss you if you weren't so damn ugly." from Dreamland and the final scenes of Milagro and The Unnatural.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Super Soldiers anyone
When it comes to Super Soldiers, I think most peole's collective reaction is WTF?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bballplayer30
When it comes to Super Soldiers, I think most peole's collective reaction is WTF?

Isn't that the truth

Pics:

Old 09-08-2004, 07:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The term is really really corny. It's amazing really how the actors managed to say it without laughing out loud at the sound of it.

Anyway, Mulder's abduction and torture had the potential to be a good story, but then after that the Super Soldiers came into the picture...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, thanks for the pics, lollies. That scene from The Unnatural makes me all gooey everytime I see it.

Quote:
The term is really really corny. It's amazing really how the actors managed to say it without laughing out loud at the sound of it.
I know. Couldn't they at least have come up with a better name for them?
Old 09-09-2004, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I know. Couldn't they at least have come up with a better name for them?
My thoughts exactly! It sounds like something out of a corny B action horror film!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cathangel
My thoughts exactly! It sounds like something out of a corny B action horror film!
You have to wonder what was going through Gillian's mind every time she had to say those words. Probably something along the lines of 'surely there is something else that I could be doing at this moment".
Old 09-11-2004, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lollies
You have to wonder what was going through Gillian's mind every time she had to say those words. Probably something along the lines of 'surely there is something else that I could be doing at this moment".
Bwah! 'Surely there is anything else I could be doing at this moment'. Everytime I hear the name it reminds me of Toy Soldiers, the movie.
Old 09-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Bwah! 'Surely there is anything else I could be doing at this moment'. Everytime I hear the name it reminds me of Toy Soldiers, the movie.
Me too.

OK, I wanted to know what everyone's thoughts were on the episode Milagro. I've read a lot of differing opinions on this episode. Some people love it, others cant stand it due to them feeling that Scully was out of character because of her interest in Padgett.