Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

That couldn't be more true.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Personally I couldn't care less about most of them, I'm quite happy for the show to ignore them. I think they're mostly inferior characters and I don't think the show needs to focus on them at all.

Let's see:
Charlie... I'd prefer if he wasn't killed but really I don't care much about him. Charlie screen time isn't a big priority with me.
Claire.. I think she's useless, I think every moment she's onscreen is wasted time. I couldn't care less about her baby.
Sayid... I'd happy to never see him again. Can't stand him.
Sun... another useless character. I don't want time wasted on her. I find her flashbacks torture.
Hurley... I like him but I don't find him interesting. I don't need to see much of him.
Locke.. a character I find massively overrated. I certainly don't need to see him. I wouldn't mind knowing how he got in the wheelchair though, but it's mild curiosity, not a big priority.
Jin... he's well-acted but he's not a big priority with me.

Naveen Andrews has done awful work on Lost from the beginning. He puts on this overdone act that makes the character come across so fake and he sounds nothing like an Iraqi. The more they keep him out of sight the better. As for AAA, they did underuse him, killing off Eko was real dumb. Locke got too much focus before and is generally overrated and the acting for the character is definitely overrated. And have to say I find him rather boring. I never saw what was so special about Libby or the acting for her. Killing her off that way was stupid but I don't think there was ever anything special there.
Just because you don't like these MAIN characters doesn't mean everybody does not either!! I know of more than a dozen people who have stopped watching lost just because they're not seeing the original losties!

And I agree with THE MAJORITY of people that jack has infact been overused and overated! he's not the main lead!! I seriously wish that this is lost's last season or second last.. It's already getting boring as hell, I don't think it's gonna get any better in the future as well.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

I think that the episode was good.
They just ruined it showing so many clip from this episode.
Matthew Fox is amazing! He is really the best!
I just hated Sawyer!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
There's more to the show than questions and answers. I come to Lost for the intensity and the feeling and to get good acting from actors like Matthew Fox, Josh Holloway, Tania Raymonde and HIC. Answers are a bonus but not a priority.
True, acting is definately a plus, but I'd rather watch a show with a good story. Lost has an amazing storyline, it just keeps going around in circles. It seems like the show has no focus anymore.

Here's the thing, it's pretty much confirmed this show only has 4 seasons (per ABC this year), so they should start going in some kind of direction. Instead, they seem to keep digging themselves in deeper.

Quote:
Personally I couldn't care less about most of them, I'm quite happy for the show to ignore them. I think they're mostly inferior characters and I don't think the show needs to focus on them at all.
Nonetheless, they all provide important answers. And there's a lot of people who do care for them.

Quote:
The Others obviously wanted Kate and Sawyer for other reasons that haven't yet been revealed. And I don't rate the show's quality based on what mysteries have been answered, unanswered questions add to the feel of mystery, we don't need every question answered real fast. Yes they should have answered more already but there's a lot more to the show than answering questions.
Definately not. But at least, stop creating new questions. Ending the show on a cliffhanger every week has done little for the ratings except bring them down.

I'll never agree that Naveen & Terry are horrible actors, I think they're both amazing and really underused, but we all have our opinions.

I don't think the show needs to answer everything really fast, it has a whole other season to do that. But I think it'll be a big mistake if they reveal everything at the last minute.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunniah (View Post)
And I agree with THE MAJORITY of people that jack has infact been overused and overated! he's not the main lead!!
Uh, yes he is. And he's far from overrated. Fox does the best acting on the show. Nor is it so sure that the "majority" of people agree with you. And ease down with the exclamation marks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
Here's the thing, it's pretty much confirmed this show only has 4 seasons (per ABC this year),
Where did you hear that? I heard five seasons.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where did you hear that? I heard five seasons.
It was posted in our news thread

Quote:
"I don't want to tell you what Season 4 is gonna be," he continues. "And then there was a shortened wrap-up season that would put you somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 episodes. At the end of season 4, we will have produced 93 hours of the show, and I imagine that would be very close to where it would end ideally."
Most likely it will go on for five seasons, but at this point it doesn't even sound like the writers know.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Uh, yes he is. And he's far from overrated. Fox does the best acting on the show. Nor is it so sure that the "majority" of people agree with you. And ease down with the exclamation marks.
I'm so with you! If it wasn't for Foxy and Jack and his interaction with the other characters the show was pretty much dead!