Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2017, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
So right now I'm watching "Duane Berry" and maybe this is a dumb question that's known and I can't remember... but what happened to Duane Berry? Did he get abducted or die? Or do I find out at the end of the episode, I can't remember
I thought that he got abducted again anyway in spite of giving them Scully, but I'm not sure now actually, it's been a while since I've seen it
Old 06-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

I last watched "The Unnatural" on its 18th birthday/anniversary, 25 April. I love that episode!
Old 06-03-2017, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

^
It's an awesome baseball-centric episode!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
^
It's an awesome baseball-centric episode!
It is! It's like a love lettre to baseball! Plus I'm in love with the bromance between Arthur Dales and Josh Exley! I wish there had been more episodes about them, but I understand why a one-off was the right way to tell their story.

I seriously cry each and every time I watch the episode, when Ex dies in Arthur's arms at the end, with his "true face."
Old 06-04-2017, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, I loved The Unnatural, David should really write another episode for the new season
Old 06-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
Aww, I loved The Unnatural, David should really write another episode for the new season
IDK, I'm not sure he'd be able to recreate the magic of "The Unnatural." While I liked "HAD" well enough, it just wasn't the same, and not being creatively involved in the XF for so long, I think DD should leave writing up to the writers (just not CC LOL <--- I'm not a fan of his episodes, and only tolerate most of his mytharc eps because I love the conspiracy arc).

Now... if right now DD is sitting in on writer meetings or whatnot, and he is actively taking part in the creative process for the story arc for the upcoming season/event series, then I would want him to write a mytharc episode. DD's contributions to the mythology were always good. The man really knows how to create an interesting story, and I'm 100000000% positive DD is creatively more intuitive/knowledgable to the XF mythology than CC.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, DD certainly accepted M&S UST and their growing romantic feelings toward each other quicker than CC. In fact, both DD and GA, being in their characters' brains a lot, accepted what was going on and upped the ante themselves. I find it funny how both of their episodes they wrote, they included total outright shippy scenes between the two of them.

I wouldn't mind a DD written episode, or even GA, as her fiction book series genre is science fiction! DD is still writing his fiction books around the theme of baseball?
Old 06-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Well, DD certainly accepted M&S UST and their growing romantic feelings toward each other quicker than CC. In fact, both DD and GA, being in their characters' brains a lot, accepted what was going on and upped the ante themselves. I find it funny how both of their episodes they wrote, they included total outright shippy scenes between the two of them.

I wouldn't mind a DD written episode, or even GA, as her fiction book series genre is science fiction! DD is still writing his fiction books around the theme of baseball?
I'm not really a MSR fan, but I do appreciate their UST through the first six seasons I wouldn't necessarily want DD (or any writer) to prioritize anything MSR with the upcoming season. I prefer the conspiracy stories, and well-written/plotted MOTW, I don't need MS/UST or MSR to enjoy TXF series I would hope any of the writers involved would approach writing in the same way, don't write to appease fans who want MSR, write to create good episodes.

I don't want GA to write though. I hated her XF ep in season 7, it wasn't even a x-file case, it was sappy and too emo for my tastes. It offered nothing significant to the series as a whole. I tried to read her fiction book, but I couldn't get past the first page, I tried like seven times too! LOL I don't think she's a very good writer, but again JMHO

Today, I'm thinking of watching a Doggett episode, maybe s9's "John Doe" or s8's "Medusa" - one of my really good online BFFs met Robert Patrick in the UK last weekend, and hearing all about it has put me in a John Doggett mood! I love him!
Old 06-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

AUDREY
Old 06-06-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the last episode I've watched now is Memento Mori.

E.T.A. Now I'm watching "Deep Throat" and have realized the diner they eat at in the second episode, is an actual diner that I drive by every morning on my way to work I should go eat there sometime of course, it's 25 something years later and maybe a darker shade of blue, but I still pass filming crews set up there sometimes!

Also the Seth Green and his girlfriend in there? The way they are dressed looks like a joke, but I laughed cause that's exactly how kids at school were actually dressed, kinda grungy.... just the way I must have looked. . Wow, did we look ridiculous in retrospect

Last edited by reason to believe; 06-06-2017 at 06:26 PM
Old 10-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, I’m just watching “Bad Blood” tonight and I laugh at the part where Mulder is so into his theory about the cows having Vampire-like injuries to the neck, that when Scully says “well, it’s obviously not a vampire!”, Mulder actually asks “well, why not?” Completely in a serious way of asking her I almost forget there are no such things as them when I hear Mulder sounding so convinced about it
Old 02-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Monday
Old 03-27-2018, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Obliette
Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Arcadia

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-12-2018, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero