Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Hooray for closet DSR shippers! I'll definitely add you, Little_Stewie!

Ju, I was wondering if we could set a record for trying to see how many pages we can get in this thread with just the two of us posting. Hopefully the other "closet shippers" will come to venture a post on occassion.

In any case, I've got more observations on episodes if it helps people make a reply and add posts.

1. In Surekill, we get twin brothers who are killing drug dealers and stealing their money. The thing is, one of them is nearly blind and the other has some kind of x-ray vision. The brother with x-ray vision is in love with his brother's girlfriend and he spends all his time looking through her apartment building and watching her while she gets undressed and stuff. Some people (the brother's girlfriend) may think of it as romantic. Some people need to redefine what romance is. Unfortunately, even Scully would fit into this description when she gives a romantic soliloquy at the end. Doggett could've taken that moment to make his move or something but instead he leaves, looking nervous. Damnit, Doggett! Oh, did I mention a cute little scene where he sort of whispers into her ear, "Call in Clark Kent."

2. Terminator shout out! The episode Salvage deals with a metal man who takes revenge against his co-workers. Scully is a believer, as usual, and Doggett is skeptical as usual. I caught another Superman reference in this one: "he's going to act and think like [a man] even if he is more powerful than a speeding locomotive." These two look kick ass when they trap the metal man and try and protect the scientist. In the end, the metal man stops killing and commits metal man suicide by crushing himself in one of those car crushers you find in a junk yard.

3. Some nice banter between our agents in Badlaa. Doggett teases Scully regarding paranormal theories and Scully reassures him when they find a supposed child print in blood. It's actually the print of a little person. A little person from India with no legs who has weird mystic powers and uses them for revenge. Along with nice banter we get some disagreement with Doggett stubbornly refusing to keep an open mind. Come on, Doggett. He does see some weird stuff later on and warns Scully that their Indian man may be on the loose. In the end, Scully breaks down for not being more like Mulder and Doggett tries to comfort her with his tough guy rationalism. I guess it's too early in the partnership for a comforting hug.

4. There's no Scully in this episode so we must concentrate on Doggett and his efforts to find Mulder. That's right, Mulder is in this episode,The Gift, (in flashbacks). We're getting closer and closer until these guys meet and an all-out fight breaks out. I can't wait! I really like how dedicated Doggett is to finding Mulder for his partner. Even if you don't ship them, you can see that they're pretty much friends by now, especially when Doggett covers for Scully, going against his by-the-book instincts to keep her name from being dragged through the mud. Very loyal and nice on his part. Love you, Dog-bird!

5. Because jellyfish look kind of like little medusas, this episode was titled Medusa. Yes, today's monster of the week were weird, jellyfish-like creatures. While Doggett is fine with being Scully's "eyes and ears", Scully deals with a pushy deputy chief in her communication station. Doggett and a team of others check the subway tunnels where a mysterious chemical is eating away at people and eventually, Doggett gets infected. Doggett braves it out because he's a tough cookie and he alludes to Scully being the one in charge when everyone else wants to leave the tunnel. Aww, he won't leave unless Scully tells him to. (Oh! I love his little line about hearing her clearly "like a song bird". First Dog-bird and now song bird? That would make a cute ship name. ) We get some sorta-worried Scully and day-saving Doggett but I must say that the last scene in the hospital is the best, D/S wise. Doggett trying to be modest when he's in his hospital gown and Scully's little smile of amusement; so fun and cute! Then when he's upset their evidence was cleaned up, Scully gives him a "totally know how you feel" look and the two resolve to go home.

Edited: Oh! I made it to page 2! Yay!

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 07-21-2008 at 11:23 PM Reason: A silly celebration of making it to a new page
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh YAY, page 2!!!!!! Way to go, Hestia!

I'm gonna be traveling for some days so you keep the D/S love while I'm away, ok?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi!

Can I be added to the list, please?

I'll admit I'm a faithful M&S shipper but after seeing my recap of seasons 8&9 (and completely bypassing the "super-soldiers" plot-line) along with the videos posted on here and then some on YouTube I have to be honest and admit that I have a HUGE/GINOURMOUS spot for D&S whether it's the partnership, the friendship or the 'romance' I just love the Scully/Doggett interaction. Also Robert and Gillian are so cute... I love the S8 and S9 outtakes/bloopers.

