Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Btw, at the beginning of 'My Struggle III' the CSM introduced himself with his 'real' name....something German-sounding like Carl Gerhard Busch, or something. Have we ever heard this name before?

Actually, I feel like 'My Struggle III' was a dream sequence, more than last season's finale. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
Btw, at the beginning of 'My Struggle III' the CSM introduced himself with his 'real' name....something German-sounding like Carl Gerhard Busch, or something. Have we ever heard this name before?

Actually, I feel like 'My Struggle III' was a dream sequence, more than last season's finale. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this way.
Does anyone remember the name that stood at the office door when Scully came to find him with Mulder at the end of "En Ami"?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Spender, C.G.B. (= Carl Gerhard Busch!!!)

Old 01-05-2018, 03:23 AM
Elite Fan

We’ve known about C.G.B since season 6.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

Haha, really? Can you remind me when his original name was revealed?

I guess that's the problem with a show that spreads over a quarter of a century.....it's hard to remember certain details!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:30 AM
Elite Fan

Episodes Two Fathers, One Son.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:39 AM
Master Fan

Okay, after googling around a bit I get the impression that all we knew before 'My Struggle III' were his initials CGB, correct? The full name was only revealed 'en passant' during the opening scenes of 'My Struggle III', agreed? Oh, well my memory sucks, apparently.

This article seems to agree:
http://www.vulture.com/2018/01/the-x...uggle-iii.html

This one's more vague:
The X-Files confirms Cigarette Smoking Man's real name and his shocking true identity
Old 01-05-2018, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

S6 just revealed the initials. Not the name.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

His full name hasn’t been revealed before

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
I think a final movie could happen some time after this season to make a final conclusion.

I would prefer a conclusion after this in a good way instead of expanding this again and again in a worse and artificial way, maybe even without the original cast. Mulder AND Scully ARE the x Files. A separation is not possible. So they should leave it that way.

I think a third movie would be a really nice way of wrapping the franchise up, and who knows Gillian could probably be talked into a one-off film, as opposed to another 10 episode series. Whatever happens, I don’t think they will try and go on without both Mulder and Scully anyway, CC said recently that he would only do the X-Files with both of them
Old 01-05-2018, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
His full name hasn’t been revealed before
That's what made it so weird.....CSM mentioned his real name for the 1st time in 'My Struggle III', as if it wasn't a big deal, lol.

He felt unusually threatened by (Scully and William) too. That seemed unusual.
Old 01-05-2018, 05:50 AM
Elite Fan

Meh I didn't care for this episode at all but a lot of reviewers said this was the worst episode of the season for them so I still have hope.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
Meh I didn't care for this episode at all but a lot of reviewers said this was the worst episode of the season for them so I still have hope.
Well we don't know the rest of the season yet, right? And it's a 10 ep. season
The MOTW episodes are predicted to be really good! I'm looking forward to it.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I want Mulder to be William's father
Old 01-05-2018, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Stewie (View Post)
He felt unusually threatened by (Scully and William) too. That seemed unusual.
That's right! And that is one of the reasons why I don't believe CSM. He wants William, no doubt. He wants him as much as the syndicate wants him. But not out of personal reasons (father feelings) but more...it feels as if William could safe him. Maybe William is a weapon and that's why both sides want him in order to fight each other.

People are so shocked about the CSM twist that they don't recognize other aspects. For example the point Monica mentions: CSM reacts as if he loves Scully. That this could be the case wasn't so clear for me before that. He is very sure that Scully is with him at the end. It seems as if CSM starts to become insane. Like Hitler did. He sees the world in a way he wants to see it and he doesn't reflect his thoughts anymore. The reality is so much different than that. And that makes him even more dangerous and unpredictable than before.
Old 01-05-2018, 06:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Well we don't know the rest of the season yet, right? And it's a 10 ep. season
The MOTW episodes are predicted to be really good! I'm looking forward to it.
True

All I know is a few reviewers got access to a lot of the season and say the first would likely be the weakest and the MOTW will be the strongest. I loved the mytharc episodes a lot better during the original run but doing a rewatch the mtg episodes honestly don't hold up as well