New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2019, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

It has its benefits and negatives for sure

"She got the best of me, she broke my heart, all that's left of me is bleeding in this guitar. Every night a different town, she follows me around, so you get what's left of me"
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Mulder looks like such a dork, while Scully is soo unimpressed
Old 07-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Mulder, such a nerd, dork! he was being a fanboy there.

Scully is just contemplating the how’s and whys of being partnered up with this spooky Mulder and these types of cases when she’s a medical doctor, etc
Old 09-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

The pilot first aired 26 years ago on this date

Old 09-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

to the X-Files premiere! I can say I know what I was doing that night, I was watching it! no idea it would become such a classic!
Old 09-11-2019, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Haha, the glasses!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Elite Fan

Old 09-11-2019, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
After over a quarter century, the unforgettable chemistry between Mulder and Scully still lingers in The X-Files season 11, which many consider a return to form. Whether this is the end or not, The X-Files' legacy will live on through its fans and newcomers who will find the show through streaming platforms. And when new audiences do find the series, they'll always remember that moment when under the blanket of night, somewhere deep in the Oregon forest, The X-Files literally, and figuratively, stopped time.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I'm listening to "The Nerdist" podcast today about the "The X-Files" and the woman talking on it said she started watching it when she was 8 and it made her feel "smart" cause it was a scary show her dad liked so she wanted to watch and feel "adult" too. Plus she said as a tween and teen, it was the first show that introduced her to "sexual tension" onscreen and she would stay up all night on a school night reading M&S fan fiction.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Not sure I would let an 8-year old watch the X-Files...
Old 09-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

Yeah, that would not be a good idea! It could be really dark themes for a child!

I know if I was 8 though, it would be hard for me to not want to watch since I got into horror books and movies at age 7. My poor parents didn't expect their cute, little girl liking horror!! Oh, the horror of it.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Yeah, that would not be a good idea! It could be really dark themes for a child!

I know if I was 8 though, it would be hard for me to not want to watch since I got into horror books and movies at age 7. My poor parents didn't expect their cute, little girl liking horror!! Oh, the horror of it.
I can only imagine!

I blame my dad for getting me hooked on the paranormal and horror genre

"She got the best of me, she broke my heart, all that's left of me is bleeding in this guitar. Every night a different town, she follows me around, so you get what's left of me"
Ropetuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files
Info Center

I blame Michael Jackson and the Thriller video for getting me into werewolves and zombies. Then my mom didn't help by renting me "The Howling" which is a werewolf movie meant for adults!!!

By the time, the X-Files premiered, I had already read my Readers Digest book "Mysteries of the Unexplained" a few times over and was a female "Mulder" myself.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

You guys are so brave...I remember 'Die Hand die verletzt' creeping the ***** out of me when I was in my early twenties...!'
Old 09-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
I blame Michael Jackson and the Thriller video for getting me into werewolves and zombies. Then my mom didn't help by renting me "The Howling" which is a werewolf movie meant for adults!!!

By the time, the X-Files premiered, I had already read my Readers Digest book "Mysteries of the Unexplained" a few times over and was a female "Mulder" myself.
I was always reading stuff like that as well, I remember some book tie-in I had that was supposedly based on real life X-Files supernatural stuff, it used to scare me so bad