Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yay! I'll have to bookmark that.

I'm watching the series. I used to watch it when it was still on tv, and the other day I caught the movie and realized that I had no idea what was going on so I went and found the 2 seasons and movie and I'm making my way through it. I can't believe I forgot how hilarious it was.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Good deal! I loved Jimmy, he was such an idiot! But loved how he stole the scene each time. I've been trying to rewatch some of it to get back in the flow. I've not watched it in years.

darylbeth
Old 05-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry, but I'm having a total blank on who Jimmy is. I think I've forgotten him and he hasn't appeared yet on my rewatch.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

He doesn't appear til episode 'Bond, Jimmy Bond'

here is a description i found for him -
Jimmy was the perfect compliment to the gunmen for a couple of reasons. For one, he was a true believer who wore his heart on his sleeve. His motivation really was to do good. More importantly from a structure standpoint, he represented the viewer. The gunmen all knew and, for the most part, believed the same things. They didn't have a lot of reason to expound on those things. With Jimmy in the picture though, they had to explain things. As he learned, we learned. He also served as a possible romantic interest for Yves, something we got peeks at, but ultimately a story there wasn't time to tell.

darylbeth
Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

He was pretty hilarious. Total facepalm when he asked Mulder about probing, could not stop laughing.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

I thought we were still talking about 'Dead Like Me' so I was so confused. But now I understand.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've never seen the show, might see if I can get it on amazon next payday. I love the Lone Gunmen! I don't remember it being on TV, unless maybe it was on a cable channel

Old 05-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Kenton (View Post)
I thought we were still talking about 'Dead Like Me' so I was so confused. But now I understand.

hahahaha so bad......i lose my attention very quickly

but no dead like me rocks, season one was my favorite by far. season two wasn't bad, but nothing like the first season. the movie had its good moments, but was slightly lacking. but all in all still a good watch

darylbeth
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimimich (View Post)
I've never seen the show, might see if I can get it on amazon next payday. I love the Lone Gunmen! I don't remember it being on TV, unless maybe it was on a cable channel

Awwww. No it was on Fox also. Didn't even last a full season only got 13 episodes then was axed. They ended up killing them off on The X-files to end their story. Very sad. I enjoyed them.

darylbeth
Old 05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was so gutted the killed them off. I was pretty annoyed as well :angry: Poor blokes didn't deserve it! They were my favourite characters after M&S

Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

ITA!

But then again I'm happy they closed their story, unlike Reyes and Doggett where they left us in the dark on what happened after 'The Truth'. Regardless of how they ended them, atleast we have closure.

darylbeth
Old 06-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Very true. And didn't someone say no one really dies in the X-Files...?

Old 06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Very true. There are always ways people are brought back. Although I don't CC being that kind to us.

Sadly their fanbase wasn't anywhere as good as the x-files, and with that fox put them on the chopping block.

darylbeth
Old 06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but Fox is so terrible about advertising their new shows. I'm sure if they had given it enough time, then it would've worked out well. I don't remember it being on tv at all, but I would've totally watched it if I knew! Fox just sucks like that.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

amen! i loved this show, enjoyed it greatly and still do. Another good one was Wonderfalls. I loved that show. stupid fox

darylbeth