Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

I really like season seven, but I think it's because it's so much better than season eight or nine. I don't remember whether I really liked seven before I saw eight and nine There were a lot of shippy moments in these episodes and I think that's what I really liked. By this point, I had given up on the mytharc and X-Files and just wanted to see what would happen between Mulder and Scully.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Master Fan

I think I said this before, but I really enjoyed seeing Scully so happy and carefree, especially towards the end of the season. It made it even worse to see her lose Mulder, after she finally let herself love him That hospital scene in Requiem totally broke my heart (another outstanding performane by Gillian by the way). It was the humor and the shippy-ness that I love so much about S7. It might not be the best seasons mytharc-wise but a very enjoyable one none the less.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed the season too, there were a lot of special things and moments and not only the things between Mulder and Scully !
Old 07-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

It was a season of highs and lows for me. (But I would soon discover with seasons 8 & 9 that worse existed.)

The mythology was not that good (even though I thoroughly enjoyed Diana getting killed off). And I hated the way they resolved the Samantha arc.

But some stand alones like 'Rush', 'The Goldberg Variation' and 'Je Souhaite' were pretty good.

What made the season for me was the way Scully's character came full circle in Gillian Anderson's 'All Things'. It was all in the subtleties and the symbolism in that episode. It's also the episode that made Chris Carter's twist at the end of 'Requiem' look frigging brilliant because it suggests that M&S take things to the next level at the end of the ep. It also explains Scully's lighter mood in the following eps. 'All Things' was underrated by the fans because they kept asking themselves 'Where's the scary/paranormal X-File in all of this?' Well my answer to them is this: sometimes we are so busy living our lives and fearing the unknown surrounding us, that we often forget that the scariest or the most paranormal X-Files live within us, within the personal issues we eventually have to face as individual human beings.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the link For the most part I'm not a huge fan of S7 (mostly because the mythology went completely and totally off track) but damn if there aren't these little moments here and there that almost save the season for me. Also, the capspam makes me really want to watch Requiem. I wonder what a second XF movie would've been like if that had been the series finale.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

I had to do a double take there... If you scroll down to Orison and see the second toothbrush...! I totally didn't see that watching the episode!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

I love those picspams. Esp the lighthearted ones Goldberg Variation, Rush...
Old 03-13-2011, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

There isn't really a thread for the mothers of Mulder and Scully so I figured this thread would be as good as any to talk about them

I have to admit that I always liked Mulder's mother much more
I don't even know why. Maybe it is because she looks a bit like my grandma

But I found it so incredibly sad when he lost his mum just before he learned the truth about Samantha.
And that story, btw, was so beautiful I loved the notion of their souls turning into starlight so they would not have to endure a life or pain and torture.
|it's about time
Old 03-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
There isn't really a thread for the mothers of Mulder and Scully so I figured this thread would be as good as any to talk about them

I have to admit that I always liked Mulder's mother much more
I don't even know why. Maybe it is because she looks a bit like my grandma

But I found it so incredibly sad when he lost his mum just before he learned the truth about Samantha.
And that story, btw, was so beautiful I loved the notion of their souls turning into starlight so they would not have to endure a life or pain and torture.
I don't know. I always preferred Scully's mother, just because I felt that Mulder's was a little cold and hostile. That, and I suspect that Maggie was a shipper. But I agree, it was terrible of Mulder to get the blow of his mother's suicide and the truth about Samantha at roughly the same time.

A bit off-topic, but can anyone explain to me what happened to Samantha? I lost track of the mythology and am now completely confused.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

The Closure explanation is that when she was abducted the Syndicate performed tests on her for 6 years(I think she was kept in some closed off housing facility with other abductees). When she was 14 she escaped and when CSM tracked her down at a hospital she completely disappeared.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

^ Yup, that is it!
And she disappeared because her soul was taken ... and Mulder met that soul at the end of the episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny287 (View Post)
I don't know. I always preferred Scully's mother, just because I felt that Mulder's was a little cold and hostile. That, and I suspect that Maggie was a shipper.
She totally is! She was all over her daughter and the 'mystery' of who the father was
Maybe I never really liked Scully's family because of Bill He was so annoying.
|it's about time
Old 03-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
^ Yup, that is it!
And she disappeared because her soul was taken ... and Mulder met that soul at the end of the episode

She totally is! She was all over her daughter and the 'mystery' of who the father was
Maybe I never really liked Scully's family because of Bill He was so annoying.
I think Bill was the only one I didn't like the in her family. He was just a jerk. I liked Melissa. She, too, was kind of a shipper.

My favorite Maggie-shipper moment happened in Redux II, actually, when Mulder and Scully are talking as she and Bill knock on the door and she says "I hope I'm not interrupting?" in that tone that totally says "I hope I AM interrupting something...."

Actually, what I would LOVE to know (not to get off-topic) is what happened between Maggie and Mulder between "Acension" and "One Breath". Mulder goes from being Agent Mulder to Fox to Maggie....seems they became closer...
Old 03-19-2011, 04:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monny287 (View Post)
I think Bill was the only one I didn't like the in her family. He was just a jerk. I liked Melissa. She, too, was kind of a shipper.
I really have to get s1 to 3 - I don't really remember anything about Melissa (Except for the part in Emily). But yeah, she was cool.

Quote:
My favorite Maggie-shipper moment happened in Redux II, actually, when Mulder and Scully are talking as she and Bill knock on the door and she says "I hope I'm not interrupting?" in that tone that totally says "I hope I AM interrupting something...."
I think she was totally into them. I think mothers just know these kind of things. And since Mulder was with her all the time it was kind of obvious.

Quote:
Actually, what I would LOVE to know (not to get off-topic) is what happened between Maggie and Mulder between "Acension" and "One Breath". Mulder goes from being Agent Mulder to Fox to Maggie....seems they became closer...
She probably made him a roast beef and took care of him because her daughter wasn't there to take care of him
But seriously, I would not be surprised if she actually went over to his flat at one point to talk to him about things. Or maybe Melissa did.
|it's about time
Old 05-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thatlldopig: You were my friend and you told me the truth.