Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I wanna add on this Flocke - Kate thing:

I think that this episode made clear one thing: Kate's not important to the island (or at least to Flocke) on her own, she only is in relation to Jack. She is the key to get to Jack, anyone knows that to get Jack you have to use Kate against him as leverage, Ben knew it back is s2/s3, Flocke knows it. I'm a little disappointed by this Kate's "inutility" as her fan.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

The only scenes that they now give Kate is sitting at camp Smoke and looking absolutely forlorn.

This episode was just OK. Nothing really great. The sideways stuff was absolutely uninteresting and only the end perhaps redeemed this episode slightly.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Yup, Kate is utterly useless in terms of the island storyline. She just exist to be used as a tool for Jack. Nevermind Jack does what he always wants to and has a brain of is own.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The only scenes that they now give Kate is sitting at camp Smoke and looking absolutely forlorn
That pisses me off.
Damn it's the last season, shouldn't she be doing something other than sitting and moping all the time? I dunno try to talk to Claire, since she is the reason why she came back in the first place, or try to find out something about Flocke, this isn't even Kate, this is Zombie-Kate.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

we've gotten more than enough of Kate over the past 5 seasons...one ep with minimal her isn't the end of the world
Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 AM
Addicted Fan

This episode was GREAT!!! I don't know why it's getting so low rated. I love mythology eps too, but I also love the emotional character eps like this one!!! GREAT to see more of Sun & Jin in both times!!! I've always loved those 2 characters and seeing how their story is different in the parallel time. I just hope the baby surrives like she did in Island time.

I also really liked seeing more of Keamy, Omar, and Mikhail!!! And both groups of castaways and Widmore's group.

But the best thing about this was DESMOND'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO happy and can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Amanda's Twitter
Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Master Fan

HE IS BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED these two shots.

Old 03-31-2010, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
That pisses me off.
Damn it's the last season, shouldn't she be doing something other than sitting and moping all the time? I dunno try to talk to Claire, since she is the reason why she came back in the first place, or try to find out something about Flocke, this isn't even Kate, this is Zombie-Kate.
Uh, they've all been doing this unless it's their centric, lol.

And her only reason for existence is not to get Jack to tag along. Give her a little more credit than that, my goodness.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I can't believe how boring this episode was. Nothing happened. They keep on stalling and stalling and we're only 7(?) episodes away from the end. Season 6 has long surpassed season 5 as my worst season of Lost.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I can't believe how boring this episode was. Nothing happened. They keep on stalling and stalling and we're only 7(?) episodes away from the end. Season 6 has long surpassed season 5 as my worst season of Lost.
I think it seems like nothing has happened and I always go to say that after almost every episode.. but you have to really look at the big picture.

They took Jin, Flocke talked with Widmore, Sayid is a creepy turtle spy, Desmond is back. Sideways a LOT happened..

A whole day passed. That's a lot considering what's been happening, LOL.
growing up. moving on.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:57 AM
Air
Elite Fan

It's weird because I was SO entertained by this episode and didn't find it boring at all. IT was much more action packed than last week's episode. While last week revealed a lot, it lagged until the 3rd act when Jacob/MIB showed up. This episode seemed to me to have a good pace throughout.

1) ...but I was so annoyed that Sun/JIn had an episode dedicated to them and they STILL have not reunited. I am over it, I honestly don't care anymore. I care about Jin is all.

2) KEEAAMMMYYYYYYYY! That man makes my life.

3) I loved the sideways. Much more intriguing than a lot of the other's have been. I loved Sun/Jin's twist and their whole story there a whole lot. And while I've lost interest in them on the island, the sideways got me invested in them. Played very well.

4) I guessed a million years ago that The Package was Desmond, but I'm still SO excited! That man is the key to everything! YES YES YES.

5) Jack's camp stuff was a little dull, and Sun's bump on the head a bit contrived, but oh well.

6) RICHARD returning all badass and sht again! That's how I like my Alpert!

7) Widmore rocks. It's interesting how he and Ben were rivals but now it seems as if all along they were personal rivals but still on team Jacob, anti MIB. Hmmmm.... I'm VERY interested in the Widmore stuff. Almost more than Jacob/MIB rivalry because Widmore has more tangible intrigue to me.

8) Loved the mini Sawyer/Kate stuff we got. Although I'm getting annoyed with Sawyer announcing every episode "I aint with nobody." Not only is it a double negative, but WE GET IT. If we watch Lost, we are not a stupid audience, Darlton, so quit it already.

9) Jack SO made an empty promise to Sun it seemed. But I loved Sun not caring about her greater purpose. It seems to me that only Jack cares now Free Will FTW!

10) Locke's revelation about Kate = me being worried and sad.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
One thing I wanna add on this Flocke - Kate thing:

I think that this episode made clear one thing: Kate's not important to the island (or at least to Flocke) on her own, she only is in relation to Jack. She is the key to get to Jack, anyone knows that to get Jack you have to use Kate against him as leverage, Ben knew it back is s2/s3, Flocke knows it. I'm a little disappointed by this Kate's "inutility" as her fan.
so kate is only useful when she's behind jack saying amen to whatever jack says and follow in his missions and do whatever he orders her to do. Yeah, that kate is so much useful.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And her only reason for existence is not to get Jack to tag along. Give her a little more credit than that, my goodness.
That's not her reason for existence,but it's the reason why Flocke wants her alive.
And trust me I'm not jumping with joy about this either.
As Kate fan I was hoping she would be somehow important for Flocke for something related to her, not as leverage.

Quote:
so kate is only useful when she's behind jack saying amen to whatever jack says and follow in his missions and do whatever he orders her to do. Yeah, that kate is so much useful.
Dre, I didn't say that.
I said that Flocke wants her only because of Jack. He's gonna let Claire kill her once he has done with her so I don't think he consider Kate value per se.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 AM
Air
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think that this episode made clear one thing: Kate's not important to the island (or at least to Flocke) on her own, she only is in relation to Jack.
I'd like to think she has more purpose as a character than that. Maybe Locke doesn't think so, but this episode didn't MAKE that clear, it made Locke's intentions regarding Kate clear. Doesn't make them true.

Kate is definitely not important only in relation to Jack.