Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved these guys. I think I remember reading somewhere that they were killed off. *sniff*

dawsonandjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, the Gunmen were killed off in the X-files ep in season 9 called "Jump the shark".
Old 09-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by C&L shipper
You're lucky!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!
I shall - only a few weeks until I meet them - will update you on what the guys are like in real life
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
PVCscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

PVCscully- An update would be wonderful!!!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

I got this from a friend on XPFC who went to Dragon*Con in Atlanta:
Quote:
I got to see Dean Haglund (Ringo Langly) twice. First, in a question and answer panel and then he opened up a session of "Whose Line Is It Anyway" by doing his improv bit where he pulls people out of the audience to act out an episode of XF. In the panel discussion, someone asked him about the second XF movie. He said yes, CC and one of the other writers (can't remember which right now) are working on a script that he said will be darker than the episode "Home". He then said that the talks between CC and FOX are really interesting because THEY HATE EACH OTHER!

Someone asked him what his feelings were about the Lone Gunmen being killed off. He said he actually liked that they went out in a blaze of glory. But he then went on to say that there was a very subtle clue at the end of Jump the Shark. The three coffins for the Gunman were all the same size. Apparently haz-mat coffins are supposed to be fitted to the size of the dearly departed. Since one of the Gunmen is much shorter, that was supposed to be a hint that possibly they weren't actually in those coffins, but were actually alive. As for the final episode, he's not clear if in the Gunmen's appearance there was a hallucination, a vision, a ghostly visitation or something else.

His improv XF episode was, once again, a scream. I and the rest of the audience laughed so hard. I saw him do this at the XF Expo back in 1998, and it was even funnier than I remember. Oh, one more thing. He's cut his hair. He did it as part of a standup routine about six months ago. It took me a minute to realize it was him when I first saw him.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah, the Gunmen were killed off in the X-files ep in season 9 called "Jump the shark".
I know...that pissed me off I just pretend that Season 9 never happened so Scully didn't give William up and The Lone Gunmen are still alive and kicking. Season 9 pretty much sucked anyway, IMHO.

But the Lone Gunmen RULE!!!

Spike did what Angel never could...he stuck around.
Cloudburst2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

DevotedFanOfMatt- Thanks for posting the stuff that Dean said.

I like that TLGM could still be living!!!!! I was so mad when they "died"!!!!!

The quote from Dean tho, has given me renewed happiness and optimism!!!!!!! Byers and Susanne may have got their Someday after all!!!!!!!

All the news about the new movie was great to hear as well!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

He cut his hair you mean Langly doesn't look so hippyish anymore

Old 10-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i thought the last TLGM episode was of them being killed???

gawd its been so long I've forgotten!!

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

The Gunmen series aired in between season 8 and 9 of The X-files. The Gunmen died about 4 eps from the end of Season 9. Their show was long over at that time.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Do you all remember that LG episode that had Frohike doing Matrix-like moves and stuff...they were like trying to convince someone that they were in a computer program or something. Anyway, Frohike was just connected to cables which was why he was able to do the Matrix-moves, and then the cables got tangelled or something and he was like flying all over the place? That was majorly funny

Old 10-07-2004, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudburst2000
Do you all remember that LG episode that had Frohike doing Matrix-like moves and stuff...they were like trying to convince someone that they were in a computer program or something. Anyway, Frohike was just connected to cables which was why he was able to do the Matrix-moves, and then the cables got tangelled or something and he was like flying all over the place? That was majorly funny
oh yea, i remember that....i laughed my butt off...that was a great moment.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Well, here's the report as promised. Yesterday, I met the Lone Gunmen at London Expo, a signing/collector's event where the guests signed autographs, did talks, answered questions and generally got to meet their fans. I met all three of the LG, their talk was excellent, the guys were really nice and had a great sense of humour.

Here are some pics - bit disappointed with the quality of some of them, but they're good reminders anyway!

If you've got any questions about my meeting with TLG then let me know!

I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

PVCscully- Thanks for the pics and overview of the expo!!!!!! The pics are great!!!!!!

Could you tell us what the guys said in their talk?????

What souvenirs did you get, if any?????

Did the guys talk about the possibility of TLG still being alive?????

Sorry to ask so many questions. It just I’m very curious.

Thanks so very much!!!!!!!:rose:
Old 10-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Glad you asked the questions, they were an entertaining trio!

Could you tell us what the guys said in their talk?????

They talked about the DVD box set being released in time for Xmas and that they were about to film a commentary for the show. Dean Haglund talked about his hair (a major talking point!), Tom shared his thoughts on his ability to switch from AD on the show to being an actor - Bruce talked about Byers and his suits, and that Byers just seemed like the kind of guy who wanted to look immaculate every day!

Apparently, after filming EBE and a couple of their earlier episodes, they only thought they'd be limited guest stars and didn't expect to come back in the show. Hence the fact Dean would throw his props glasses away, and have to wear new ones in each episode. But then the series took off, TLG had their spin off and the rest is history!

What souvenirs did you get, if any?????

I got some photos I took myself, a group shot of the three of them personally signed to me by all three of them, and I bought a professionally-developed photo of the four of us all together

Did the guys talk about the possibility of TLG still being alive?????

They talked about being killed off in the XF, and that they liked the fact that the characters went out in a blaze of glory. They said they would have hated it if the characters hadn't been mentioned towards the end of the show - they didn't mind being killed off, because it was dramatic
Also, Dean suggested that as nothing is ever as it seems with XF/TLG, that who knows if they're really dead
Reply   Post New Thread