Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2019, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvduv (View Post)
I sort of thought there might be participants who had some insights into these things that make the show seem rather silly. I mean here they were searching inside some rundown building for dangerous zombies, armed with only a flashlight and a gun, to yell out "Stop! Federal agent!" As if the entity cared.

In any event I guess the disease/entity was spread by the African version of Tooms who was hiding squeezed inside the ceiling of the airplane bathroom.
I mean honestly it’s like I said before, there are over 200 episodes that fans have to keep straight, and we’re not watching all 201 episodes on a regular basis. Maybe if we were doing a group rewatch then we could discuss some of the questions that you’re raising more, but I think I’ve seen Teliko a total of two times maybe, I just don’t remember it all that clearly

I think it was 2016 when I last re-watched season 4 in full, many of us instead just pick out favourite MotW episodes to rewatch, or even if we are doing a full series rewatch we might skip some of the episodes that we’re not as keen on, the format of the show makes it very easy to do that with the MotW’s. Some classic episodes I have watched more than a few times, but some of the less inspired episodes like Teliko (which I agree was an obvious Tooms rip-off), I don’t really go out of my way to watch every year. I can discuss X-Files in general, but it’s not always possible to go really in-depth on an individual episode that many of us haven’t seen in years.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:58 AM
New Fan

And we are now by the middle of Season 4 seeing variations on a theme, which itself is a bit boring. Cults, satanists whether in a hospital, among the Chinese or Africans, or whatever. I guess the writers and producers were pressed for time and figured it was easiest just to regurgitate a theme over and over again, even at the risk of boredom. And as almost in all episodes, the problem investigated by our young heroes is not resolved at the end of the episode, Sanguinarium, but goes on to another chapter that Scully and Mulder will not be involved in.

Last edited by Duvduv; 08-07-2019 at 12:31 PM
Old 08-08-2019, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I’m guessing you’re not enjoying season 4.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Which is odd since S4 is one of my favorites
Old 08-09-2019, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It’s my favourite season

Duvduv, you must be enjoying the show a bit though right, if you’re still watching up to season 4?
Old 08-09-2019, 07:52 AM
New Fan

Yes, you're right. It's a nice distraction. What exactly is the link between the aliens and the creatures in the black oil? And see the microscopic creatures sort of similar to the goa'uld in Stargate SG-1? And perhaps the inspiration for the goa'uld? I assume Chris Carter was connected to the producers of SG1....
Too bad in Terma we don't see how the superhero Mulder manages to get out of Russia and back to Washington in Superman speed time. From the middle of Siberia to St. Petersburg and then back home.....or how he survived altogether, having recklessly spent federal dollars to run off to Tunuska with Kryczek unprepared for what he would have to face.......

Last edited by Duvduv; 08-09-2019 at 01:50 PM
Old 08-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Which show came first?

I wish more had been done with the black oil idea. I remember being horrified and excited that Mulder had the black oil put in him but then nothing happened after?
Old 08-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

X-Files came before Stargate I think?
Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am unfamiliar with Stargate! But X-Files certainly inspired further science fiction shows after it. I mean, when the show started, I definitely had not seen a concept like it before.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:09 PM
New Fan

OK, in Unrequited Teager could make himself invisible in relation to direct visual contact. This was not explained in the episode, but just stated as a matter of fact. Does anyone know whether the writers or fan world ever explained how this works (which Mulder says was used by the Viet Cong)??
Old 08-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t even remember that episode specifically
Old 08-16-2019, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it was just unexplained phenomenon
Old 08-16-2019, 04:59 AM
Master Fan

Wasn't that related to the blind spot in our retina?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_(vision)
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:25 PM
New Fan

No article appears there on Wiki. In any case, how could it be explained that the Viet Cong or Teager were able to arrange it so that they were invisible due to some blind spot? It was never explained by Dr. Mulder or Dr. Scully!
Old 08-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you just have to use your imagination.