Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 11:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I just got to watch it then and I absolutely loved it.

The feel of the show was exactly the same, and my confused state was as strong as it ever was whenever I watch these mythology episodes. Just like old times .

The reveal from CSM made me scream at the television I will admit, and I am really bummed about Monica being with CSM. I really liked her friendship with Scully, so I hope all is not as it appears there.

My excitement level was pretty low about this season, but this episode has wet my appetite for more. I actually got goosebumps when the opening credits started. I am glad they continue to keep the original version.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with finding William. I am officially X Files obsessed again .
Old 01-06-2018, 12:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlover73 (View Post)
I just got to watch it then and I absolutely loved it.

The feel of the show was exactly the same, and my confused state was as strong as it ever was whenever I watch these mythology episodes. Just like old times .

The reveal from CSM made me scream at the television I will admit, and I am really bummed about Monica being with CSM. I really liked her friendship with Scully, so I hope all is not as it appears there.

My excitement level was pretty low about this season, but this episode has wet my appetite for more. I actually got goosebumps when the opening credits started. I am glad they continue to keep the original version.

Looking forward to seeing what happens with finding William. I am officially X Files obsessed again .
Thank you so much for your review! I read many negative posts on the net and I'm a bit sad about it. Just one episode aired yet and people claim it a bad season just because they didn't like that twist or found the first episode lame. Hey, it's the XFiles! We waited for this two years long. Have a bit confidence! We learnt right from the beginning to trust no one, that especially includes CSM. I've the feeling some people are more negative and aggressive these days and impatient. We should enjoy and be glad that we got these 10 new episodes again to look forward to.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Thank you so much for your review! I read many negative posts on the net and I'm a bit sad about it. Just one episode aired yet and people claim it a bad season just because they didn't like that twist or found the first episode lame. Hey, it's the XFiles! We waited for this two years long. Have a bit confidence! We learnt right from the beginning to trust no one, that especially includes CSM. I've the feeling some people are more negative and aggressive these days and impatient. We should enjoy and be glad that we got these 10 new episodes again to look forward to.
My pleasure . I haven't really read others people's opinions because fans do tend to be negative with this show, I guess because they are so invested and have high expectations.

I am at a point now where my investment has eased back a bit and I am open to whatever they want to give me, as long as it's entertaining and makes some kind of sense. I was thoroughly entertained and was disappointed when it ended.

A question...how did Spender end up looking after the adoption of William . Have I forgotten something. Did we already know this??
Old 01-06-2018, 02:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
A question...how did Spender end up looking after the adoption of William . Have I forgotten something. Did we already know this??
What I know is that Spender searched for William in S9 and that he injected him the metal alloy to calm down his powers so that CSM carn't find him. But how he ended up being is watchdog...no idea.

It's totally okay to have exspectations but we have to trust CC and the cast with that. I'm still a great fan and a few years ago I couldn't imagine watching TXF again for I thought it's over. Now we got two more seasons and I'm grateful for that and think positive.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I remember CC saying after season 10 that he thinks that fans have forgotten what the X-Files is, and while that might be perceived as him being overtly defensive, honestly I think he has a point. Like watch a past mythology episode such as say Redux, and you wonder why fans are moaning about oh the CC mythology episodes now have too many long monologues and exposition, umm that’s just the show. The X-Files has ALWAYS been like that when they deal with the myth arc
Old 01-06-2018, 04:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
I remember CC saying after season 10 that he thinks that fans have forgotten what the X-Files is, and while that might be perceived as him being overtly defensive, honestly I think he has a point. Like watch a past mythology episode such as say Redux, and you wonder why fans are moaning about oh the CC mythology episodes now have too many long monologues and exposition, umm that’s just the show. The X-Files has ALWAYS been like that when they deal with the myth arc
That's exactly the point! TXF have always been like that, especially the mythology episodes. And as complicated as the episodes were, they were always very exciting, especially when you watch the cliffhangers in a row and not separate. It makes a big difference if you watch episodes of a myth arc with interruption (one episode a week) or coherently.
And TXF really had some of the best monologues ever. I remember the intro of "Trust no one" (season 9), so damn beautiful.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
That's exactly the point! TXF have always been like that, especially the mythology episodes. And as complicated as the episodes were, they were always very exciting, especially when you watch the cliffhangers in a row and not separate. It makes a big difference if you watch episodes of a myth arc with interruption (one episode a week) or coherently.
And TXF really had some of the best monologues ever. I remember the intro of "Trust no one" (season 9), so damn beautiful.
Exactly. Chris Carter lives for a good monologue and I liked the ones in this Ep, especially CSM's at the beginning. This episode was as complicated as ever but highly entertaining. I don't really know what people are complaining about.

Also very happy that Skinner is heavily involved. Wouldn't be the same without him.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

I know the previous episode was all a vision. But what happened to CSM’s tracheotomy, or the half mask he wore to hide his disfigurement?

Small nitpick, I know. But I thought CC was better at continuity than this.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

^
Would't he have access to Alien technology, helping him heal???

Quote:
Good point! We tend to forget Mythology was always crazy....I guess it just felt new and cool at the time!

Quote:
I actually got goosebumps when the opening credits started. I am glad they continue to keep the original version.
Very true!!!

Quote:
True, but Mulder's monologues while driving in 'My Struggle III' came off as weird, imo. That seemed an unnecessary plot device by the writers, imo. But it's all good....

Quote:
What I know is that Spender searched for William in S9 and that he injected him the metal alloy to calm down his powers so that CSM carn't find him. But how he ended up being is watchdog...no idea.
Wow, another storyline I seem to have forgotten about!!!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

You win this round, Stewie. But I’ll be back.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
True, but Mulder's monologues while driving in 'My Struggle III' came off as weird, imo. That seemed an unnecessary plot device by the writers, imo. But it's all good....
I know what you mean. Usually the monologues were more compact at the beginning or the end of the Episode. But what I found interesting was that one got a glimpse of his feelings of guilt towards Scully. Maybe also an aspect that led him into depression in the past. That was new but also interesting.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

He could've just talked to himself aloud, while driving....I do this all the time.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
He could've just talked to himself aloud, while driving....I do this all the time.
^ me too I'm pretty sure Mulder must do that habit.

Finally home and catching up on sleep/jet lag and I'm gonna watch the episode today
Old 01-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Or he recorded his monologue in advanced and played it while driving in the car. Booyah!
Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Imagine MS III would have been a musical version, that would have been so much fun!