Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

she asked the traitor if he saw any other kids at the camp for the others.

I have a favor!

Could you make me one of your amazing avies using this pic with "Angel" written on it?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Team!

Okay, now that i'm in somewhat of a calmer frame of mind, i'd like to share my input regarding this past episode...Two For The Road!:

Michelle gave an awesome performance as usual! However, if Michelle had not been the one in the role, i regret to say that the episode wasn't worth watching IMO!!! And i will share my reasoning on why i happen to feel this way!

This particular episode happened to be written by 2 Women, the same 2 Women who wrote for The Long Con! Now, in addition to this, the writers/producers claim that Ana's death was planned from the beginning. Do i believe that's true? Yes and No. I believe Michelle when she says she signed onto the show for a limited stay and the end result would be Ana's death when she left. However, i do not believe the death was suppose to happen this soon. My guess is that the writers/producers intended to at least keep Michelle/Ana for one more season in order to fully develop the character and mold the "quadangle." However, ABC network nipped those plans in the bud for the Lost writers/producers when they refused to contract both actresses for season 3!

Okay, i will now give my analysis for the episode! My impression of this episode is that the writing was thrown together last minute because it had to be done not because it was planned! Why do i feel this way? I found the storyline to be choppy, inconsistent, and thrown together!

1.) I found this backstory presentation to be more about Christian Shepard's drinking problems and exploits in Australia rather than tying up any loose ends regarding Ana. I found Ana to be just There! I thought the story lacked any real personal connection to Ana and her backstory!

2.) The Sana Hook-up Scene: As steamy as this scene tried to come across to the audience, the fact is it lacked any real sense. It was thrown into the episode out of nowhere with no prior built up or connection between Ana and Sawyer. These two characters have had practically no interaction with one another this whole second part of the season because most of Ana's screentime was spent in Jack's presence. Then, Cuse claims Jana was abruptly cut off because it just wasn't working; yet, Damon and JJ claim Ana's path was "planned" all along! Well i ask, which is it? If it is true that you planned Ana's entire path from the start but Jana became a plan that wasn't working anymore, where did the logic come from in the writing to throw Sana in the mix from nowhere just because Jana wasn't "working out"? Hmmm....there any too many contradictions present here to convince me this episode was the "ultimate plan" for Ana.

3.) Did anybody else catch some of the inconsistencies in this episode? First inconsistency: The writers/producers orginally claimed that Ana's first flashback occured 2-3 years prior to the crash! Yet, in this second flashback the sequence is that Ana got caught by her mom, id'ed the body, Ana quit her job and becomes a airport security guard. She then meets Christian Shepard in a bar and flies to Australia with him (apparantly as a personal body guard...that still makes no sense to me what for?). Second inconsistency: In the morgue, Ana's mother identifies Jason with the wrong last name...it's suppose to be McCormick! Also, Ana shot 6 bullets into him and the mother identifies 5 bullet wounds to the chest region. Third Inconsistency: Ana leaves the bar MAKING a phone call in the aiport when she was suppose to have already RECEIVED a call (thus, getting rid of a possible plot line from that) Now granted, writing inconsistencies occur over the course of any series but i have one problem here. Ana ONLY had one prior flashback and it was THIS season not 2 or 3 seasons ago! It should not have been that hard to follow-up on the prior story to provide continuity in the writing for Ana's last flashback! Which tells me one thing: The writers did not have the time to follow-up on the story because this "Flashback episode" had to be thrown together very quickly in order to make it in time for filming/production. It was NOT planned. Michelle would have found out in March/early April her contract was not be renewed by ABC which would explain their rush because they had already made "other writing plans" that now had to be scratched out.

4.) Ana's death scene: Michelle executed this scene and brought it to life very well because she is an amazing actress! However, i felt the scene did not fit with the character at all! At least, not the character i came to know and love. This woman, the leader of the "tailes", that led her group to survive for 48 Days in an island jungle is relegated to sitting on a chair taking a bullet to the gut in surprise? That's completely out of place and my impression is that Ana is a heroine that died without a cause/purpose! I found it to be rather insulting to the character based on what the character was built-up to be. Ana's death appears random because she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. She happened to be the ONE guarding Henry at this time and Michael took advantage of the situation! If this death was PLANNED, i expected ANA to go out with a bigger BANG because of who the character was made to be in the beginning and that was a big let down to me. This just further shows me that her "death" was thrown together last minute and mixed together quickly with Michael's story in order to finish out both of their contracts along with Cynthia! No big PLAN here in my book because there was no way for the show to anticipate Harold's (Michael) departure from the show back when they signed Michelle on!

