Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2018, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Mulder moved me this episode. DD did a wonderful acting.

Especially the sentence: "What am I if not a father?"

All of the time he kept his feelings for William back. An he seems to question the meaning of his existence now...the sense of his life (now he's older, the truth is found, the world saved, the X Files closed...) I could really feel his pain...
Old 03-23-2018, 03:12 AM
Master Fan

^
I loved that sentence too. It was a strong moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
A lot of this didn’t make much sense or have any plausibility (even tho with X-Files that was almost always the points ). But Scully sure got over William fast after 17 years of Mother angst, all of a sudden he’s an experiment and it’s ok cause they got a second chance at another child! But with her alien DNA, and her advanced age for having a child, I wouldn’t jump up and down over the second baby’s chances at being not-William-like too! Poor Mulder didn’t have much of a chance with William and it looks like they are still half brothers anyway!

And I don’t think anyone died, except Monica and I must have blinked cause I didn’t see her die? Skinner is not dead, so that’s my theory CSM should be dead, but if a missed fire explosion didn’t do it, how can a couple of bullets to the chest? And no surprise William is probably immune to anything. But he’s kinda scary cause so far, he reacts violently to everything so who knows what the future of him to the world will be
That summarizes it well, I agree. What strikes me is that CC always decides to open a couple of new cans of worms, no matter how hilarious, instead of fixing all the mess that already exists inhis universe. Oh yeah, let's get rid of William and replace him with yet another unexplained, impossible baby. I feel sorry for M&S....they must be so confused!!!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I’m not sure about making Mulder and Scully new parents again at this stage in their lives, I was always sad for them in season 10 because after the loss of William it felt like they had lost their chance and it was too late for them to raise a family after that. Starting all over again with a newborn baby in their 50’s is kind of weird, but other people have done it I guess

Just brushing off the loss of William with a new baby is very strange though after all those episodes spend on their regrets at losing him, Scully was the biological mother still and raised him for the first year of his life, so he’s more than just an experiment
Old 03-23-2018, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

It makes no sense. Sometimes CC frustrates me so much. It's like they took back all the character development of S10 and S11 and went back to S9....why?
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Well yes that was very confusing, and I am very surprised that they kept CSM as William's father. I thought that was a red herring for sure.

I feel a bit meh about the finale, shocked at the pregnancy though. Pretty great acting all round. The heartbreak DD portrayed when he realised how easily it was for his own father to shoot "him" was beautifully done.

And what of the contagion? Is it just problem solved now with CSM's apparent death...yet again.

Anyway I have thorough enjoyed having these episodes. Thanks for having me .

Guess we will have to see if there is anymore. I wouldn't complain.
Old 03-25-2018, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep the finale is what it is lol, but we definitely had had some great MotW episodes this season still. We were very lucky to see Mulder and Scully working on the X-Files again all these years later, I can’t wait to purchase the DVD