Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yup, i'll have to say that season 1 was the best.

I had my few choice eppys of season 2 that i liked very much, but the overall character and plot development of season 1 is way better. Season 1 blended the characters, their interactions, and the mystery surrounding the island in a balanced fashion! The characters and the mystery kept me intrigued as a viewer.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Overall, what they did in season 1 was to plot the characters, make them interact and the viewers find out what they really were before the crash. I guess, what I really liked about this season is that it was centered on developing the characters and their interactions with each other and the island.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, there was a better balance with the characters and the island story. Even when certain characters didn't have focus through flashbacks, they were still very much connected to what was happening on the island. We didn't have to wait until their individual "flashback" episodes in order to see them involved with the island story or with the surrounding character interaction!

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz
Yes, there was a better balance with the characters and the island story. Even when certain characters didn't have focus through flashbacks, they were still very much connected to what was happening on the island. We didn't have to wait until their individual "flashback" episodes in order to see them involved with the island story or with the surrounding character interaction!
Spoiler:

Like I said...I could very well be wrong.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by HappySquared; 06-04-2006 at 07:46 PM
Old 06-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry, Darb I got alarmed there. I had to put it on spoiler tags. We can compared both seasons on the season 2 thread. We don't want to spoil posters who are just starting season 1.

Heather Season 1 has definitely good balance between character's screentime. We still knew they were part of the story even if the episode wasn't their flashback.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

No problem. I forget that many are just starting S2. My bad.
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Extreme Fan

To me season one and season two were like totally different shows. I liked both but season one i really liked and was pretty good every episode. Season two had some amazing episodes but also so really bad ones.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still feeling "borderline" on watching season 3 but i'll probably stick my nose in it to give it a chance. Hopefully, the character development will be placed back on the right track but they need to figure out how to manage/balance it again like they did in season 1...especially if:
Spoiler:

Season 3 has some serious work cut out for it if it's going to latch back onto the success season 1 brought to the audience!

Darbi:
Spoiler:

Last edited by GrhmLz; 06-04-2006 at 09:06 PM
Old 06-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:
Old 06-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

[QUOTE]
Spoiler:
[QUOTE]
Spoiler:

This thread is too white all of a sudden
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 06-05-2006, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::mavie::

This thread is too white all of a sudden
I know. Guys, I think it'll be better instead of those white stuff, let's just head over to the Season 2 Thread and discuss it there, in that way, we won't spoil anybody and we'll have a decent conversation without all the white stuff.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ha, thanks Schnicky. The white spots are making me crazy from trying to hold back.

I'm up to the episode Special. I really liked seeing the background on Michael and Walt. I want them to have that real father and son bond.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just finished season one today, and it was excellent.

I'm dying to know what's in the hatch (even know I've heard a little bit about it). I'm excited for the inevitable meeting of the other survivors in season two as well.

All together, I was highly impressed with the first season. Looking forward to catching up on the second.

What was everyone's favorite season one moment?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I had so many I can't choose. Maybe... no, I don't know which one.

All I have to say is, don't get your hopes up for S2. Sorry
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 06-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

There were far too many moments in S1 to really choose from, and for different reasons. However, one of my favorite moments was Sawyer telling Jack about his conversation with Christian.