Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

"Good Grief" (2.04) Episode Discussion

Thought we could get a good jump start on the episode discussion by starting it a little early. Our board needs as many posts as we can get. Remember...besides the vague episode description no spoilers here.

Lucille hires Ice, the bounty hunter to find George Sr., who may be closer than everyone thinks. Gob tries to pull off an elaborate illusion, Maeby tries to set Lindsay up with Ice, and Michael tries to mend George Michael's broken relationship.

I assume that from the episode title we may get some more Charlie Brown references from Buster.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally, more Maeby!! I've missed her wit!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:55 AM
Addicted Fan

I love it when Gob does his illusion not tricks because that's when all the music and confetti come out. Confetti on sunday would make my day.

I miss AD a weekend is not the same without it.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kismet16
I love it when Gob does his illusion not tricks because that's when all the music and confetti come out. Confetti on sunday would make my day.

I miss AD a weekend is not the same without it.
I enjoy the pennies from the sky in the board room just as well...but this looks to be a much bigger illusion if you go look at the previews for the episode on the daillies on the AD site at FOX.com
Old 11-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Do you think "Good Grief" also refers in some way to George Sr. being declared dead in Mexico?
Old 11-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cress
Do you think "Good Grief" also refers in some way to George Sr. being declared dead in Mexico?
It could. I assume that story line should be getting wrapped up with a nice little package and bow pretty soon.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

I just hope we get to see someone wearing a yellow sweater with black zigzag line in the middle.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cursed
I just hope we get to see someone wearing a yellow sweater with black zigzag line in the middle.
I would imagine the Vegas line favors GOB in such a sweater. Followed by Buster.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cursed

That would be something.

Icon
Old 12-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Addicted Fan

I love the sad walk that this family does.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm loving the Charlie Brown references, with the red doghouse and the sad Christmas music!

And the return of Lindsay's **** t-shirt!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cress
And the return of Lindsay's **** t-shirt!
My exact thought.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Addicted Fan

"The fact that you refer to making love as 'pop pop' tells me that you're not ready." Bwah!!

I love the Sad Charlie Brown walk. Hee. And Buster's stripper outfit. And...well, everything.

I love how this show can do slapstick and not make it totally obvious - like Gob rolling out of the coffin, and then it falling on him. It was hilarious, but not in the exaggerated way that it would have been done on another show.

icon credit
Old 12-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
What kind of moron am I?--I never associated all the Charlie Brown references w/ the "Good Grief" title at all!! I just thought of George Sr's death, and thought the Charlie Brown thing was just a cute lil' running gag . . .
I have to watch the show again to get all the humor, but you had to love the "Poof!" thing w/ GOB, and for some reason, I couldn't stop laughing at the seating arrangement at ICE's announcement of Pop-Pop's death. Tobias was sitting soo close to Michael, and had a huge cushion-length of space 'tween him and Lindsay. It was just such an odd . . Tobias-like choice of proximity~
Old 12-06-2004, 03:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well four episodes in to the second season I think it is safe to say this show isn't gonna suffer a decline in quality...ever.