BTW the "What Hurts The Most" video actually brought out a nostalgic side of me something that rarely happens with favids.

P.S. Hestia I love your little re-caps and after reading some I'm starting to wonder what if... no Mulder no Reyes... *runs off to read some DSR fanfic*
Yasmin
Old 07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Ju, it'll be tough keeping this thread on the first page but hopefully other shippers will come and post so I'm not alone.

Like I*Felt*Your*Abscence! Welcome, hun! I think Neel has already taken care of adding you to the list (she's totally intrigued by this ship. I'll just give her more time. ). Hooray for Youtube and revisiting the last two seasons that seem to get a bad wrap, plot-wise!

I love that video, 'What Hurts The Most'. Combining MSR and DSR in one amazing angsty and unrequited love package!

You read my recaps? Even if one person reads them it's totally worth it! Thank you! (And if you find some good, non-smutty fanfic, I'd love to check it out!)

I wonder if my recaps have the power to turn MSR shippers into multi-shippers. That would be amazing!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Like I*Felt*Your*Abscence! Welcome, hun! I think Neel has already taken care of adding you to the list (she's totally intrigued by this ship. I'll just give her more time. ). Hooray for Youtube and revisiting the last two seasons that seem to get a bad wrap, plot-wise!

And I am relying on your re-caps to tell me about season 8 and 9. Cos I haven't seen most of the episodes

Quote:
You read my recaps? Even if one person reads them it's totally worth it! Thank you! (And if you find some good, non-smutty fanfic, I'd love to check it out!)
I read them too

Some promo pics

Old 08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Made something for the OP

Old 08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh Neel... They're both beautiful! *sniff* They're most definitely going in the OP! (So much prettiness! )

And as long as we're sharing, back when I was on my X-Files/MSR sabbatical, I also made two little fanarts:

So... what do you think?

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 08-16-2008 at 11:17 PM
Old 08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I love them...

The second one is so cool It's going in the OP

The first one, I don't remember that scene what episode is it from??
Old 08-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Master Fan

The Scully holding his arm banner? It's from Daemonicus. The episode where the crazy guy tells us Doggett totally Luuuuuvs Scully! And then like three or four episodes later he falls for Monica or something. That was a bit odd...

Haha, I'm slowly making you like D/S through my fanart and persuasion! (And even if I'm not, thanks for the comment! I wasn't sure if it would be as good as the ones from the DSR site.)

Last edited by Veiled Vesta; 08-16-2008 at 11:25 PM Reason: So I don't sound so cocky!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedHestia (View Post)
The Scully holding his arm banner? It's from Daemonicus. The episode where the crazy guy tells us Doggett totally Luuuuuvs Scully! And then like three or four episodes later he falls for Monica or something. That was a bit odd...
Really?? I haven't seen this episode (most of them really )

Quote:
Haha, I'm making you like D/S through my fanart! (Thanks for the comment. I wasn't sure if it would be as good as the ones from the DSR site.)
You actually are I am a bit by myself I didn't watch S9 when they first aired it, now I don't know if I'll ever get to watch it

Where are the recaps btw??
Old 08-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Master Fan

^ Seriously? Woooo! Now I've got two people to talk to in here if I get back in the mood to do some D/S chatting!

And since you haven't seen the episode, here's some of the quote that follows that scene. (It takes place in the crazy guy's room. In an insane asylum. Vaguely Hannibal Lector-esque):

Crazy Guy (Kobold): I've been thinking a lot about you, Agent Doggett.
Doggett: You're not answering my question, Professor.
Crazy Guy (Kobold): About why someone so ill-suited would draw this duty. Clearly, you have feelings for her.
Doggett: You ordered Dr. Richmond to kill these people, didn't you?
Crazy Guy (Kobold): But you can't compete with the long-lost Agent Mulder. With his easy good looks, his Oxford education.
Doggett: This is about you, Professor.
Crazy Guy (Kobold): Mulder has what you can't have. What you stumble for. The flat-footed cop, thinking he could put handcuffs on a demon.
Doggett: Answer the question!
Crazy Guy (Kobold): You want her, but she feels sorry for you. They both do.

