Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
Vince Gilligan was great at the M&S aspect of the show. I mean he wrote Pusher . Speaking of writters, I was reading a post Never Again fanfic and in the author's notes they pointed out that James Wong and Glen Morgan wrote both The Field Where I Died and Never Again. Then I read somewhere that they wanted to end S4 with Scully putting Mulder in a mental hospital. As much as I love Home, if that is true I'm glad they left the show after S4 .
I think it's safe to say that James Wong and Glen Morgan are going on my Enemies List. Didn't Vince Gilligan also write Small Potatoes? Almost got ourselves a kiss out of that episode. Sure it was a Faux Mulder (heh) but the visual would've been worth it. And besides the first kiss they *did* give us was with Scully's alternate reality WW2 ancestor or something.
So Frank Spotnitz is also another writer on our side in terms of Mulder/Scully sweetness?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedHestia (View Post)
So Frank Spotnitz is also another writer on our side in terms of Mulder/Scully sweetness?
Well, he confirmed William, right?
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Loyal Fan

yes he was the one who verbally confirmed william's parentage
Old 05-25-2008, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Well he sounds like a shipper everytime he talks about M&S.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Master Fan

Let's grab the snake by the other end: has CC ever spoken out enthusiastically about anything???
Hehe, I mean..... He seems like a rather quite guy to me.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

He's a surfer, he's laid back. Still kind of tired of hearing the words a romance of intelligence or chaste when he talks about M&S. Especially after they've had a kid together .
Old 05-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Haha, I bet he was worried of being remembered for writing a romantic TV show....
Old 05-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

You have a point there Little Stewie, his intention for the show has always been for it to be a dark and scary show.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

I like how they (I think it was DD....) acknowledged how they realized in retrospect how central to the story M&S romance was. I think even CC made a comment like that, no? I think it's like it wrote itself, the writers basically had to slow it down..... When you think about it, there was no way around it: no way 2 people go through something like that together without ending up together, or feeling for each other what they did.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

^^ Totally! They fought their feelings for 7 years so they did not bad! I think that a lot of people (me included) watched it not only for the actual story but to see the relationship develop and if they would get together...

it was like how GA described it in an interview that "one minute of them holding hands was like another couple jumping into bed". As much as CC doesn't want to admit it, it was a big epic romance with conspiracies and aliens and gooey monsters!

Old 05-27-2008, 05:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey shippers!

The X-Files may have been a show about the search for "The Truth", but at it's core, it was and always will be an epic love story.
Lauren-Huddy Queen of Subtext//Visit the LOTR Campaign Thread
Old 05-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Old 05-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
^^ Totally! They fought their feelings for 7 years so they did not bad! I think that a lot of people (me included) watched it not only for the actual story but to see the relationship develop and if they would get together...

it was like how GA described it in an interview that "one minute of them holding hands was like another couple jumping into bed". As much as CC doesn't want to admit it, it was a big epic romance with conspiracies and aliens and gooey monsters!
Well I guess hand holding was very intimate when they did it . In other shows they sleep together before the whole love issue comes into the whole situation. I guess M&S is more of an ideal romance.

Quote:
The X-Files may have been a show about the search for "The Truth", but at it's core, it was and always will be an epic love story.
Aww, I just love what you wrote .
Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)

I know.. I am one of those people who on certain episodes will skip to the "shippy" scenes on my dvds, and not watch the rest of the episode
Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

I do that with the S8 eps all the time, especially Per Manum and Existence (yeah I've only watched the last scene of that episode and moved on ).