Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

dp. Sorry.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
He has two sons. One lived up to his expectations, the other one didn't.
In "one breath" CSM said to Mulder he would be a worthy enemy. They had a similar situation then. Mulder aimed with his gun at him. CSM sees mulder as an equal rival, and he wants to win. But you can't win against Mulder by killing him, you can win against him when you break his will and force him to act against his believes.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
dp. Sorry.
Could be William but CSM meant Scully.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

If we learn that William was with CSM all this time (I don't think so though), I will riot.
I know CC loves to make Mulder and Scully suffer, but I think it's the worst he could do to Scully. That or kill Mulder.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

William is his grandson. That's one way he'd justify it to himself.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
If we learn that William was with CSM all this time (I don't think so though), I will riot.
I know CC loves to make Mulder and Scully suffer, but I think it's the worst he could do to Scully. That or kill Mulder.
Well, what would a script writer do to keep tension? Of course taking the worst possible situation and make it happen.
But don't forget, when season 11(hopefully) starts, the "solution" won't probably been done in 45 min. We will probably have usual episodes afterwards again and then again (hopefully) a cliffhanger at the end. So the whole truth, also about william, won't probably be resolved next episode\season. 😉
Old 02-28-2016, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
No Mulder definately won't. Not with a free will. But maybe CSM still believes that he can force him. He tried with this cure, so why not try again with other arguments. As he said, every man has his weakness...
^exactly. And CSM knows how to find weakness's - we know how much he loves to hold the cards.

Quote:
He has two sons. One lived up to his expectations, the other one didn't.

William?
^ But I love how Jeffery got back at his father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart of Rhythm (View Post)
well if he's not, then at least he has to know where he is, I honestly can't think of any other reason for Reyes working for that man unless it has something to do with William.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤• ■ •¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
I can see everyone's view on this. Me I lean more towards the admiration - but in a sadistic sorta way, like out of everyone, I truly believe that Mulder is whom CSM would want to continue his legacy, but the fact is Mulder wont.
In order to do the line of work that CSM does, it would call for some serious ruthless actions/ behavior. How could CSM ever believe that Mulder (a fairly moral character) would not only be okay with some of these cold-blooded activities but would also continue with them?
What makes him think that if Mulder were in his position, he wouldn't botch or take down the whole operation?
This puzzles me about CSM...
Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I agree, but perhaps it goes along with what he says, "everyone has their weakness's" Mulder's father was the same way, but he too had a line he crossed, though he luckily didn't go as far as CSM - which sadly ended his life, but still it goes to show that perhaps CSM feels that he got to Mulder's father, perhaps he can do the same with Mulder.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤• ■ •¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 03-01-2016, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

he has a lot of wise words!!
Old 03-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^I agree, but perhaps it goes along with what he says, "everyone has their weakness's" Mulder's father was the same way, but he too had a line he crossed, though he luckily didn't go as far as CSM - which sadly ended his life, but still it goes to show that perhaps CSM feels that he got to Mulder's father, perhaps he can do the same with Mulder.
Yep, I can definitely see your point, especially if finding people's weaknesses and using them against his targets has worked for him in the past.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
Yep, I can definitely see your point, especially if finding people's weaknesses and using them against his targets has worked for him in the past.
Yes. The question is, can you change a person that drastically? Even a person who is so headstrong in his believes? Sure you can! You can always force someone like Mulder to do things he really hates doing. It's not easy but you just have to find the right way. And there is a way with Mulder, because he isn't a cold man like CSM, he is a man who loves. And that is his weakness. Mulder doesn't care for his own life, but when someone holds a weapon to Scullys head in order to shoot, Mulder would do everything to save her. He loves her more than he loves his own life. It's the same the other way around. Tell Scully that Mulder could be cured within 10 minutes from now on and she would do everything for this to happen. Even give up her own life. CSM knows their weaknessness very well...
Old 03-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
he has a lot of wise words!!
Yeah he does so simple, but so quotable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miros (View Post)
It's been one of his main tactics; just from that he had Skinner for awhile - luckily Skinner broke free, but the man knows how to find people's weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SannraB (View Post)
Yes. The question is, can you change a person that drastically? Even a person who is so headstrong in his believes? Sure you can! You can always force someone like Mulder to do things he really hates doing. It's not easy but you just have to find the right way. And there is a way with Mulder, because he isn't a cold man like CSM, he is a man who loves. And that is his weakness. Mulder doesn't care for his own life, but when someone holds a weapon to Scullys head in order to shoot, Mulder would do everything to save her. He loves her more than he loves his own life. It's the same the other way around. Tell Scully that Mulder could be cured within 10 minutes from now on and she would do everything for this to happen. Even give up her own life. CSM knows their weaknessness very well...
That's probably why Scully was already safe, Mulder was ready to kill CSM right there from just mentioning her - in Mulder's mind he would've shot CSM and figured out a way admittedly to save Scully, something CSM knew, which only means he has something else up his sleeves
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤• ■ •¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Yeah he does so simple, but so quotable

It's been one of his main tactics; just from that he had Skinner for awhile - luckily Skinner broke free, but the man knows how to find people's weaknesses.

That's probably why Scully was already safe, Mulder was ready to kill CSM right there from just mentioning her - in Mulder's mind he would've shot CSM and figured out a way admittedly to save Scully, something CSM knew, which only means he has something else up his sleeves
Honestly, i'm not sure about it. Well, not that he has something else up his sleeves, i don't doubt that. I mean Scullys safety. CSM is the greatest sadist in the world. I recently watched "one breath" again and there was a similar scene: Mulder finding CSM and aiming at him with a weapon because if Scully. The scene in "my struggle 2" is like a deja vu. CSM said in that "one breath" scene that he likes Mulder and Scully also and that's why he gave her back to him. That's nonesence. CSM maybe likes Mulder but Scully means nothing to him. He just wanted to destroy Mulder and to break his will by letting him watch Scully die. CSM was sure she wouldn't survive, but she did. He is an evil, sadistic man. Mulder just let him alive because it wouldn't have changed something and otherwise he would never find the truth and the sense behind it. For CSM Mulder was just a puppet in a game in that moment. Maybe it would be naive to think that Scully is really safe...
Old 03-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the connection there, I forgot about that past moment with the two over Scully's survival. It's crazy how CC can write about a man smoking a cigarette just sitting in a chair and have all of us fans go crazy on what his sadistic mind has planned
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤• ■ •¤¨´*•.¸.