Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What can I say? I love Jack. Matthew always does an awesome job with his scenes. I would have liked more of a story with the tattoos though.

I'm ready for Jack to finally be rescued. The Others are starting to get a little old.

I was so glad to see some Alex/Jack scenes. Those two did awesome together.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
Um, I counted one reveal this episode...can anyone point out the other two?
Beats me. I'm guessing one would be Ben revealing that Ethan was their "best" doctor.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought they meant they would reveal the answer to three questions throughout the season. This one being the first reveal. I'm guessing another one coming up is how Locke got into the wheelchair.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Weak episode. It moved the plot along but had weak execution. None of the actors fault...Matthew Fox continues to blow me away with his acting on this show. I would have to say the pacing and direction were very off tonight.

Although, I do like how Jack is becoming an "Other"...not a big fan of the Alex/Karl teen angst. I really thought Lost was not going to have this...guess I was wrong.
I mostly agree with you about the episode. It did answer the question about Jack's tats. I liked it when he tells "the sheriff" that its what they say, but not what they mean. Great moment for Jack.

Another reveal could be what Sawyer said about Kate feeling guilty. Maybe it was a reveal of his thoughts?

I think the point of Jack becoming an "Other" might be to put Jack in a place we never thought he'd go. He's always the one trying to save everyone else, and maybe it's his chance to be saved. He's alone in many ways and putting him in with the Others would be a perfect play on that. I just don't want him to really "be" an Other.

Also, the whole thing with Juliet about them making it work together is interesting. Kate's safe for now and he has someone else he feels he should help because she helped him. I think he has compassion for Juliet, but I don't think he did until what she said to him at the end of #307 about going home. Maybe it will all be a big act to bust up the Others at the right time? I dunno.

I, too, thought the end was a little cheesy. I generally like cheese but this seemed a little much. Still, it was a good episode, but nothing like #307.
A #2 pencil and a dream will take you anywhere.

Jack/Kate ~ Nate/Jenny ~ Finn/Rachel ~ Angela/Hodgins ~ Bonnie/Damon

icon credit: jatelove
Old 02-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

It was a pretty good ep. I didn't really care for the flashbacks, but I did enjoy watching Jack with the Others. Loved watching him help out Juliet. And I, too, liked the scenes Jack had with Alex.

S/K was packed with angst. Love watching those two!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Tinkie (View Post)
Another reveal could be what Sawyer said about Kate feeling guilty. Maybe it was a reveal of his thoughts?
I highly doubt that.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Elite Fan

Boooring. I'm not sure what the three reveals were either.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

^ Damon and Carlton even said ABC was lying and they would only really reveal one mystery.

The fb wasn't that interesting to me, but I liked all the island scenes.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree, but Bai Ling's performance was more than I expected, I dont like her much

Spoiler:
Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I felt like this episode definately left something to be desired. I can't put my finger on it, but its just not working for me right now overall.

I loved happy!Jack at the beginning of his flashback. He was making me grin with all his grinning. I actually didn't think Bai Ling was too bad. And OMG the "love" scene .
I'm a little confused about the Cindy/the kids thing...all I can assume is that we'll see more to it later?
I have to jump on the Jack/Alex (NOT as a ship! lol) train. LOVED their interaction tonight. She's a feisty one, but Jack knows how to handle her. hehe Her just chucking the rock at the camera was classic.
My first thought during the Sawyer/Karl talk was "hypocrite". Here Sawyer is telling Karl to go back and that it's worth it but he's keeping Kate on a tight leesh and refusing to comply with her wishes to (eventually) go back. I know, of course Sawyer isn't going to be all gung-ho about going back for Jack, and yes it would be irrational to go back now with no back up but hello! He's practically giving Karl the shovel to dig his own grave (for all either of them know). Anyway, like I said, that was my first thought.
I can't comment about the S/K fight without getting shippy (and not in their favor) so moving on...
My head is spinning because I keep going back and forth about Jack and Juliet. . Overall I don't mind that Jack helped her, but it's true that he still has no idea if he can actually trust her or not. I think he mostly did it cause he won't sit back and just let someone die (considering that from what he can tell, she isn't the devil reincarnated ). And also I'm thinking he has something else up his sleeve.
Overall, not one of Jack's best eps but still enjoyable.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just watched the ending again. Lord that montage was cheesy and over the top.

I miss the freaking beach losties! Except Charlie.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Weak episode. It moved the plot along but had weak execution. None of the actors fault...Matthew Fox continues to blow me away with his acting on this show. I would have to say the pacing and direction were very off tonight.

Although, I do like how Jack is becoming an "Other"...not a big fan of the Alex/Karl teen angst. I really thought Lost was not going to have this...guess I was wrong.
I was wondering what the reveals were too. From the promos it sounded like they were going to be major things. All I can think of are:
1. That Ethan was their doctor
2. What Jack's tattoos mean and how he got them
3. That Cindy and the kids that were taken are still alive and okay

No major revelations there. It was a pretty good episode though, and one of the more interesting Jack flashbacks. I miss the beach losties though. (I hope they're not going to have them just in every other episode for the rest of the season)
Old 02-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Elite Fan

What does the tattoos mean?????? I can´t watch the episode yet!!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really liked this episode! Jack was great I didn't like the scenes with Bai Ling but still, the flashbacks were good. Loved the Kate/Sawyer angst and the Jack/Juliet development. Jack's scenes with Alex were great, too.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned

Very good episode but i was destracted for a half hour but it was a really good episode and Sawyer cracked me up.