Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2008, 12:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I love this episode. It's next on my re-watching list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Do you recall that scene when Mulder and Scully are trying to make the pigs escape, and Mulder says something along the lines of: "Scully, would you think less of me as a man when I admitted that I am really enjoying this?".

....or was he even more excplicit???
I think he said "Scully, would you think less of me as a man if I told you I was kind of excited right now?"
Old 08-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasdockan (View Post)
I love this episode. It's next on my re-watching list.

I think he said "Scully, would you think less of me as a man if I told you I was kind of excited right now?"
I love this bit!!

Mulder: (Hunkering down, pushing pigs) Scully, would you think less of me as a man if I told you I was kind of excited right now? (Pigs won't budge) There some secret farmer trick to get these things moving?
Scully: I don't know. (Babe impersonation) Naa-ram-ewe! NAA-RAAM-EEEWE!!!!
Mulder: Yeah, that'll work.
Scully: I baby-sat my nephew this weekend. He watches Babe 15 times a day!
Mulder: And people call ME spooky.

I personally think this is a great episode. I have to admit that I fast forward the part where they kill the deputy and his wife, as I just can't stand the brutality of that scene, but I also think that's part of what made it a great episode. It was sort of a 'nothing's sacred' kinda thing, like they were seeing how far they could push the viewers. This is one of my more watched episodes
Old 08-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

OT Scully has a nephew? It must be her invisible brother Charlie's child.

Even more OT I love Babe. It was the first film I ever saw in a cinema.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeguia0 (View Post)
Plus I think Gillian looks gorgeous in that episode.
Well Kim Manners did direct the episode. All of his episodes seem to have a lot of Scully closeups.

Download link for the caps I made Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ I never noticed that Cindy.

Quote:
I personally think this is a great episode. I have to admit that I fast forward the part where they kill the deputy and his wife, as I just can't stand the brutality of that scene, but I also think that's part of what made it a great episode.
I hate that part. I get so scared when they're in the car, and the music adds even more to it because it's like a happy song. I'm scaring myself right now, so I'll stop.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldIce (View Post)
I have to admit that I fast forward the part where they kill the deputy and his wife, as I just can't stand the brutality of that scene,
That was the scene which really traumatised me when I was a kid and gave me nightmares for months and months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trasdockan (View Post)
Even more OT I love Babe. It was the first film I ever saw in a cinema.
I can't believe that when discussing one of the darkest and most disturbing hours in television history we managed to get onto discussing Babe! Didn't see that coming.

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
I can't believe that when discussing one of the darkest and most disturbing hours in television history we managed to get onto discussing Babe! Didn't see that coming.
Well, I said it was OT.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

My mum is still refusing to ever watch this episode again.

After being inspired by the new movie we are going to go back and watch the series together from the Pilot. Before we have even started though she has already stated that she will be skipping that episode.

Anyone else know anyone who just hates this episode and always skips it?

Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Total Fan

My mom hates this episode. She says it is awful and can't believe they even made it. I always tell her it is supposed to be creepy and disturbing- that was the point. To which she usually says "well, duh. That's why I hate it." It seems we just go around in circles about this one.

Tumblr
Old 09-14-2008, 01:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Very unsettling episode....hard to watch. Didn't FOX stop showing it after the first airing?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNiceGuy (View Post)
Very unsettling episode....hard to watch. Didn't FOX stop showing it after the first airing?

When it first aired it came with a parental warning and then Fox vowed they would never ever air it again. They went back on that though and it has been shown quite a few times since

Old 08-23-2015, 09:43 AM
Master Fan

I had it on my rewatch today. A very dark and disturbing episode. I forgot how brutal it actually were

However the Mulder/Scully scenes I liked. The one with the pigs is epic And their discussing about getting kids is great too

~Susanne ~
Old 08-23-2015, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

this is one of the episodes that still creep me out
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely have a memory of watching this when it aired, but because it got banned from the air after with time, it almost felt like "did I dream that or was that a real episode"? I knew from the moment they showed a dead baby hand buried in a pool of bloody dirt that I was in for it, lol. Rewatching, I know the baseball bat murders to "Wonderful, Wonderful" was horrifying for tv back then! I mostly remembered the mutated baby, but I totally blanked out the memory of the "mother" moment unti l rewatched it, lol. Yikes! I didn't even know it was banned for years since I rarely watched reruns, usually just the original airing. My current observations are, this was the way I loved the X-Files to be, the more horrifying the case, the better, GA is awfully pretty in this, the Home house is close by so I should go find it, and the Home yellow city hall/police building is on the same street I take to drive home from work or pick up books I ordered from a bookstore close by there.

Didn't GA date one of the "brothers"? She married the art director, was that Clyde (?) and then also dated "Ed Jerse" as well.
Old 04-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

It’s weird but when I reached this episode during my rewatch, I realized I had forgotten about the baseball murders.
And yes, I feel GA kept gradually getting prettier as the series progressed. It’s kind of like her beauty snuck up on me and I didn’t fully recognize it until around season 4 or so.
GA dated one of the “brothers”?!? EEW! I remember her dating the actor from Never Again though.

The influence of "Home" is still alive and kicking!
Quote:
We have been waiting for the mid-season premiere of FOX's Bones since the mid-season break began after season 11's 10th episode, and now that it is finally back, fans are also going to be treated with a serial killer arc that the show's executive producer, Michael Peterson, says is aimed at scaring the socks off everyone.

Peterson revealed that he has always been a guy who likes big scares and he has written horror features that never made it to screen, so he wanted to try and introduce a serial killer to Booth and Brennan's team whose creepiness was inspired by The X-Files' season 4 episode 2 monster of the week, The Peacock Family.

"I just wanted to go somewhere that was creepy and disturbing in a way we hadn't done in a while [...] The X-Files episode 'Home,' which just absolutely terrified me," Peterson said, adding that the 13th episode of Bones will serve as a nod to The X-Files episode.
X