Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They must have toned it down a bit in the chapter books or they just picked the episodes that weren't all about total murder and mayhem

One was Darkness Falls, another was Ghost in the Machine... kind of the tamer sort of mystery!
Old 11-06-2018, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Still spooky... but I guess kids love those kinds of stories too

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don’t remember if they were aimed at kids or not, but I used to own novelisations of the episodes Shapes, Darkness Falls, and, Fearful Symmetry
Old 11-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yes! I had some of those too. War of the coprophages, Fight the future, Antibodies (not sure whether that one was based on an episode)... and a few others. Only recently gave them away

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to have tons of X-Files merchandise like that back in the day, I actually read the tie-in novels for Shapes and Fearful Symmetry before I had even watched the episodes! It’s funny I remember actually finding Fearful Symmetry more emotional in the book than in the episode itself
Old 11-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

awww, oh no. I guess they had a talented writer to adapt the show to story form then! Those seem to be the much tamer X-Files episodes for initiated kids I guess!

I didn’t have any episode book adaptions, I had an X-Files episode guide book which I loved and a few TV guide covers and some magazines devoted to the show in one issue. And jealous of my brother’s personally autographed photo of DD & GA. but he gave me it for my birthday two years ago so it’s finally mine
Old 11-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's sweet!

I still have my brother's old X Files shirt. Don't t hink he ever "gave" it to me though
It has many holes and is huge and shapeless by now. I sleep in it.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
awww, oh no. I guess they had a talented writer to adapt the show to story form then! Those seem to be the much tamer X-Files episodes for initiated kids I guess!
Haha yes, I found the gorilla with sign language really moving on the page, but it didn’t translate onscreen as much for me, slightly ironic considering that the tv episode actually came first!

Quote:
I didn’t have any episode book adaptions, I had an X-Files episode guide book which I loved and a few TV guide covers and some magazines devoted to the show in one issue. And jealous of my brother’s personally autographed photo of DD & GA. but he gave me it for my birthday two years ago so it’s finally mine
I used to have a ton of the episode guides as well, the official companions they would release each year, as well as a lot of the official magazines
Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That gorilla on the tv show was a person in a gorilla suit, I bet! In the book, you can picture it as a real gorilla!

I remember one magazine devoted a special issue just to the X - Files had some pics of GA as a teen and it was when I learned straight laced and serious Agent Scully used to be a punk with dreadlocks and nose piercings and it blew my brain a bit.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But I didn't think the gorilla was badly done
Just sometimes books can do things that TV can't. Must have been one of those cases.

I remember that too... Gillian as a punk Made me wanna be one too

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 11-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember seeing older pictures of Gillian too, and being surprised at how different she used to look

Last edited by FrellingTralk; 11-11-2018 at 08:39 AM
Old 11-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
Honestly Fight Club is not really an episode that’s a big miss The ending was pretty ugly imo to see Mulder and Scully all bashed up in the face.
My least favorite eppy was the one where scully gets a tattoo. Don‘t remember much of it though.

My favorite goofy eps are the christmas episode, the one with the vampires and the one of season 11 where their home is being invaded by drones bc they gave a bad rating to that AI restaurant.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lots of people liked Scully getting a tattoo cause she kind of made it look hot and sexy which was very un-Scully-like and more like Gillian Anderson in that scene

Here is the clip, skin, expressions, it’s got a rep now

I love their relationship on camera together.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Lots of people liked Scully getting a tattoo cause she kind of made it look hot and sexy which was very un-Scully-like and more like Gillian Anderson in that scene

Here is the clip, skin, expressions, it’s got a rep now

I love their relationship on camera together.
Oh yes she was sexy there, but I found the overall eppy so non-x-files.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the final scene with Mulder and Scully in the office not being able to communicate with one another, but yeah the episode itself isn’t one of my favourites. I remember thinking it was kind of lame that Scully didn’t actually sleep with the guy, even though she was supposed to be enjoying a walk on the wild side (getting a tattoo is so not not typical of Scully ) and having a fling! I read somewhere that was because Chris Carter didn’t like the idea of Scully having a sex scene on camera?