Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2019, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The husband thing was creepier to me, but yeah it is actually pretty funny picturing him deciding to turn up at his ex’s door disguised as a movie character that she liked, she must have been really naive to actually believe that he was the real Luke Skywalker

It was a great teaser too at making you think at first that Scully was right about this case, that they were dealing with a total fantasist
Old 05-12-2019, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

The weird guy impregnating that women..yuck. It reminds me of a bad daytime soap opera
Old 05-15-2019, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interesting what people didn't really seem to notice what was icky back then. But X-files has an ongoing theme of invasion of woman's bodies by nonconsensual entities... one weak item of this series
Old 05-16-2019, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Hasn’t aged well at al especially now
Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That’s true
Old 05-16-2019, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was still impressed how good the scary stuff still stands however! But sometimes the old technology or science takes me out of it when that’s where I can see the dating
Old 05-19-2019, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely Scully’s old laptop takes me out of it in the earlier seasons
Old 05-21-2019, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, for me its the big round metal framed glasses she wore at the laptop
Old 08-04-2019, 03:13 PM
New Fan

Maybe the moderator will move this over to a Season 4 forum. I watched Home and understood the story as presented, but don't understand the back-story. How and why did the Peacock family end up the way they did, and how does it fit into a storyline regarding aliens or the paranormal?
Isn't it just amazing that Peacocks never had need for a doctor or dentist, but were able to drive around with sufficient gasoline whenever they wanted? Especially the mother - how did she survive with no arms or legs giving birth all the time, and expecting to do so again at the end of the episode?
Old 08-04-2019, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the idea was that they just ended up passing down deformities through each generation because of all the incest going on. And I guess the mother survived because of her sons taking care of her in their own way

And really it’s just meant as a homage to classic horror movies, there’s no connection to the alien mythology. It’s different with tv today when you’re binge watching a show and writers expect you to pay attention, but back when the X-Files was big it was more a case of audiences just wanting to tune in each week for a good scare with the standalone cases, not everything was as connected as you get with shows these days. The mythology episodes were their own thing, and that was something that wasn’t common for tv at the time at all, most other supernatural shows like Star Trek would simply ‘reset’ each week so that it wouldn’t matter if audiences missed a week, no continuity was going to be carried forward. The monster of the week episodes with The X-Files are more traditional 90’s tv in that respect, they were their own thing each week of Mulder and Scully being send to look into different cases, but they didn’t all add up to anything in the same way as the mythology was meant too

Incidentally Home is the only X-Files episode that Fox banned from ever airing again, it was very controversial

Last edited by FrellingTralk; 08-04-2019 at 08:45 PM
Old 08-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ all you explained is correct, Naomi.

Don’t look for perfect continuity or mythology connection with The X-Files.

Science fiction is called that for a reason
Old 08-05-2019, 01:29 PM
New Fan

Forgive me for my rants. I just watched Teliko. Can anyone explain how these professional agents can expose themselves to deadly bacteria, agents, chemicals and monsters, and out right filth, never protecting themselves with anything more than a flashlight and a gun? Creeping through basements, tunnels, encountering all kinds of things including contagions? No regular protective gear (while of course Scully maintains a fresh look and hairstyle no matter what happens)?
What was the rationale for the spreading of the zombie ghost or whatever was in the esophagus from Burkino Faso to the US?

BTW, does the Syndicate and the Smoking Man etc. follow Mulder and Scully on all these paranormal cases as well? How do they relate to these adventures of our young heroes?

I still don't get what exactly happened to Mulder at the end of the episode. Why he didn't turn into a Voodoo zombie or whatever. Or the process by which some of the men are paralyzed and do or do not change into albino zombies.
And of course I will always be amazed at their ability to rebound after the worst physical challenges. Sort of the same as the coyote in Roadrunner who drops into the canyon and just bounces back again after the *poof* at the bottom. Utterly amazing. With that fresh well coiffed look of both of them. ;-) ;-)

Last edited by Duvduv; 08-05-2019 at 02:08 PM
Old 08-05-2019, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure if it’s ranting as much as asking rhetorical questions that can’t be answered by us. We didn’t write the episodes the way they were,
Old 08-06-2019, 07:27 AM
New Fan

I sort of thought there might be participants who had some insights into these things that make the show seem rather silly. I mean here they were searching inside some rundown building for dangerous zombies, armed with only a flashlight and a gun, to yell out "Stop! Federal agent!" As if the entity cared.

In any event I guess the disease/entity was spread by the African version of Tooms who was hiding squeezed inside the ceiling of the airplane bathroom.

Last edited by Duvduv; 08-06-2019 at 09:46 AM
Old 08-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

just read the subtitle of this thread to know the show is silly! Because it’s about supernatural things, there are no rules! Sort of like “The Twilight Zone”. Did you watch that series.. I’m sure you’d have even more questions with those episodes!