Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Totally.....
I wonder how/why that happens between certain actors and not others.....is it luck? Talent? Co-incidence?
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

I would think it's like in life when you just click with some people and not with others.

Still have yet to watch 1 second of Fringe, but yeah how dare they. I get a feeling though, unless it starts being widely popular, it won't be around for long. FOX seems kinda desperate trying to get it a big audience by giving it it's best time slots. Also the production costs have to be pretty big on that show, I think I read they spent 10 million on the pilot alone.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Totally.....
I wonder how/why that happens between certain actors and not others.....is it luck? Talent? Co-incidence?
I don't know.. but it's amazing! And.. it's not very common..
Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was watching Tithonus and the New York FBI guy said that the guy who takes the pictures could possibly be killing folk to take pictures of them and then leaves the scene only to go back at the request of the police to take the crime photos, which made me think of Dexter!

It was the whole guy killing the person, taking the pictures, then going back with the police as if he was never there, kinda like Dexter who kills the killer then goes back as if to investigate it.

Though the stories are completely different it's just the general idea of it all.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil_boreanaz (View Post)
I don't know.. but it's amazing! And.. it's not very common..
I completely agree!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
^
I agree.......B&B remind me a lot of Mulder & Scully.
and not to mention that David Duchovny directed one episode of Bones. i think it's in season 2.
if i remember correctly, there's a villain with Chimera traits in one episode of CSI (las vegas, i guess), a person with 2 different physical & DNA characteristics.
i guess many x-files details used in various TV series and movies worldwide.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Okay so this one doesn't really count but I just saw a trailer for the new Russell Crowe movie and there's a scene where he says Trust no one. Of course I immediately thought X-Files.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by esdawet (View Post)
and not to mention that David Duchovny directed one episode of Bones. i think it's in season 2.
if i remember correctly, there's a villain with Chimera traits in one episode of CSI (las vegas, i guess), a person with 2 different physical & DNA characteristics.
i guess many x-files details used in various TV series and movies worldwide.
'Judas on a Pole' is the ep you're talking about. One of my faves.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I've been watching The X-Files for the first time recently, and, as a huge Lost/Fringe fan, I often find myself going, "Did JJ Abrams think anything up on his own?"

Really, Fringe is obvious (the last episode before the hiatus involved faceless people), but even Lost (the crazy guy who kept repeating bowling scores reminded me of Hurley's crazy numbers friend, among other things).

It makes me a little sad.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Passionate Fan

JJ Abrams was (is) a HUGE fan of the show. But Fringe has its own flavor. I like it. But I agree. Lots of similarities.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Just saw Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson for the first time recently and he reminded me so much of Mulder. Or more so the Lone Gunmen I suppose with his newsletter

Could definitely see Mulder becoming like Gibson's character

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Interesting. I never made that connection.... I always liked that movie. A beer bottle on the door knob, LOL.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I keep forgetting about that movie. I think I might have to go buy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
Okay so this one doesn't really count but I just saw a trailer for the new Russell Crowe movie and there's a scene where he says Trust no one. Of course I immediately thought X-Files.
What's the movie called?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

^State of Play
Old 03-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

What is it about?