Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2016, 03:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
I never knew they reunited on a different show! That's interesting! It makes it feel like Melissa never died when you see that. What show was that?
It was a show on NBC called 'Crisis'

It was a 'hot mess' kind of series with cliched plot devices, and then they rewrote some of the characters and their motives... mid episode sometimes, and then people complained about Dermot Mulroney's haircut. In many ways it was tv's equivalent of Lindsay Lohan's I Know Who Killed Me, if one can look at it in a way...

What made this series worth mentioning? Its one of the few projects Gillian ever worked on that was made in her hometown of Chicago

Last edited by CONDEMNED666; 12-21-2016 at 05:20 AM
Old 12-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
So I didn't know Benedict Cumberbatch photobombed Gillian, but apparently,

Aww, that's a very cute pic of Gillian
Old 12-23-2016, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What is he holding?
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's an award?

GA's holiday related tweet, goofy girl

Old 12-25-2016, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she always knows what to tweet!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 12-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Interesting how Gillian was sold as straight back in the 90s (when a lot knew she wasnt all straight)

The same thing happened with George Michael (may he rest in peace )

The irony is the big wigs responsible for selling the brands through these faces didnt know what they were getting themselves into
Old 12-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cool! Wish I could have seen the performance!

Old 12-30-2016, 06:01 AM
Loyal Fan

"War and Peace" premiers in January on german TV. The german DVD release is also in January. I am looking forward to it.
It is funny, there was an article in my TV magazine about it, with an interview of GA. She was asked why she took part in this project and her answer was something like...great honour to take part in this classical masterpiece with talented actors an creator but also that it fits perfectly in her schedule. She must be a very organized person, very structured. It would interest me what would happen if she has to deal with much free time...I bet she couldn't deal with that and would plan something to fill it
Old 12-30-2016, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

awesome list
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gillian is so busy! And for some reason, I feel like I didn't see or hear anything from her from 1997 - 2015. I must have been under a rock, lol. (I recognized her on "Hannibal" before the X-Files revival arrived.).
Old 01-02-2017, 05:55 AM
Loyal Fan

We often watch a show or a series quite fast and after 2 month the season is over. But people often forget how long it takes to make and be part of such a production. It begins with a preparation period, then you shoot and in case of a theatre play you train for it. When you are fast and in time you can do an episode of a series in 2 weeks. A theatre play needs around 6 weeks to be prepared before you do a daily performance.

What I want to say with all this? Well you can spend lots of time for a production and the result is 3 or 4 projects a year, sometimes even less. So the schedule of GA can be very full (as it actually is) and nevertheless it seems as if there are not so much projects. But I can tell, she is very well booked. I wonder how she can manage this amount with her private life.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's true, she could be working full time and we think she has all this time in between the show run we get!

I do wonder how often her sons get to see her or be with her! It's a good thing she wasn't my mom cause I was one of those needy, separation anxiety kids who need their mom around daily, I remember she used to have baby Piper on the set of the X-Files, but her sons are school aged now.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:06 AM
Loyal Fan

I think it’s more often as it seems to be. I don’t know her filmography by heart, but she shot very often in Britain during the last years and not so much abroad. Many sets were in or around London, so she could be at home every day. It’s not that different than with every other working mum and I’m sure she has a nanny. TXF, Hannibal or American Gods are projects she did lately and I think it was a challenge for she had been away for months (although I think she flew home and back in-between). I can understand that she doesn’t like to take part in long running projects abroad.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing about GA, she is the only actress I know who has openly thanked her children's nannies when she did thank you speeches when she won awards. I honestly can't think of anyone else I can remember mentioning in thanks to their childcare person. It's like they don't exist in Hollywood, but GA gave them credit which I thought was impressive.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Loyal Fan

She really did? Oh that's great! I'm sure she was\is really thankful for them. It's hard to be a single mother in in that kind of job.