... Eeee! I love that exchange! But I cannot get into too many details. That's for my episode summaries, which I will get around to. Eventually. And when I do, I'll let you know the important parts of season 9, Neel.

It's just so weird and frustrating that they started as if they were gonna try some interesting love triangle/crush thing with Doggett and Scully then decided to pair him up with Reyes so there wouldn't be any tension. But why? She didn't have to fall for him. A little bit of UST between them... I mean, the poor gal needs some kind of attention since Mulder is gone!

I wanted that tension, Carter! Why did you dangle the possibility in front of me only to yank it away!?

Seems that when it comes to making shippers miserable, he's an equal opportunity jerk.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hestia, you're online!!!

I missed this thread and I was looking for it, thanks for bringing it up again, and YAY for one more person for us to talk to!!!

Quote:
Crazy Guy (Kobold): I've been thinking a lot about you, Agent Doggett.
Doggett: You're not answering my question, Professor.
Crazy Guy (Kobold): About why someone so ill-suited would draw this duty. Clearly, you have feelings for her.
Doggett: You ordered Dr. Richmond to kill these people, didn't you?
Crazy Guy (Kobold): But you can't compete with the long-lost Agent Mulder. With his easy good looks, his Oxford education.
Doggett: This is about you, Professor.
Crazy Guy (Kobold): Mulder has what you can't have. What you stumble for. The flat-footed cop, thinking he could put handcuffs on a demon.
Doggett: Answer the question!
Crazy Guy (Kobold): You want her, but she feels sorry for you. They both do
Oh my GOD, I've been looking for these quotes forever, thank youuuuuuuu SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd seen that scene in one of the videos I posted and couldn't find what episode it was, and now I dod, yay!

Quote:
It's just so weird and frustrating that they started as if they were gonna try some interesting love triangle/crush thing with Doggett and Scully then decided to pair him up with Reyes so there wouldn't be any tension. But why? She didn't have to fall for him. A little bit of UST between them... I mean, the poor gal needs some kind of attention since Mulder is gone!
I totally agree You know, I really wanted to like Dogget/Reyes, because it would be so much easier, and our fellow MSR friends wouldn't wanna throw things at us and all.... But so far, I can't...I just don't see, maybe I will when I get to really watch the seasons. All I've seen of them is some videos, and when I watched them I actually enjoyed it, BUT it was before I watched the DSR ones. After the DSR ones, aw

And I also think they could have used the tension of a triangle, that would have been so interesting to me, I really wanted to know what Mulder would do. He clearly wasn't very fond of Dogget anyway And like you said, she didn't have to fall for him too. Actually one of the things I like about season 8, what I've seen of it and their interaction, is how she seems to be aware of his feelings and how sad it is that she obviously doesn't feel the same way about him - and he doesn't expect her to So sad but so beautiful at the same time, I love watching it
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this thread back to life Hestia!!!!!

Quote:
That's for my episode summaries, which I will get around to. Eventually. And when I do, I'll let you know the important parts of season 9, Neel.
Do you have those summaries already? I'd looooooooove to read them!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Dessler (View Post)
Bringing this thread back to life Hestia!!!!!

Do you have those summaries already? I'd looooooooove to read them!!!!!!!!!
Ju!!! You do realize that you're pushing me off the wagon, right? I've been making nice comments about MSR in all the game threads and I've been thinking about posting in the shipper thread again (but my RP infatuation kept me from doing so)... and now you've revived the DSR thread! Now my mind is gonna switch into DSR mode... again! Oh, I can't stay away from these two, no matter how hard I try. Thank you, hun!

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the episode summaries done. It's been so long since I've watched the last episode! I've meaning to start 'em up again but school obligations keep sidetracking me. My early New Years Resolution is to finish up the summaries (for both the MSR thread and this one) and get more pages in this thread.

I also have some new sites to link to the first page. How exciting!

How are you, Ju, hun?
Old 09-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hestia!!! am I becoming a bad influence to you, hun?

I think it's totally ok to switch from MSR to DSR mode, that's what being a multi-shipper is

I'm fine, how are you dear?