Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Hmm I never thought about it but you're right.
BTW, is Vincent D'Onofrio still on the show? I stopped watching when they brought in Chris Noth .
Old 08-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Passionate Fan

I think they alternate episodes or something. That's why I stopped watching too
Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

Has anyone here caught Eleventh Hour? It's a pretty good show, but it's almost laughable how similar it is to TXF.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Anyone seen Fringe?

It's okay but sometimes it's feels like I am watching a X-files episode with different characters. Creepy things coming out of mouth, agent being abducted for tests, going to get evidence but the place has been cleared out.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Total Fan

I'm watching it. It's okay, though sometimes there really are too much similarities. But not everything, though I can't say whether I like it or not.

Last edited by JustAKid; 02-08-2009 at 03:29 AM
Old 02-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Just watched The Number 23 with Jim Carrey again recently and even though the film itself doesn't really remind me of the X-Files the whole conspiracy about the number 23 could certainly have worked in the world of the X-Files very easily

I never bothered with Fringe. It just seemed like such an X-Files rip-off that before it even aired I had already developed a deep hatred for it! And with it being a JJ Abrams show it will probably just descend into a massive mess in a couple of years time anyway

Chat about the X-Files (the greatest show of all time) here!
Old 02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Rather like Lost, I would presume. Have you watched that recently???? I'm SO confused.

I've seen a few episodes of Fringe, but it's too... X-Filey for me. I watched it with an open mind but after two episodes I was half expecting M&S to walk on-screen. The mad doctor/scientist was too over played for me to enjoy it. It's like, yeah, we get you're a genius, so calm it down!

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
I never bothered with Fringe. It just seemed like such an X-Files rip-off that before it even aired I had already developed a deep hatred for it!
My thoughts exactly. I refuse to watch it and I am actually a big Joshua Jackson fan. But my devotion to The X-Files is much stronger than any silly crush on Josh Jackson. It is a total rip off of The X-Files and I am pissed that JJ would try to re-create it. He even says he was a huge fan of the show. But don't go and copy it then! Use your brain and create something else. Yep, I definitely have a deep hatred of Fringe, too.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this show was already posted butI have to say Bones.. the Booth & Brennan relationship has nuts shippers like X files..
Old 02-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

^
I agree.......B&B remind me a lot of Mulder & Scully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeeMac (View Post)
I never bothered with Fringe. It just seemed like such an X-Files rip-off that before it even aired I had already developed a deep hatred for it! And with it being a JJ Abrams show it will probably just descend into a massive mess in a couple of years time anyway
LOL, the descent has started already, IMO.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
^
I agree.......B&B remind me a lot of Mulder & Scully.
You know, I've heard people say that before, but I don't see it. Bones is such a different show. It is more humorous, light and much less cerebral. I like Bones, don't get me wrong, but The X-Files it is not. I can see why the relationship between Booth and Brennan can be compared to Mulder and Scully on the surface, but the dynamic and sexual tension is different somehow. I think the chemistry between Gillian and DD is way better, too.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

^
Yes, you are absoluetly right. They are certainly different. But that's exactly what I like about them......they are not trying to copy the Mulder/Scully dynamic. They do their own thing, and it works amazingly well, IMO. I give them credit for starting off from a similar premise (intellectual/logical female meets cute, childish hero), but then develop it into a completely different direction, I enjoy watching that because they have an amazing amount of chemistry together, yet they are NOT exactly like M&S. Cause let's be honest, no one can be exactly like them. That's the problem with 'Fringe', as several people have pointed out. Their show is too similar to the X-files, just just not as nearly as good. The only thing they have going is the Father/son relationship, which admittedly is a lot of fun, IMO.

I guess what I am trying to say is: watching B&B interact gives me the same kinda fuzzy feeling that M&S used to give me. Two people who just belong together yet try to ignore it most of the time, for professional reasons.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
^
That's the problem with 'Fringe', as several people have pointed out. Their show is too similar to the X-files, just just not as nearly as good. The only thing they have going is the Father/son relationship, which admittedly is a lot of fun, IMO.

I agree, The only thing enjoyable so far in the 7 episodes I have seen is Peter/Walter relatiionship but there isn't much of that.

The X-files gave us Mulder, who's passion for the truth and existence of aliens made you want to believe as well. But The Fringe seems a continuation of X-files (not a good one) . They are trying to put in mysterious characters, and weird things happening but it's not executed as well as X-files was.
And the cast is the greatest one either except for Joshua Jackson and the guy who plays his father.

I don't like Olivia much. So not much to enjoy in the show and the case always make you feel, oh I have already seen that in the X-files.

Quote:
Yes, you are absoluetly right. They are certainly different. But that's exactly what I like about them......they are not trying to copy the Mulder/Scully dynamic. They do their own thing, and it works amazingly well, IMO. I give them credit for starting off from a similar premise (intellectual/logical female meets cute, childish hero), but then develop it into a completely different direction, I enjoy watching that because they have an amazing amount of chemistry together, yet they are NOT exactly like M&S.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yes, you are absoluetly right. They are certainly different. But that's exactly what I like about them......they are not trying to copy the Mulder/Scully dynamic. They do their own thing, and it works amazingly well, IMO. I give them credit for starting off from a similar premise (intellectual/logical female meets cute, childish hero), but then develop it into a completely different direction, I enjoy watching that because they have an amazing amount of chemistry together, yet they are NOT exactly like M&S.
I couldn't have said it better.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course M&S are HUGE! And the chemestry between DAvid and Gillian..

But the chemestry between Emily Deschanel & David Boreanaz is undeniable..