Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2006, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

New thread!

I'm not up for quititng Lost because there's a lot left I like (and we *could* see Libby again if they follow through with their promise) but this season definately changed a lot for me.

The Rock? They can't be serious!!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Liz, yeah they are serious as far as we know.

For me, things changed way too much in such a bad way. As much as I love CC it's not enough to make me keep watching the show at all. Because that is the ONLLLY good thing for me on the show, and I am sure the writer's will end up ruining them anyways again. I'll just tivo the eppies and watch only their scenes if they have any scenes. I'm sure The Rock will have more airtime then both of them put together.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

Hay, I can quit Jate. I thought for a while when Jack was kinda driving me nuts that I didnt like them. But I cant stop loving them, lol. I like Skate too, but Jate has that connection, And now that Ana is gone..... No Jana or Sana.

Hey Liz!

And I agree, the season wasnt that good, cause they jipped us on many many things....But there is still a lot of potential in so many storylines yet, with many new things that came up in the finale.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

I wish I could like it.. I tried really hard too! I even watched the whole finale! Well, I sat here while the TV was on. I wasn't paying much attention though. I just think these storylines are all overplayed. They totally dropped 'the monster' storyline and 'the others' are boring to me. I hate all the main characters and I hate the love triangle with a passion. It's like a soap opera. The only couple I like gets shafted and are like extras in the background. And they let Michael get away with murder and I found most of the scenes laughable. Like Michael mottoring off on the boat with Walt. Sorry for the rant.. I just gotta have a place to vent!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:09 AM
Elite Fan

Its all good! Thats what we are here for

I gotta go and get ready for work! I will be back once I get there!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Master Fan

Alright!! I'll probably be gone by then at school!! I might be able to sneak on though, cuz in one of my classes were using the computers.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome! I hope you get to! Im at work till 7 my time tonight..........

And hopefully we can keep this thread to the top!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I understand how you feel Hayley. When the show doesn't focus on your favorite characters, and they're all your invested into, it makes sense to quit. That's what happened with me and Charmed. After Prue died, I was like "yeah, I got nothing anymore" and stopped. I really hate the way they wrote Sawyer this season, I really hope next season the writing is better. Ironically I've grown to love Sawyer & Kate so much more this season, I think Jack/Kate are 2nd now.

Just...The Rock? That's so obscure! He doesn't fit at all! And here I had such high hopes for next season, hoping they'd learn their lesson.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, Liz!! I was thinking the same thing. I was thinking they'd make up for this crappy season but umm.. Doesn't look like that's gonna happen so far.

They've killed off everyone I like!!! Boone, Shannon, then Ana, and just when I was starting to like Libby they kill her too. I can't watch a show that does that. I just can't. I wish I wouldn't have ever gotten invested in this show in the first place.

You guys are pretty lucky for liking J,K,S. Jack and Sawyer individually are alright. I don't mind scenes with them. But I don't like them when they are around Kate. And that's all they're ever around. So I'm just screwed. You also know they'll never kill any of those three. So you should consider yourselves lucky.

The only two characters I love could easily get killed off. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it happened.

Talk to you later Ker!!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Shoone was my OTP for this show for like the longest time, then they killed them, BOTH! I like Jack/Kate/Sawyer, but I gotta admit I'm liking Jack less and less. And like you said, Libby was one of my favorite new characters (because I just love Cynthia so frickin, much, I would've loved Libby if she were evil and ended up causing the whole crash herself) and they just killed her, without a backstory no less! And the episode I learned to like Ana, she died, it's just so bad!

This season just BLEW with characters. All my faves changed so much, Kate too, that it's hard to tell if I love them anymore. I guess I like them, I'm more invested into the show's storylines than the characters at this point. They keep saying this show is character driven, but it REALLY isn't.

I think by the time the show's done, everyone will have died

I don't think they'd kill off Claire or Charlie because the C/C fanbase is really big. If they did, that'd be such a stupid move.

Bye Kerry!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

I agree with you!!! The show is NOT character based!! You don't go and kill off everyones favorite characters!! NO one want to watch a show that does that!! Why don't they get that through their heads?! They lose SOOOO many viewers with every single person they kill off!!

And you are SO right. The characters have changed SOOOO much. I loved loved loved Claire the first season. But this season.. Like midseason I didn't like her at all. She was SOO out of character is was insane. Another person who is WAY out of character from first season I think is Locke. I thought he was cool in first season! He was all nice and mysterious. And how he helped Charlie with the drug problem then all of the sudden in W + F he turned on Charlie for NO reason!! It was SO out of character. And all he ever does is cry now. ( I KNOW you love him Liz so I am not bashing him at all!! I hope you don't take it that way!! ) I love Terry as an actor too! He's great. But he has been quoted saying that he doesn't like the way his character is going either. I feel bad for Terry!!

And yeah, if they killed Charlie or Claire it would be a HUGE HUGE mistake, because they are the couple and the people that hardly anyone really hates. They are just there. Not bothering anyone. So everyone is kinda rooting for them, because they are sweet and they have no other 'couple' to compete against because there is no triangle. So most people like them. But after what the writer's have done I wouldn't be at all surprised if they killed either of them.

Anyways!! I SOOO wish I could stay and keep talking, but I gotta go to school!! I'll be back on later for some more discussion!! You all rock!!

Ana/MR!
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Yup, they lose everyone with who they kill off.

My poor poor Locke! I agree, he's changed sooo much this season (but he turned on Charlie because he thought Charlie was taking drugs and stealing Aaron, I wish he had helped him instead though). He was so different last season and that whole stupid Hatch storyline ruined him! And Terry is NOT happy, he really doesn't like how Locke has been written, but he even said himself, he can only voice it to the writers, they won't always listen! I'm so glad that stupid Hatch got destroyed, may it NEVER return. I want season 1 Locke back.

Charlie & Claire are safe I think, at least for another season. They'd be idiots if they killed them off, really would.

Aww well enjoy the day I'm gonna try to find some MR articles, see if there's anything new since yesterday.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Im back! Sorry Im late! Was catching up a little on work and trying to set up my outlook email........

Did you find any new MR articles?

And I agree with everything yall have said. Thats why during season 2, I wasnt much of a jater, cause Jack drove me nuts.

All shows change, which sucks. And hopefully with the new chances of storylines next season, with Desmond and Penny and the "romance-ish" stuff they are talking about)hopefully more with CC and Jate or Skate and Penny and Desmond).
Old 06-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just watched "The other 48 days" It was a brilliant episode, and even though I knew Ana was going to cry, when she did I almost did as well Michelle was great in that episode and it has to be the first episode of Lost where I didn't hit the fast forward button
Old 06-01-2006, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

The best episode this season!