Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Ahhh....I just converted 5'3 into the metric system to understand it. She is as tall as I am, I'm 1.61 m. I always thought she would be smaller.
That's because I'm pretty sure she is smaller than 5'3, haha. I know it sounds weird but I always told people and thought I was 5'2 until 2013 when hospital staff measured me and I lost my 2 inches of pride. . Judging from what I've seen onscreen of GA standing beside DD with either the gillybox or heels on and where she stands to him compared to where *I* stand to a 6 foot guy with flat shoes, I'm pretty sure GA's 2 or 3 inches of pride involve those high heels. Take those off, I'm betting she's 5'1. Short girls like to believe we've got inches.

Im just deflated thinking that if she is really 5'3, then little GA (to everyone else) is still taller than me. .
Old 07-10-2016, 03:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Well I think it's still possible.
I always thought I would be taller but in ireland this year I stood in front of a children meassure board and it showed 5'25. One of my male colleagues is so tall that I always ask him to sit down when we talk longer, because my neck starts to hurt.
My grandma always used to say: As a woman you don't need to be tall to be tall
Old 07-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
How did you meet with her? Did you guys talk about anything funny or interesting? She looks small even onscreen, and that's with her heels on, so I just suspected without the shoes, she's not even 5'3. what time period did you meet her

Oh and and what's sad to me is she of course would seem small to you, but to me, if she wore heels, she'd still seem slightly tall. Supposedly she's taller (then me) by 3 inches but I've always suspected those inches are from the shoes she wears, lol
Hmm...okay well first time I met her was the set of the X-Files when they filmed their last shoot there in Vancouver before moving to LA. The second time was years later at a media event I was photographing. Last time I saw her was last year. And she's coming back for another appearance here in September.

Hmm..we talked mostly about the show when I first met her and then her other project, plus, some things about the UK (since she's living there).

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
Hmm...okay well first time I met her was the set of the X-Files when they filmed their last shoot there in Vancouver before moving to LA. The second time was years later at a media event I was photographing. Last time I saw her was last year. And she's coming back for another appearance here in September.

Hmm..we talked mostly about the show when I first met her and then her other project, plus, some things about the UK (since she's living there).
Aw, you're lucky! Where is she coming back in September? L.A.? An event or a shoot thing?

I'm glad to hear she is fun to talk to. Very early in the 'old days' I used to just hear reports of her seeming "aloof" (a word I dislike because most of the time, the aloof person is just shy). But now she talks with fans at conventions so good for her!
Old 07-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing that GA info, Jazz! Hopefully, you'll meet her again in September.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aww. . One of my favorite parts of the new revival was seeing Scully take down and disarm that guy immediately when they enter that building in "Home Again". Where s the .gif for that?
Old 07-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

^ There's gotta be a gif of that out there somewhere!
Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybuttoneyes (View Post)
Aw, you're lucky! Where is she coming back in September? L.A.? An event or a shoot thing?

I'm glad to hear she is fun to talk to. Very early in the 'old days' I used to just hear reports of her seeming "aloof" (a word I dislike because most of the time, the aloof person is just shy). But now she talks with fans at conventions so good for her!
She will be here in Canada for an event, yes. I usually shoot photographs for a magazine (online) so I usually meet her in the press room.

When she was on set, she was abit aloof. Plus, kind of emotional saying goodbye to some of the crew members who would not be heading to LA when the show moved. It was one of the last days shooting. I missed the day they were playing with waterguns.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-13-2016, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jazz, is it in Toronto or Vancouver? I'm just waiting for when she comes to a Vancouver based FanExpo or something.

You have a cool sounding job. I like photography but never went pro with it. Yeah, I guess poor GA would be aloof on her last day with her familiar crew before leaving them, her emotions were written all over her face in the burned out office .gif I posed in the shippers thread. Poor actors have so many things they have to do when they may not feel up to it during emotional moments.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

She's coming to Toronto. Has she been to Vancouver for the Fan Expo? I know she comes here for ours. And I usually attend the press conference during the Fan Expo so I meet up with them there.

I hardly say I'm completely pro but I'm lucky that I've been around for awhile that people like me to take the shots.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-13-2016, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe GA went to a Vancouver FanExpo in 2015. So maybe that means she won't be here for one in 2016. Hopefully the X-Files will get a season 11 so she and DD will return again.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Hope you guys get a chance to see her!

Old 07-14-2016, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like GA kept that and shared it for some reason. But I wonder what it's like for her to see that "Be my Mulder to my Scully" and know that she herself literally was /is Scully and Mulder was / is hers. Like she lived through her character to do the show and acted out loving Mulder as Scully. Part of her mindset and feelings were Scully literally. I wonder how it feels to see it from her POV when other people mention them.
GA literally had Mulder.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Master Fan

^ Yep.

And what does HWP stand for in that personal love ad?
Old 07-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
^ Yep.

And what does HWP stand for in that personal love ad?
I googled height/weight proportional