Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2018, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm not as negtive as many of the fans seem to be. It was a constant season with many good episodes. But the final was a dissapointment. Many fans don 't like the idea of a (again) pregnant Scully but I totally go with that. I love that M&S are a couple again and that they have the possibility to share parenthood now. But the whole William storyline wasn't good. Maybe the idea was to bring him back someday to reunite with his mother but given that it should be a closure season CC dealt terrible with it.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
It's was kind of funny GA posted a Scully face palm on her Twitter about the way the X-Files ended. But funny how she even managed to get the fans to actually agree she should hang up Scully's hat. She's a versatile actress and just came back for maybe nostalgia or whatever but they pushed too hard and were kind of disrespectful to not let her know where this was all heading to or I'm sure she would have not gone as far as she did to have to do the final My Struggle episodes!
!
I can understand GA. There were a lot of good episodes...but MS3 and 4 didn't do much for her character. More seasons mean more mythology and these episodes loose quality. You have to ask youself at a point how much respect you have for your character. And IMO GA has a lot respect for Scully.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
I'm not as negtive as many of the fans seem to be. It was a constant season with many good episodes. But the final was a dissapointment. Many fans don 't like the idea of a (again) pregnant Scully but I totally go with that. I love that M&S are a couple again and that they have the possibility to share parenthood now. But the whole William storyline wasn't good. Maybe the idea was to bring him back someday to reunite with his mother but given that it should be a closure season CC dealt terrible with it.
I feel the same way, I was happy with it ending with Mulder and Scully having another baby I guess, but I’m not happy with how quickly they tried to wrap up the William storyline after all that time spend on it. It didn’t feel emotionally honest for Scully to dismiss him as just an experiment, and that he was never really hers
Old 03-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
I feel the same way, I was happy with it ending with Mulder and Scully having another baby I guess, but I’m not happy with how quickly they tried to wrap up the William storyline after all that time spend on it. It didn’t feel emotionally honest for Scully to dismiss him as just an experiment, and that he was never really hers
I have the feeling that CC wanted to express that Scully knew that William is still alive (telepathic connection) and that it was Williams wish to be let alone then. Something he told her that way. And she respected that. She has born him, but in his point of view she isn't automatically his mother.

But how can we know that this was CC intention? There is so much unshown and unsaid. We can just pretend that way and need much more 'material' to deal with. Maybe it would have been better to reduce the long action scenes in order to make a better character explanation and invest the time in the last ten minutes of the episode.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhh, spoilers... I'll return when I have watched season 11

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you can soon, Kia! So long waiting for you.,

I like this little behind the scenes story from an extra on the “Hollywood A.D.” set when they were watching the movie!

Quote:
G’s enchanting personality while filming Hollywood A.D., for lebeeson! “Gillian looked fabulous of course,” continues Little Star. “She was wearing a sleeveless black dress and had her hair back in an adorable, black, sparkly headband. It may have been a ribbon since it was shoe-string thin. Shortly after Gillian had come in to film her scenes, David told the extras when to clap and cheer. Unfortunately, most of us couldn’t hear him. So David and Gillian did their lines and David as Mulder stormed out of the theatre. It was silent. So Gillian turned to us and said ‘Clap, guys, clap’ which we then, of course, proceeded to do. I wish you could hear how she said it because it was just too damn cute! She also kept giggling.”
Old 04-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just Holding Hands · Gillian Anderson talking about Scully’s pregnancy

It sounds to me like she wasn’t happy with the ending because she sees it as a way of ending it on a cliffhanger, and thus pressuring her to return? At least that’s what I got from her sounding unhappy and saying that the ending was a surprise when she had been saying for so long before that she wouldn’t do any more, obviously she only returned in the first place because season 10 ends on a cliffhanger, so my take is that she was expecting season 11 to end on a bigger moment of closure for the characters when she agreed to return?
Old 04-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, she can’t even say anything other than “it was a surprise” and sighing

It’s kind of depressing cause she’s disappointed in how the closure for Agent Scully has ended up being, I think she was hoping for something more than family domestication or maybe she can’t even beleive how Scully can be pregnant in her 50’s.

Well, I would her for returning for two late seasons in the first place cause she has grown so much as an actress in her work since, she probably came back as a favour to CC and perhaps the fans for nostalgia purposes and she did it well.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like how she signed this mag for a fan with “ATTHS”
She’s such a shipper

Old 04-27-2018, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww, that’s very cute
Old 04-27-2018, 09:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

i remember that rolling stone cover and how the guy looked at me when i bought it at the gas station. i think iw as 14 or so and smiling like an idiot

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-27-2018, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember that too!!! I was like . "That's not how they are in any way on the show, Mulder and Scully!!!!"

It was weird cause that was probably season 3 or something... they were platonic on the show at that point, they took a photo that looked like a complete fantasy then.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Regal (View Post)
i remember that rolling stone cover and how the guy looked at me when i bought it at the gas station. i think iw as 14 or so and smiling like an idiot
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reason to believe (View Post)
I remember that too!!! I was like . "That's not how they are in any way on the show, Mulder and Scully!!!!"

It was weird cause that was probably season 3 or something... they were platonic on the show at that point, they took a photo that looked like a complete fantasy then.
i know right? there was like nothing on the show at that time and the cover was just so mind blowing and so full of possibilies hahaha

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 04-30-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero