Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

"Afternoon Delight" (2.06) Episode Discussion

Okay kiddos dont really wanna make a habit out of starting episode threads early but since we are really hurting for posts this week I am going ahead and doing so to get some action on here.

Again it is the last new episode of the '04 calendar year on FOX, but we do get a rerun of "In God We Trust" the day after Chrismukkah...dammit....Christmas. Whatever.

It is the directorial debut of one of the cast members.... I wont post who it is to not ruin the surprise for those who wanna be floored during the name real after the credits at the beginning of the episode.

Also cover your eyes and go no further if you dont want to see a very vague preview of the episode.

Gob stages mass firings after being inadvertently roasted at the Bluth Company Christmas party. Plus, Michael is forced to rebuild the Banana Stand, and Buster plays hooky from the Army at an arcade game.

Im off to go find shelter from the hot mexican sun....what I am in Nebraska? Hmm. Couldn't tell the difference...What? it is 25 degrees out? Shut up.
Old 12-18-2004, 01:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Rebuild the Banana Stand? What, it got burned down again?
Old 12-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Cress
Rebuild the Banana Stand? What, it got burned down again?
Maybe George Michael took a half day to spend time with Plant and someone smoked it like a cigarette during a Jimmy Jane reunion tour.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Absolute Fan

I hope they make a reference to the song "Afternoon Delight". Maybe they'll even make reference to the Starsky and Hutch movie, which used that song in a very funny scene. (Bateman was in that movie.)
Old 12-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I hope they make a reference to the song "Afternoon Delight". Maybe they'll even make reference to the Starsky and Hutch movie, which used that song in a very funny scene. (Bateman was in that movie.)
Was it a better movie than Dodgeball? I am gonna be pretty skeptical about buying a movie just for Batemen from now on. I mean it was an okay movie but i expected better. Guess my standards are higher after watching AD.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I haven't seen Dodgeball, but Starsky and Hutch was a hilarious movie. I would have seen it even without Bateman in it. I was surprised that I could like Ben Stiller that much, because I think most of his other movies suck. If I have any money left after Christmas shopping this year, I'm gonna get the DVD.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I haven't seen Dodgeball, but Starsky and Hutch was a hilarious movie. I would have seen it even without Bateman in it. I was surprised that I could like Ben Stiller that much, because I think most of his other movies suck. If I have any money left after Christmas shopping this year, I'm gonna get the DVD.
Stiller is usually hit or miss with me. One day I will see him in something and laugh my ass of and the next day I just want him out of my face. His show on FOX that is now on DVD was pretty darn good. Especially his Bono impression.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Interesting that you should mention Stiller since I do believe that in Good Grief, the magician on the cover of GOB's Poof Magazine was Ben himself. Heh.

I'm excited for tonight! Apparently, Bateman directed this episode, which should be fun to see.
Old 12-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

Most people are pretty sure it was Ben Stiller...I wonder if anyone can confirm this somewhere like the OP or elsewhere.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:08 AM
Addicted Fan

great epi. i just have to quote this

IM GONNA BLOW HIM AND THEN POKE HIM-- LUcille

that says it all

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 12-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Oh my God! All the dirty bleeped words from GOB! And they used the song!

I'm getting sick of Ann, though, and I wish Annyong would come back.

My tape cut off the first part of the show. How did the banana stand get trashed?
Old 12-20-2004, 04:05 AM
New Fan

Without a doubt the best episode of the new season,
so f*@king funny
Does anyone know the words to afternoon delight, i couldnt hear it clear enough, classic...
gob is brilliant
...I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there is someone more important she should be talking to, and it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she is wearing a backpack you know....

Just call me doubledown
Old 12-20-2004, 04:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Seriously this is the most incest-friendly show on TV.

I liked the ep, but didn't love it. I liked that Ann is now Yam, Carl Weathers got a shout-out, Gob's sexual harrassment speech and we finally know that Annyong is now a Milford man.

I guess I just didn't like the Buster stuff that much.
Tobias: You know, first of all, we are doing this for her, okay, because neither one of us wants to get divorced. And second-of-ly, I know you’re the big marriage expert. Oh, I’m sorry. I forgot. Your wife is dead.

---
Michael: That cousin of yours is a hell of a girl. It’s too bad you can’t date her.

George Michael: No, I meant... Wait, you wouldn’t have a problem with that? Nothing!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

I have to say that this is my least favorite episode so far.

I did enjoy the Michael and Maeby interaction but GOB got on my nerves in this episode. He's my favorite character but I have to say that the whole thing with him and his suits was more obnoxious than funny.

The ending was pretty good though.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Loved tonights episode. Absolutely brilliant with it's over the top sexual innuendos. And George Michael + Maeby in afternoon delight. Great.

My favorite line of the night.

"You see If I shop with you it'll just make me seem like a mother."
"I've never thought of you that way."
"That's sweet."
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself