Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Agreed. I would have liked to see her connection to Walt explored some more. Maybe have her start seeing more spirits..

I just got to the ep where Ana Lucia and Libby die. Season 2 was not kind to female characters.

Sayid was telling Hurley about the beach he took Shannon to.
Definately not kind to female characters you are right ( 3 died in season 2. That was a lot. In my opinion it was very unnecessary to kill of Shannon and Libby.

I was devastated when Shannon died. She only started to be happy again with Sayid and she started to find a reason in her life, then they kill her. I also found it to be a bad move because they took away 2 main characters from season 1 in a very short time. Season 1 really drew us to the characters, introduced them very slowly.. First Boone in 1x20 then Shannon in 2x06. And they even were related. It would have been wiser to just injure Shannon - so the tailies and the losties still could ve met under uncomfortable circumstances.. I always wanted to see a Paris flashback episode of Shannon in season 3.. it was so important in season 1 that she could speak and understand French. She translated Rousseau's maps and her signal. It would've been clever to show her year in Paris before they kill her off...
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostShayid (View Post)
Definately not kind to female characters you are right ( 3 died in season 2. That was a lot. In my opinion it was very unnecessary to kill of Shannon and Libby.

I was devastated when Shannon died. She only started to be happy again with Sayid and she started to find a reason in her life, then they kill her. I also found it to be a bad move because they took away 2 main characters from season 1 in a very short time. Season 1 really drew us to the characters, introduced them very slowly.. First Boone in 1x20 then Shannon in 2x06. And they even were related. It would have been wiser to just injure Shannon - so the tailies and the losties still could ve met under uncomfortable circumstances.. I always wanted to see a Paris flashback episode of Shannon in season 3.. it was so important in season 1 that she could speak and understand French. She translated Rousseau's maps and her signal. It would've been clever to show her year in Paris before they kill her off...
While I would have definitely preferred Shannon live, it almost felt like the writers were saying she had served her purpose...like, not as a character in a show, but within the Lost Universe she had changed and learned to love another. It was sort of like once a character had changed or fixed a major flaw they were killed off...or at least that's how it felt to me.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ yeah i felt that way too
Icon: ?
Old 09-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA4eva (View Post)
^ yeah i felt that way too
I just rewatched "Whatever the Case maybe" and it was so sweet to see the beginning of their (love) relationship again... how they looked at each other while they were translating and how she sung "La Mer" to Sayid at the caves
Does anyone have gifs of these moments?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 AM
MST Manager

You might be able to find those gifs here. sayid x shannon on Tumblr
Old 09-11-2014, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the link
Old 09-11-2014, 01:59 PM
MST Manager

You're welcome.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 09-12-2014, 02:40 PM
MST Manager

Great scene.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
You might be able to find those gifs here. sayid x shannon on Tumblr
thank you

and yes, great scene! although very sad

How do you post a tumblr?
Old 09-13-2014, 06:27 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostShayid (View Post)
thank you

and yes, great scene! although very sad

How do you post a tumblr?
I don't know. The Info Center might be able to help. The Info Center button is at the top of the page.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

You mean photos from tumblr to here?

1. Right click on the gif/photo and select "copy shortcut"
2. In click on the little mountain picture and paste the shortcut in
3. Repeat for each picture/gif

Make sure you hit enter every once in awhile. I like to arrange the gifs how they are arranged in the tumblr post. Usually 2 gifs and then enter. To get a bit of space between you have to push the space bar after pasting in a gif, but you don't have to hit enter twice to get a space.

Hope that helps! (if that's what you were talking about )
Old 09-13-2014, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

sounds about right to me i think she is meaning that
Old 09-15-2014, 06:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
You mean photos from tumblr to here?

1. Right click on the gif/photo and select "copy shortcut"
2. In click on the little mountain picture and paste the shortcut in
3. Repeat for each picture/gif

Make sure you hit enter every once in awhile. I like to arrange the gifs how they are arranged in the tumblr post. Usually 2 gifs and then enter. To get a bit of space between you have to push the space bar after pasting in a gif, but you don't have to hit enter twice to get a space.

Hope that helps! (if that's what you were talking about )
yes that's what I meant )

Thank you for your explanation It really helped me
Old 09-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

The moment we've all been waiting for