Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Most of M&S “dates” were in the car on stake outs there was one moment we saw where Mulder took Scully to a restaurant for her birthday but that’s all I can remember!

Yeah, poor Scully, only a few episodes in and she already told Mulder she wanted a “life”. And up to the second last episode in season 11, Mulder still expressing insecurity that he ruined her “life” she could have had if she didn’t pair up with him.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was season 4 when Mulder takes Scully to a restaurant, she’s really shocked when he gives her a key ring and says that he never remembered her birthday before in all the years she’s known him
Old 05-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, I am surprised he finally remembered her birthday. Or maybe he was just too shy to do it since he has an eidetic memory
Old 05-20-2019, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I always wondered if he decided to bring in the personal touch that year because of Scully being sick, maybe that was what encouraged him to be more considerate
Old 05-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awwww, if that was true, than Mulder would make me at how sensitive he is.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Yes, I am surprised he finally remembered her birthday. Or maybe he was just too shy to do it since he has an eidetic memory
Someone like Mulder? He has to remember for sure. Just a case of stage fright! Happens to all of us
Old 05-25-2019, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Scully ever knew or acknowledged Mulder’s birthdays?
Old 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

I can’t remember her doing it
Old 05-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was always pretty rare during the series for them to get too personal with one another, I remember it being a nice moment when they exchange Xmas gifts in season 6 after they both originally said that they wouldn’t buy the other anything
Old 05-30-2019, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All their personal stuff was off screen
Old 05-31-2019, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s true
Old 06-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like to see "Beyond the Sea" again. For some reason, the way Scully's dad appeared to her after death, speaking without sound was kind of creepy!
Old 06-04-2019, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was my favourite episode from the first season
Old 06-18-2019, 01:02 PM
New Fan

X-Files Newbie Questions

Greetings. I never watched X-Files when it was on originally. So I am watching it now at Amazon. I am half way into the first season and have some questions.
1) How is it possible that people involved in things so secretive and potentially explosive as Mulder and Scully are not provided with high level security equipment, encrypted phones, alarms, locks, etc. by their employers?

2) We have seen in Season one 2 or 3 separate episodes concerning EBE's/UFOs/aliens. Now is there any connection among these aliens, or is Earth being subjected by totally unrelated aliens, which itself should be a major issue in the show?

3) How is it that such a sensitive FBI investigative program never seems to place the FBI in a position of authority, and this is never discussed among the most senior governmental officials, given the fact that the other agencies seem to always be pushing Mulder and Scully around?

4) How realistic is it that this entire investigation of the FBI into extraterrestrial and paranormal phenomena encompasses ONLY two young people instead of a whole team (a la the idea of teams such as in Stargate)?

5) It appears that most of the episodes never see resolution of the case at the end of the episode. Something is always left indicating the resurrection of the paranormal, technological or extraterrestrial bad guy or secret project. If all these different "entities" are around and never get resolved or eliminated, what happens to them? Do they get into alliances with one another (Tooms with L'Ively etc.)?
Old 06-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi, welcome to the X-Files forum on and congrats on choosing to watch a pretty awesome classic show! Yes, this show creates open ended conclusions to episodes or concepts alot cause this is a show about mysteries and the "unexplained"!!

I moved the questions cause they are related to Season One and we have threads for all the seasons!

I can't adequately answer cause some stuff is confusing. But the first thing is, alot of things weren't invented I guess in 1993 when the show started.

Also, in this show, the FBI thinks Mulder is a delusional weirdo agent and gave him the X-Files department cause of his quirks and the rest of the world doesn't beleive in his alien and supernatural cases to take this all seriously.
The FBI stuck him in the basement, showing how seriously they take this.

Do you want spoilers?

No, the monster cases don't become alliances... they just wander the depths of the earth if they exist in the X-Files world.