Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

It's 2 am over here! I really should get to sleep.

And so I'm not totally off topic: I ♥ Doggett and Scully! (Thanks character map!)

Edit: Wooo! Page five! (And now I must go to sleep.)
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Page 5, woohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

And I changed my sig
Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I have this urge to make Scully/Doggett icon. I might do it later this week.

Congrats Hestia and Ju, you two have corrupted me If I want to make icons means I like them.

Ju. love ur sig
Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Does anyone know where I could find some good Sully/Doggett fanfic?

Raunchy or sweet?-- I'm cool with either.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG Kez you have a DSR icon too and it's soooo prettyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for some fic too I think I'm more of a "sweet fic" reader

Quote:
Congrats Hestia and Ju, you two have corrupted me If I want to make icons means I like them.
WOOHOOOOOOO, YAYYYYYYYY Hestia, we made it hun!!!!!!!!

Wanting to make icons definitely means something Neel Can't wait to see them, I'm so happy now!!!!!

my sig
Old 09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Dessler (View Post)

Yeh I couldn't help myself with the avi, it's just too gorgeous. I have a load of them saved on my computer so I'l change it every now and then.

I started to read a fanfic last night and I couldn't finish it, it was THAT gross.
It involved Doggett, Scully and CSM par taking in a raunch fest. TOGETHER!!

:spew:
Old 09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Yeh I couldn't help myself with the avi, it's just too gorgeous. I have a load of them saved on my computer so I'l change it every now and then.

I started to read a fanfic last night and I couldn't finish it, it was THAT gross.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WHAT??
Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Quote:
WHAT??
Exactly!!!
It was really disturbing!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel luvs tony (View Post)
I have this urge to make Scully/Doggett icon. I might do it later this week.

Ju. love ur sig
I love your sig too, Ju! Keep it for a while!

And hooray for corrupting the MSR innocents! Neel, please post your icons here if you make them. We'd love to see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:HumBug:. (View Post)
Does anyone know where I could find some good Sully/Doggett fanfic?

Raunchy or sweet?-- I'm cool with either.

Okay, I got three fic recommendations from my DSR gals over on another forum. I haven't read any of them because one is rated R, and the other two are rated NC-17.

"Sin Titulo" by Lisa K.

"Refuge" by Jenna Tooms
"Amun Ra" by L. M. Shard

If you read them, tell me how they are. I hope they're good! I'm going to have to face my fear eventually and read some smutty fics.

You know, I've discussed this with Ju, but I'll say it here: if we get to a second thread, I vow to read my first smutty fic from whoever posts the last post here... DSR *or* MSR! Would that serve as an incentive?

... Oh and YOU'VE GOT A DSR icon, Kez! I'm so proud of you! Hooray for sharing the DSR love! You're so awesome!
Old 09-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedHestia (View Post)
Okay, I got three fic recommendations from my DSR gals over on another forum. I haven't read any of them because one is rated R, and the other two are rated NC-17.

"Sin Titulo" by Lisa K.

"Refuge" by Jenna Tooms
"Amun Ra" by L. M. Shard

If you read them, tell me how they are. I hope they're good! I'm going to have to face my fear eventually and read some smutty fics.

You know, I've discussed this with Ju, but I'll say it here: if we get to a second thread, I vow to read my first smutty fic from whoever posts the last post here... DSR *or* MSR! Would that serve as an incentive?

... Oh and YOU'VE GOT A DSR icon, Kez! I'm so proud of you! Hooray for sharing the DSR love! You're so awesome!

I'll get straight into those fics, thanks HESTIA.
Oh and you are so on with that smutty fic thing!

And yes, I've got a DSR avi, and you'll see there's a mention of them in my sig too.
I couldn't help myself, I'm officially on the DSR dark side. (If it's dark..?)
Old 09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think it's dark

And Hestia, honey I'll keep the sig for a while, ok? I mean, it's time for people to stop looking at us like we're crazy, isn't it?