In conclusion, i was just expecting much better for an episode that was Ana's last and alledgedly planned from the beginning. I will finish out the season with Michael's story and that connects to Ana's death; however, right now it looks to be like there was no real purpose for her death because it could have been anyone that was there.

Sorry, i know the post is long but i felt like writing out what i took out of the episode!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Elite Fan

WOW! Heather! Great post!!

I finished watching Resident Evil today with the commentary of course. It really didnt seem like it was that scary, but thats why I watched it for the first time with commentary, so I wouldnt get freaked out, One of these days, I will watch it without the commentary to get the full effect.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Ker! I will definitly do that for you.

Heather. Amazing post as usual. I too agree with you. I think that when coming onto the show Michelle knew Ana was going to die, but I as well as you, do not think it was meant to happen this soon and personally I do believe it was because of the DUI's. it was so random and out of the blue. Oh yeah and by the way Ana is dead. ? Makes no sense to me. And it wasn't even a good plot line, how she died! I was really wishing she would have died doing was what she did best- being a true hero! Like saving the kids. That would have been TRUE and real to the character of Ana. But alas, the writer's aren't as good as I thought they were with how they portrayed Ana near the end and how they killed her. I still am upset about how they handled the whole thing. But I am slowly getting passed it, because there is nothing we can do about it. If there was, the show would be amazing as it was once in season 1! All I have to say is they BETTER give Ana the burial she deserves. With tears, speeches, the whole works!! They better give us THAT much! Oh yeah and I forgot to talk about the whole Jack's dad thing. Boo. That is awful! Who cares about him? Jack's dad is so freakin' boring and he's dead! I am tired of flashie's always involving him! And Ana's should have involved Danny or Jason when he shot her!! Not Jack's dad! I think that was made up and thrown together rather quickly. I do not believe the writer's for one second when they say they have had EVERYTHING planned out until season 5. Pulease!
Old 05-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ker:

{ max&liz #700
Kinda weird about that star, huh? Kinda sad...
It just doesn’t seem that something burning so bright could just…burn out.
#ROSWELLBACK
Old 05-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Hayley!!!!!!

you guys always have the best posts!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Master Fan

Ohh!! Weronika beat me! Lovely wall/banner.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

You can still make some!

We can never get enough avies!

Weronika! them all!

Im not gonna change it until after her trial though, cause the one I have now says "be free"
Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Hey team

Weronika awesome stuff

I hate LOSt now you know? Why Ana? Guh I'm so angry right now
Old 05-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Onarek!

Its so sad
Old 05-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ker, i still haven't seen Resident Evil but i want to!

Hayley, absolutely. The whole Ana/Christian Shepard connection just floored me and i honestly did not get the point of it! And i tried too, honestly, i did!!! What was his whole point of asking her to go with him to Australia? Just so HE Wouldn't be alone? That's what it appeared like to me because i really didn't see how she was "acting as a bodyguard." And Ana just believes this complete stranger and goes with him? How insulting it is to this character when she is suppose to be a former cop with cop instincts and cops are normally "suspicious" by nature? He could have been some crazy "axe murderer" for all Ana knew and she just leaves with him? Nah, not the Ana i came to know!

And i agree, we better get a decent "mourning episode" and not some lousy 2 minutes of "too Bad, So Sad, now we move on" jumbo like poor Shannen! Otherwise, i'll be back here next week ranting again!!!!!

Okay, is it just me or did anyone else find it a bit lame that Ana was thrown in as an "airport security guard"? I mean, whoopy-doo!!!!!!! What a way to knock the importance of the character down a few notches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Elite Fan

Heather! I totally agree about the airport security thing. Sheesh. I have to go back and rewatch this episode, cause I was on the phone for the first 30 mins and so worried about when she was gonna get killed, I couldnt concentrate!

Heather, its much better than I thought it would be. (Resident Evil)

I gotta go and get ready to babysit! I will try to get back on tonight, if Im not back too late. If not, I will definitely be on tomorrow from work!

Ana MR
Old 05-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Onarek! I know.. I hate it too!!

Heather, I agree completely!!! Ugh.

Bye Ker!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Absolute Fan

I never liked anty-thread but now... anty-michael thread it's like heaven for me
Old 05-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Yeah!! I was all for that! I cannot believe him!!! He has NO excuse!!