Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2016, 08:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Maybe I'll write him my wish. Hey, maybe Chris is the real Santa Claus!
SannraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

I think S8 seemed like a nice conclusion, but obviously it wasn't the end... so I guess I would like an ending that would seem somewhat satisfying in that it tied loose ends and as if we had some sort of "happy" ending for our two heroes but could at the same time be open to future movies or miniseries (or in Leanne's case loads of fan fiction ).
Old 10-10-2016, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)

I think S8 seemed like a nice conclusion, but obviously it wasn't the end... so I guess I would like an ending that would seem somewhat satisfying in that it tied loose ends and as if we had some sort of "happy" ending for our two heroes but could at the same time be open to future movies or miniseries (or in Leanne's case loads of fan fiction ).
(Except for the fics I read last night where one was Mulder dying and the other was Scully dying which had me furiously rubbing my eyes cause I wasn't .... never mind )

My preferred ending for Mulder and Scully is them being together knowing their son is safe and happy. And the X-Files being validated as a department of the FBI without any further stigma. But maybe that part is too much too ask for, lol
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere (View Post)

I definately go with this.
But hey, it's too soon to speak about endings
Old 10-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
(Except for the fics I read last night where one was Mulder dying and the other was Scully dying which had me furiously rubbing my eyes cause I wasn't .... never mind )

My preferred ending for Mulder and Scully is them being together knowing their son is safe and happy. And the X-Files being validated as a department of the FBI without any further stigma. But maybe that part is too much too ask for, lol
This will be nice too. But as a mother I cannot bring myself to think that just knowing he is happy and safe is enough. I want them to at least enjoy some family life they both want and deserve. I would love too if William became part of the investigative team somehow. Like in his school/college he keeps keep stumbling upon this weird happenings and calls mom and dad for help and guidance. What can I say I'm a HEA lover :p
Andromedastargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Master Fan

These images remind me a bit of the conversation that is going on in here.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I wonder if Mulder had ever thought about a wife or children before Scully.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

^ There was that episode when he imagined the life that could have been with Diane Fowley.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The X-Files

I keep thinking he really did marry Diana briefly before she left him for Europe or wherever she went. But I think maybe its fan fiction folklore. However, the brief marriage would make sense to me, how closed off Mulder was by the time Scully walked in.

I don't think he thought he was a "father" type til he started seeing Scully as a possible mother in the Home episode.
reason to believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

It wouldn't totally surprise me if he had been married to Diana before. He seemed to have a very strong connection to her, strong enough to create a bit of insecurities within Scully at least.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I agree that maybe he married Diana briefly and was planning on having a life with her probably before he found the X-files and had his regression to find out what happened to his sister. I can imagine his new obsession was what drove Diana away from him, it will also explain why it took him so long to accept his feelings for Scully. He already had two failed relationships with colleagues. Phoebe cheated on him and Diana left he probably was thinking that Scully was too smart and ambitious to stick with him and later when she was abducted and lost her sister and her opportunities to advance her career he was probably waiting for her to wake up and leave like Diana did before it was too late for her. But it turns out that she was more than on-board with his mission and even though they could have a family together. Maybe not a conventional one but a family nevertheless.
I do think that after Home 'conversation in the bench' the biggest change of heart for him was when Scully asked him to be the 'sperm donor' She was not afraid of tying herself to him even further and though they could make it work without leaving their passion. So I think Mulder finally embraced this strange life with Scully as more than a colleague. Ironically I think the last conversation before he got abducted in Requiem meant that he was willing to take step back from the X-files so they could maybe try the normal life for a while. Damn aliens getting in the way of our couple's happiness once again! :/
Andromedastargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

IMO S8 was the turning point for Mulder not the sperm donor thing. Remember, he knew he was very ill and thought he would propably die during that time. His intension in giving Scully the donor was to make her a gift, to leave something behind. This lastet till his ressurection in S8. After that he went through a new orientation and he finally embraced his family.
I 've never been convinced by the Fowley marriage thing. Maybe he married her shorthand for he didn't want to loose her. Maybe he felt that she would leave him and that's the reason why he did it. Scully never left hin, she jut changed location.
It still suprises me that Mulder wasn't more shocked after Diana's death.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Didn't Diana mention that she was with Mulder at the opening of the X-Files or something like that?
Sandra, I agree that Diana's death didn't devastate Mulder the way Scully's might have. Maybe it was to move the storyline along since that character had served her purpose and there was some closure in her death.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:07 PM
Loyal Fan

I think that Mulder wasn't in love with Diana anymore but this part of his life never had a closure and that hunted him. I think he finally forgave her and he realized that she couldn't be the partner he needed. He understood why she acted like that, forgave her her betrayal and gave them both peace.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Also, she ended up giving her life for his, so that must have made it a lot easier for him to forgive any prior betrayals.