Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2017, 01:52 AM
New Fan

Doggett and Reyes?

Anybody else wonder why the writers chose to have both Doggett and Reyes crushing on Scully and her completely disinterested?

I'm LGBT and a lot of people in that community ship Scully/Reyes. I just don't see it. I would have liked to see a gay character but not have Mulder or Scully be involved with it.

Maybe if Doggett and Reyes had been both of the same sex and had feelings it would have made for better TV.

Also, Doggett's crush on Scully seemed a bit weird. He knew after the first few episodes that she was pregnant and he saw how distraught she was over losing Mulder....so how did he not seem to put two and two together until Mulder came back from the dead and he saw them holding hands. It makes NO sense.

Hmmm.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He probably didn't think that Mulder was going to be coming back, and it was only when Mulder returned that it really hit him that he was never going to have that same close relationship with Scully, but I guess you can't always control whether you develop feelings for someone

And I don't think that Reyes was meant to canonically have a crush on Scully, but I agree that she did come across as a bit subtexty in the season 8 finale (maybe the male writers just don't know how to write two women together ), but I believe that the writers only ever intended for her to come across as being into Doggett
Old 07-21-2017, 03:57 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
He probably didn't think that Mulder was going to be coming back, and it was only when Mulder returned that it really hit him that he was never going to have that same close relationship with Scully, but I guess you can't always control whether you develop feelings for someone

And I don't think that Reyes was meant to canonically have a crush on Scully, but I agree that she did come across as a bit subtexty in the season 8 finale (maybe the male writers just don't know how to write two women together ), but I believe that the writers only ever intended for her to come across as being into Doggett
Yeah. I noticed that. But it did seem like she was into Scully at the end of season 8 and then after her and Doggett both realize she's taken then in season 9 they gravitate towards each other. I do think Scully cared for Doggett in a way, just in a "you've got my back and I've got yours" way and not in a "I'm into you" way.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I agree with that, I think that Scully liked and respected Doggett a lot, but it was in way romantic on her end
Old 07-21-2017, 05:49 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
Yeah I agree with that, I think that Scully liked and respected Doggett a lot, but it was in way romantic on her end
It was too late to introduce anyone else into the picture IMO.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Hello
Oh i love Scully and Reyes! i ship their friendship so much. I think that Reyes was kind of obsessed with Scully. Yeah sometimes it was strange.Reyes was so often around her. But i remember that i did read that Reyes obsession was more focused on the X files! The X Files are her dream. Maybe Scully was her entrance to this. But based on this, it was so great to see that Scully found such a great friend in her. Reyes is a kind oft sister for her and maybe she saw the female Mulder in her.

I loved it that Scully mentioned her so lovely in season 10! She searched after her. Scully was missing her Reyes!

And maybe its only me but some episodes from season 9 were kind from triangle (threesomeoggett with Scully and Reyes!)

And i dont like Doggett and Scully but i kind oft agree here. I believe that Doggett had some feelings for her but he never had a Chance against Mulder! But i liked that he wanted support Scully. Oh and poor Doggett, he must pay attention on both Girls in Season 9.

Deep connection! Unfortunatelly that is only a manip... But damnit its so great

Last edited by reason to believe; 07-22-2017 at 03:53 PM
Old 07-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still need to see season 9, it's the one season that I haven't properly watched
Old 07-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

And i still need to see season 8! I only watched 6 episodes from this!
Season 9 is good! Mulder is missing but Reyes and Doggett do a great job there. They are a great support for Scully.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've heard that there are some good episodes that season, so I definitely want to see it I started my complete series re-watch after getting the Blu-Ray set, and I only just saw season 8 for the first time this year, so I had a lot to catch up on
Old 07-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 8 isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but half of it has Mulder. The episodes at least had some good dark spooky stories.

Season 9 wasn't really so great to me cause it almost seems like a different show with no Mulder and Scully looking after an alien baby more than the stuff she used to do!
Old 07-29-2017, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Season 8 was not so good for me because i did not like Doggett and Scully! haha

I missed Mulder in season 9 so much but Scully had a strong support trough Doggett and Reyes!
And i think one good thing about season 9 was Scully and Reyes!
I only thought, why the hell did they have not a right girls night out! You know
Old 07-29-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never saw anything between Doggett and Scully. He was more into her, than her to him (obviously only Mulder had her heart!). So season 8 was fine with stories, but I missed Mulder too!

Season 9 just wasn't enough Mulder and Scully... to me, they define the X-Files. I didn't mind the other new agents tho, they were good characters. I just missed seeing M&S.

I think Reyes liked Scully more too, than Scully felt towards Reyes. But that was Scully, just not to close to people except Mulder, her mother or her son. She had attachment issues so she liked others but kept her emotional distance. It's kind of amazing she eventually even attached to Mulder over the series

I wonder about the future though of Dogget and Reyes after the series ended. How they didn't end up together or how their FBI partnership ended.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

https://www.tvinsider.com/324190/the...ng-as-doggett/
Chris really should talk with both!

I really did hate in season 9 the absence from Mulder! But that was everything! I think Scully was happy to found such a good friend in Reyes! In this Moment as Reyes told her that she is open in all this things, there was this special connection between both! I so loved it as Scully told her that she was on the search after her as she was back at work!

According to Annabeths Twitter, she would be happy to coming back too
So yeah Chris should talk with both lol
Old 08-08-2017, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Annette is now confirmed to be returning And yes Robert sounds like he would be up for it as well, but I wonder if it's not too late now to bring him back? I mean I don't know how it all works, but wouldn't they had the ten episodes already planned out by now and know which cast members they need, so if he hasn't heard anything yet....? I really have no clue though

I would think they would like to bring Doggett back if they could, you could tell that Chris was really happy with what his character brought to the show after David left, and that they were all big fans of Patrick. To be honest I would rather keep the MotW episodes for just M/S though lol, but it would be great to see Doggett and Reyes again in the mythology episodes
Old 08-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Annette?
Lol my name...
But i unterstand you! Well i really could imagine that Robert would get a omg moment in the last Episode from this season. Maybe doggett is on a secret location and only Skinner knows that.i dont know..
There is a picture with annabeth on a motorbike! I wonder whats going on there! Its a police motorbike..