4.20 Small Potatoes
4.21 Zero Sum
4.22 Elegy
4.23 Demons
4.24 Gethsemane

Last edited by Penny Lane; 09-13-2020 at 11:25 AM
Old 06-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Loyal Fan

that's really a great timing because this episode is the next one of my list watching all seasons

maybe i'll watch it tonight,but i'm not sure right now if i'll have time (lerning stuff )

it's a long long time ago i saw this episode. i don't remember a lot things in that episode, but maybe tomorrow

Meredith: I feel empty. Izzie: Yeah, two hours of vomitting will do that to you.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy
that's really a great timing because this episode is the next one of my list watching all seasons

maybe i'll watch it tonight,but i'm not sure right now if i'll have time (lerning stuff )

it's a long long time ago i saw this episode. i don't remember a lot things in that episode, but maybe tomorrow
same with me, so many things missing in my mind. But I think I refresh it soon, so I could day mor than "I think that it is a great episode, cause I had never seen sth like that on TV before."
Old 06-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm usually very easily scared, but this episode just wasn't scary for me. I know it deals with incest, but I just don't understand why it was so reviled by the XF community.

I liked the interaction between Mulder and Scully outside the police station and again in the hotel room while Mulder was trying to get a tv signal.

It's not an episode I set out to watch, but I'll watch it if nothing else is on
Old 06-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Great idea, John!
Like Mandy and Yvonné I don't remember the epidsode too well so I'm going to rewatch it tonight or at least look at some screencaps to refresh my memory

I didn't know the eppy caused a lot of discussion but that's probably because I wasn't around by the time it first aired and now, there are more movies and shows like this I think, so it's not that controversial for me. I wasn't that scared when I watched the eppy but I can imagine that if I would've been younger it would've scared me .

Old 06-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not sure where I stand exactly on this episode. I have a similar view to John. I think it's a great episode in terms of quality, one of the best from the season. Everything about it was well done, but I wouldn't really consider it as one of my favourites. It's not an episode that I rewatch all the time. I can't remember the first time I watched it so I'm not sure if I was scared by it but it doesn't bother me now. I also enjoy the scenes that Jenn mentioned. I think I'm kind of guilty of watching them and skipping over everything else lol

Mulder: "Is there a history of genetic abnormalities in your family?"
Scully: "No."
Mulder: "Well, just find yourself a man with a spotless genetic make up and a really high tolerance for being second-guessed and start pumping out the little uberScullys."
Scully: "What about your family?"
Mulder: "Aside from the need for corrective lenses or the tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."

Mulder: "But Scully, Sheriff Taylor implied that the boys in that family were not really the type that could easily get dates."
Scully: "But he also implied that they practiced inbreeding. Now, we all have a natural instinct to propagate."
Mulder: "Do we?" Too cute
Old 06-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Master Fan

Some pictures from Home

Old 06-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollies
Mulder: "Is there a history of genetic abnormalities in your family?"
Scully: "No."
Mulder: "Well, just find yourself a man with a spotless genetic make up and a really high tolerance for being second-guessed and start pumping out the little uberScullys."
Scully: "What about your family?"
Mulder: "Aside from the need for corrective lenses or the tendency to be abducted by extraterrestrials involved in an international governmental conspiracy, the Mulder family passes genetic muster."

Mulder: "But Scully, Sheriff Taylor implied that the boys in that family were not really the type that could easily get dates."
Scully: "But he also implied that they practiced inbreeding. Now, we all have a natural instinct to propagate."
Mulder: "Do we?" Too cute
I love these scenes too!

Home is an awesome episode in my opinion! It's very scary for sure but it's definitely great. I admit I was a bit shocked when I was watching it for the first time but it was The X-Files so there wasn't really a lot left to surprise me with anymore
Old 06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

So did anyone go back and rewatch the episode?
Old 06-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Home....omg! *goes to hide* that ep scarred me forever! I came into x-phile land late in the show, like season 8. But I was only watching reruns, I don't think I ever watched a new ep when it aired besides the finale... so i had always heard of Home, and when I finally saw it, omg! it still gets me. i think I've only seen it twice. *shakes* that baby, and those boys, and that poor mom. *cringes*

Some funny MS lines in this one... but other than that, *gags*
Old 06-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Loyal Fan

oh yeah i saw that episode just and i think it's a great episode. A awfully topic, but a great episode.

I'm happy i saw this never when i was younger, i think i saw that the first time when i was around 16 years old.

one of the worst scene for me was when the three brothers went to the house of the officer and they killed him and his wife.

Meredith: I feel empty. Izzie: Yeah, two hours of vomitting will do that to you.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy
one of the worst scene for me was when the three brothers went to the house of the officer and they killed him and his wife.
Yeah I think that was the scene that really got to me and gave me the nightmares, just imagining them breaking into my house as well
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

It's funny to remember how offended people were to the ep when it was to first come out, considering what CSI now sometimes gets away with showing.

I really enjoyed Home. I liked how Scully discusses motherhood, her chemistry with Mulder, and I liked the Sheriff and his wife (the scene with her under the bed trying to avoid her husbands blood was chilling). The music during that scene as well was a nice contrast to what was happening, making it even more disturbing. I always thought the ep was reaaly good because of what they don't show (you don't really see the Shariff being killed but you see his wife's reaction while it happens). It was directed kind of Hitchcockian IMO. It was a well directed episode with a lot of nice humor that didn't distract too much from the scary atmosphere. Fav moment- Mulder holding up the newspaper that read 'Elvis is Dead' and pouting
Old 06-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics
It's funny to remember how offended people were to the ep when it was to first come out, considering what CSI now sometimes gets away with showing.

Fav moment- Mulder holding up the newspaper that read 'Elvis is Dead' and pouting

Hi Kelly , nice to see you made it back onto the board

I wasn't really interested in the show when the episode was on, what was the reaction like?

Oh yeah I remember that and just to welcome you back Kelly and make sure you stick around this is just for you

Old 06-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

I totally don't remember that - but that's fabulous!