I'm gonna read those fics as soon as I can But....NC-17 isn't really my favorite kind of fic....it's usually so unrealistic It's like that with MSR, that actually got together, now I can only imagine what it's like for DSR, when nothing happened........let's see I'll let you know what I think

Maybe that's a good incentive Hestia and it's good that your first smutty fic can be either DSR or MSR, but, you know, like I said, smutty fics are not my kind....they smutty part is usually stupid, imo Everything is beautiful and ok, until you get all that totally unnecessary description of every single move......do we need that, really? You know, sometimes I'm reading a fic and I skip like 20 pages of that or I just lsoe interest and stop reading
The only fic I've read that didn't have that mistake, the only one that could deal with sex without being stupid or groos, or nonsense, was "A Winter's Tale" (MSR). BRILLIANTLY written
Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:HumBug:. (View Post)

Okay, I don't know how I missed this yesterday but 'EEEEWWWW' to the tenth degree! Did the summary give any warning or was the pairing just sprung at you? Dear God... this is why I avoid NC-17 fics. You never know.

Which brings me to this:

Quote:
I'm gonna read those fics as soon as I can But....NC-17 isn't really my favorite kind of fic....it's usually so unrealistic It's like that with MSR, that actually got together, now I can only imagine what it's like for DSR, when nothing happened........let's see I'll let you know what I think

Maybe that's a good incentive Hestia and it's good that your first smutty fic can be either DSR or MSR, but, you know, like I said, smutty fics are not my kind....they smutty part is usually stupid, imo Everything is beautiful and ok, until you get all that totally unnecessary description of every single move......do we need that, really? You know, sometimes I'm reading a fic and I skip like 20 pages of that or I just lsoe interest and stop reading
The only fic I've read that didn't have that mistake, the only one that could deal with sex without being stupid or groos, or nonsense, was "A Winter's Tale" (MSR). BRILLIANTLY written
NC-17 isn't my fave either. I haven't read any of those fics so if there's any kind of Mulder bashing, forgive me, Kez! I just relay the recommendations from those in the know!

The thing about smutty fics is that I prefer leaving things to my imagination and having things explained to me in graphic details with "Oh baby"s and "Harder!" make me cringe. I don't even know why, I mean, I watch Family Guy and even South Park on occasion. I can handle cursing and people talking about sex fairly graphically. I can even enjoy speedo pics without shutting my eyes and squealing (thanks to Mulder. ) I guess going full frontal is what gets me.
That and the lack of realism (Totally agree with you, Ju.) For me, sex is best left to the imagination (mine is overactive enough as it is! ) And if it must be done, please, please, please do it realistically! No 13 year old fangirls having them grunt out every curse known to man while crudely referring to their organs and bodily fluids... oh God what am I getting myself into!

BTW, I love your sig addition Kez! Sorry for not noticing it earlier! And spread the word on my intention to read my first NC-17 fic once this thread hits 300. Even if I have to do it kicking and screaming.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Kez
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedHestia (View Post)
Okay, I don't know how I missed this yesterday but 'EEEEWWWW' to the tenth degree! Did the summary give any warning or was the pairing just sprung at you? Dear God... this is why I avoid NC-17 fics. You never know.

The rating was R, and I can read them most of the time because it's sometimes just swearing.
So I thought I'd give it a go. The summery just said a normal lunch break in the X-Files basement, not too kinky right?
Well wasn't I wrong!
But I mean, who in their right mind would come up with something like that!?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hestia, the "oh baby", "Harder", and also "more, more" is what annoys me the most, I guess Seriously, do we NEED to read that?? And the organs and bodily fluids, hahahaha but the worst is the names they come up for those and how they describe every movement....that's just gross
And it's stupid like that for every fandom, I've read others like this for other couples. I remember a GSR one......can you imagine NC-17 for GSR?? But it would be ok, and I was doing great reading it until a "Griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissom" came along, that was too much

Anyway, back on topic, but still about fics, I just started reading the first one you linked So far, he's listening to "Crazy", (they say it's a Patsy Cline song, but I've only heard it performed by Julio Iglesias so that's the voice I have in my head while I read it ), and it's making me sad, because he feels stupid for having thought she could ever love him, but she never did

Can I quote?

Quote:
"I knew you'd love me as long as you wanted
And then someday, you'd leave me for somebody
new."

Well, that wasn't quite true was it? She had
certainly allowed him into her life, however
briefly, but she'd never loved him. Respected
him? Sure. Trusted him? Not as much as he would
have liked. Loved him? Hell, no! And she didn't
leave him for somebody new. It was, in fact,
somebody old