Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Canadian Thread

Hi so are there any Canadian Fans for arrested development. I started watching it when Global first started showing it three weeks ago.

This show is super funny and the whole frozen banana stand must have been intriguing at least it was for me. So far I've seen three episodes but soo far it's been fantastic.

Last edited by Kismet16; 07-28-2004 at 09:17 AM
Old 07-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Kismet, another Canadian here, I just started watching the show a little while ago too, but I've managed to get my hands on the rest of the episodes, so now I've seen the entire first season.

Arrested Development has quickly become one of my top five shows and is well on its way to becoming my favorite, I hope it finds the audience it deserves.

It's great seeing fellow Canadian Michael Cera on the show too. The whole cast is pitch perfect, though.

Chelsea
Old 07-28-2004, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Chelsea. You can call me Karla. For awhile there I thought there would be no Canadian fans for the show and that would be sad since it's such a great show.

You're right about finding an audience because out of all my friends I'm the only one watching it. At least Fox is giving it a chance unlike other shows.

I love all the charcters each one brings their own humour to the show.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Karla, it's great to hear from another Canadian fan.

I think that's what makes this show so amazing; all the characters are likeable and unlikeable in their own ways.

I'm the only person out of my friends who watches the show also. Most of my friends have never even heard of it, which is a shame, but I've been trying to spread the word as best I can.

It's great to see a comedy on tv that is consistantly funny and well written. I'm not a fan of laugh tracks, so that's just an added bonus. I'm hoping that AD wins the Emmy for best comedy; it may be a stretch; although, I believe the show deserves it.

I never thought I'd say this, but FOX has made a good decision and been more than kind to the show. If that cushy time slot after the Simpson's doesn't bring up the ratings I'd be surprised. I truly hope this show finds an audience. I mean Seinfeld and Cheers were almost cancelled in their first seasons, right?

Chelsea
Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *~*Sparkle*~*
Hey Karla, it's great to hear from another Canadian fan.

I think that's what makes this show so amazing; all the characters are likeable and unlikeable in their own ways.

I'm the only person out of my friends who watches the show also. Most of my friends have never even heard of it, which is a shame, but I've been trying to spread the word as best I can.

It's great to see a comedy on tv that is consistantly funny and well written. I'm not a fan of laugh tracks, so that's just an added bonus. I'm hoping that AD wins the Emmy for best comedy; it may be a stretch; although, I believe the show deserves it.

I never thought I'd say this, but FOX has made a good decision and been more than kind to the show. If that cushy time slot after the Simpson's doesn't bring up the ratings I'd be surprised. I truly hope this show finds an audience. I mean Seinfeld and Cheers were almost cancelled in their first seasons, right?

Chelsea
I'm the only person watching the show too. I keep telling them about the frozen bannana stands, but no frozen bannanas are not interesting enough for them. I mean come on I would so watch just for that which i did. I'm taping the show maybe I'll get them hooked one day.

I hope the show wins too. I'm loving it with every episode. I've never watched a show without a laugh track so it's been cool.

About Fox I'm still feeling negative after they cancelled Wonderfalls after four episodes. They need to find an audience. The show is so smart.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Karla, I love the banana stand. There is a yearly fair where I live and one of the foods they sell at it is frozen bananas. In fact the show has made me start to want a frozen banana, ; I'm in luck because the fair is this weekend, yay!

I plan to convert my sister when she comes home this weekend and not against her will either . I think I've begun to annoy the people around me because I keep talking about the show, but it's hard to stop. Fear not, I will convert them!

Chelsea
Old 07-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Chelsea on my last post I quoted your post and then I realized that was dumb since we're the only two people talking.

I actually never had a frozen banana before. It just sounded really interesting to me

My friends are already annoyed with my talking about the show. I think I need to give them a cooling period before I go at it again.
Old 07-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Another Canadian fan here. I started watching the show when FOX aired a New Years Eve marathon and I've been a huge fan ever since. It's so cool more people are tuning into the show, I don't know many people in real life who watch it. Hopefully that'll change soon.

I plan on buying the DVD set and lending it to as many people as possible to get them hooked.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Karla, frozen bananas are really good. I've tried to tone down my talk of the show, but it's hard when quotes or scenes keep popping into my head while I'm talking to people.

Spazzie, I remember hearing about the marathon on New Year's and I really wanted to tune in and watch, but I ended up going to a costume party instead, but not all was lost as I got to attempt to sing karaoke into the wee hours of the morning.

I can't wait for the DVD to come out; I'm thinking of having a viewing party to expose people to the show or maybe I'll just buy them in bulk for Christmas .

Chelsea
Old 07-30-2004, 05:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi guys I've been having computer problems so I won't be on as often and post like crazy. Don't have too much fun leave some for me.

A viewing party sounds like fun. I might do that and convert some of my friends to notice good humour.

Hi spazzie. Can I ask you a question were you ever a max/liz shipper over at the Roswell board?
Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kismet16

Hi spazzie. Can I ask you a question were you ever a max/liz shipper over at the Roswell board?
Hi. Nope, I never posted at the Roswell board before.

A viewing party does sound fun. It's a good way to get people into the show. I might have one
Old 07-30-2004, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Amazon.ca has the DVD available for pre-order, here. It's under $40 which is pretty good for a season set.

Chelsea
Old 07-31-2004, 04:50 PM
Addicted Fan

$40 is cheap for a tv series dvd.

spazzie- Really I thought I saw someone witb you name a long time ago. Oh well at least I hope you dont think I'm crazy.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Does anyone know which episode is airing on Global this Sunday?

Thanks.

Chelsea
Old 09-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I've been away for awhile with computer problems.

I loved it when Buster wanted to be hit and that all the brothers are into Marta.