Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Steph
Old 05-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll discuss s4 after all the eps are seen

Twice
Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be back after I've done the series. Actually I'm forgetting what i saw in each episode, so I'll probably need to rewatch too!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah I've forgotten which episode each thing takes place in. I did like the second GOB episode better than the first.

It's interesting how they carried certain things throughout the episodes, like the "Cinco de Cuatro" party, Fakeblock, ostriches, and more.

I should probably rewatch it to understand it better.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I've only seen the first two episodes. I actually watched them twice- once by myself, and later with my father and 13-year-old nephew. I enjoyed both episodes, although I have to admit it took me a few minutes to get back into the AD style of comedy. The best part was watching my nephew, who I don't think ever saw any of the other AD episodes, laugh his ass off.

Oh and while I loved seeing all the characters again, seeing Barry made me especially happy.

I'm planning on watching some more later today and throughout the rest of the week. I don't think I can do one of those 7 or 8 episode (or more) marathons, but I also am certain that it will be days and not weeks until I see all these episodes. Can't wait.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I loved that young Barry Zuckerkorn was played by Henry Winkler's son Max.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Watched the whole season yesterday. I thought it was brilliant and hilarious the whole way through. And at times, uncomfortable (but not in a bad way). It was a surprisingly intricate plot for basically the same story but from different POV. I absolutely loved it.

With the way it ended they definitely have to make a new season, preferably before a movie. I hope that happens. It has to happen!

My only real complaint was the horrendous green screening. I understand why they had to do it, but man alive it was awful.

Oh and anustart makes me=
Old 05-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I watched it all yesterday, too.

the direction they went with Michael -- to, well, pretty much unlikability -- didn't seem to help the story IMO.

certain characters don't carry entire episodes well. but we knew that would be a hurdle. on the whole, good, though getting to the later ones (Lucille! Maeby! George Michael! Buster! FINALLY) was frustrating. Lindsay was especially weak...for a number of reasons.

and I'm one of those pesky George Michael x Maeby shippers who was a little bummed by the decision to make them just-cousins (at least, it would seem, from Maeby's perspective). but (we) shippers are the worst!

anyway, can say a LOT more but will wait for others to watch in good time.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The George episodes were a bit of a drag but overall I loved the season.
I didn't mind where they took Michael..he basically hit rock bottom + he's always got off on feeling superior.

The Gob eps were the best "Same"

The ending was perfect...that's basically been the relationship of the show and one that's always been solid...

S4 didn't rest on its laurels...wasn't filled with only old jokes (in fact...we didn't see a proper chicken dance, no Franklin, only a few catchprases sporadically) and really took the characters in different places.

Perfect act 1
Old 05-30-2013, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I finished the season yesterday.

I loved it - I think it really picked up after the first load of episodes which were just setting it up. The humour and writing is still A+ and there is surprisingly a LOT of guest stars that they have worked in. Its also a very clever plot, everything ties in together and it gives you a headache when you are trying to watch the first time but after a few watches I bet it all links it rather nicely.

Loved all the references to past episodes and running jokes - it didn't feel stale by doing so. It was a nice homage and it felt good, almost felt surreal, that this show is back after all this time.

I found the George episodes a bit dull too Kush but Lucille's was very good and so was both of Gob's. Lindsays also felt a bit odd (can't put my finger on it)

I got the feeling through other episodes that George Michael seemed very distant and a lot more grown up but it made sense when I got to his story. Buster too. I also loved how Ann got a much bigger role - Mae is a great actress and I'm glad they gave her a chance to shine.

I love this show
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindsay's was ok to me...I loved the spinning hugs she and Michael had, and how they settled on not knowing each other

I did like seeing a different side to Ann (also the giant HER? at the wedding)

also for some reason I liked seeing Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor's characters be in cahoots (and she has alopecia too )
Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

I just finished the season. It definitely got stronger and stronger as the season moved along. Mitch did such a great job!!! And I LOVED all the references to past seasons, like ham water, etc

Though I am bummed at how little we saw Buster & Maeby. I think we saw Lucille 2 more than them

Gob's episodes were just absolutely incredible. Him and Tobias stole the show imo
Old 06-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've thought about it...and I hate that we had different actors playing George and Lucille this season especially since in s1-3 they used the same ones in flashbacks. Why not do the same here.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm up to ep 4, with Ron Howard, loving it!